Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGlXX4DHqY

Sasha Banks first match has been uploaded onto Youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

duckdealer posted:

Sorry if I just overlooked this piece of information but is it known how long it will be available if I buy it?

Not a long time, to quote the preview I posted, "can be watched live or on-demand through October 4."

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Not a long time, to quote the preview I posted, "can be watched live or on-demand through October 4."

Ah I see. Thanks!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/AlfFisher18/status/1311965643416178688?s=20

Hoshino retired because she was sick of being harassed constantly on social media.

phillock88
Jun 12, 2013
Anyone here watch the Assemble show then?

I only know some of the bigger names and companies but I've always liked these kind of shows.

Got into New Japan with the All Together show years ago so hopefully this would get into joshi proper!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Haven't got around to it yet but it's on my to do list

In the meantime this should be a good show

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1312383823032668160?s=19

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh wow, Konami betrayed JunKyo and now TCS is dissolved. Who could have ever seen that coming

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I am certain Konami will take over as leader of Oedo Tai and not just be a lieutenant under Bea Priestley because I trust Rossy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

phillock88 posted:

Anyone here watch the Assemble show then?

I only know some of the bigger names and companies but I've always liked these kind of shows.

Got into New Japan with the All Together show years ago so hopefully this would get into joshi proper!

I've only seen a bit of it so far but one thing I'll say is the venue is really unusual. From the hardcam it looks like its inside some sort of warehouse, but from other angles you can see it's more like a stage, with the crowd on the hardcam side so you can't see them. It's a unique venue. They are also apparently doing another show in November, hopefully this is positive thing for Joshi in general.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

It's an adorable tiny amphitheater. - I also haven't finished the whole thing yet, but I'm generally on board with any inter-promotional event so this is real cool to me. ASUKA is the best.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's a stage in Ueno Park. Ice Ribbon and BJW use it for outdoor events in the summer where they mainly just throw a bunch of water around.

Assemble drew 600 which puts it on the higher end of covid era shows.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Power Windows posted:

I am certain Konami will take over as leader of Oedo Tai and not just be a lieutenant under Bea Priestley because I trust Rossy

"I refuse to be a second banana anymore!"
- Becomes third banana

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I was much more interested in this if Konami went her own way as a lone wolf instead of joining OT. It really does not make sense with how lifeless OT has been since Kagetsu and Hazuki left unless she is going to be the new leader.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

One funny story thread that seems to be running throughout this year is joshi rookies calling out Aja Kong (Mirai Maiumi in TJPW, Manami in Senjo, Ibuki Hoshi in Ice and Honori Hana in SEAd). Imagine being a kid fresh out of high school (or still there in Manami's case) deciding to try out this pro wrestling thing and your boss comes to you one day and tells you you're gonna be calling out Aja Kong in your post match promo.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is this like a retirement tour thing or are the bosses of these feds trying to get their rookies to consider another career path?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think it's just a way of getting her on cards in matches where she doesn't have to do much. She's challenging Yoshiko for the BTS title at SEAd's next Korakuen so I don't think she's fully winding down.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

soon aja will just travel from high school to high school to beat up the strongest child until she can find someone strong enough to surpass her

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Aja Kong vs Lulu Pencil

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The Aja Kong vs. Mirai Maiumi parts of that six-woman tag were easily among the highlights of the TJPW 1.4 show this year imo but admittedly Mirai is my favorite TJPW rookie so I'm biased

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

After their deathmatch tag match today, Jun Kasai told Rina Yamashita "these days many joshi wrestlers decorate themselves in glittery costumes and nice make up. Today you've decorated yourself in blood and I think you look more beautiful than any one of them. We're so lucky to have you." then they linked arms and jumped into a pile of broken glass and I think that's beautiful

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Pretty deflating to see Kyona in STARS again

Unrelated, but

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

After their deathmatch tag match today, Jun Kasai told Rina Yamashita "these days many joshi wrestlers decorate themselves in glittery costumes and nice make up. Today you've decorated yourself in blood and I think you look more beautiful than any one of them. We're so lucky to have you." then they linked arms and jumped into a pile of broken glass and I think that's beautiful

It is. Truly beautiful.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the TCS breakup has gone just about worst case scenario here. Konami defects to a unit that's been a joke all year, and the rest re-enact JAN and just join STARS. So now STARS is bloated again like it was before the draft that gave us TCS and any possibility that Kyona would transition to a rampage toward the title are all but dead.

Konami's new gear looks nice though.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

:3:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Nut Bunnies posted:

Yeah, the TCS breakup has gone just about worst case scenario here. Konami defects to a unit that's been a joke all year, and the rest re-enact JAN and just join STARS. So now STARS is bloated again like it was before the draft that gave us TCS and any possibility that Kyona would transition to a rampage toward the title are all but dead.

Konami's new gear looks nice though.

The upside is that there's non-zero chances of a) a JKGRiillllA team and b) due to said bloat some sort of Neo-JAN splitting off.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This rules.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jun Kasai, Rina Yamashita, Hyper Misao: The Best Stable

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

so romantic..........

do you remember the first time you hit your SO with a florescent light tube

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

One funny story thread that seems to be running throughout this year is joshi rookies calling out Aja Kong (Mirai Maiumi in TJPW, Manami in Senjo, Ibuki Hoshi in Ice and Honori Hana in SEAd). Imagine being a kid fresh out of high school (or still there in Manami's case) deciding to try out this pro wrestling thing and your boss comes to you one day and tells you you're gonna be calling out Aja Kong in your post match promo.

it goes deeper than this (spoilers for SEAd in the spoiler tags) in two of those cases the follow up has been "hey lets team up" and it means to said rookie teaming with Aja Kong at least once. Which is also very good!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Norman Rockwell is running out to his car to get his easel.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jun Kasai and his band of misfit girls vs Jon Moxly and his band of misfit boys

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

it goes deeper than this (spoilers for SEAd in the spoiler tags) in two of those cases the follow up has been "hey lets team up" and it means to said rookie teaming with Aja Kong at least once. Which is also very good!

Both Honori/Aja promos were really funny. When she announced she wanted to challenge Aja, Nanae said "alright we've got a show at the beginning of October" and Honori freaked out and said "That's so soon!" Then when Aja challenged Yoshiko for the Korakuen she asked if there were any shows before Korakuen for them to have a preview tag and Yoshiko asked who she was tagging with, Honori freaked again when Aja picked her.

Incidentally, Aja's promos are way too wordy for me to understand but apparently she's really funny because everyone was in tears laughing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

so romantic..........

do you remember the first time you hit your SO with a florescent light tube

They were are all making each other eat glass while shouting about how much fun they were having. It was a tag match between members of the same stable to welcome Rina to Unchain so all these people are supposed to like each other in story.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1313214190392209409

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If i learned anything from Netflix cancelation news is that they'll kill like any series after like 3 seasons no matter what so it's better off if you just do one contained season, maybe two but call it a day after that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wikipedia has come up with the clunkiest solution for differentiating between the Asukas

https://twitter.com/victorystardrop/status/1313467959629754372?s=19

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Love to not just use a person's birth name (Kana btw) as the Article header

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

I like the implication that Kana Asuka was never born and is instead eternal

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Wikipedia has come up with the clunkiest solution for differentiating between the Asukas

https://twitter.com/victorystardrop/status/1313467959629754372?s=19
I actually had no idea ASUKA/Veny was that young. That means she debuted at 16?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I actually had no idea ASUKA/Veny was that young. That means she debuted at 16?

Yeah, she dropped out of high school to train full time when she was 15. This interview is a pretty good read of how she got into wrestling.

https://twitter.com/NOAHs_Savior/status/940779460084879365?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not excusing dumb wikipedia practices but between two people who have the same job/role in an encyclopedia, birth date is legit what's used to distinguish them. you can see it a lot in places that have shitloads of actor bios or whatever else, with the first and/or most well known one being given no distinction. the reason is for archaic purposes, they wouldn't have wanted to use "Asuka (promotion)" and then the person leaves that promotion or anything else that can change. of course there are other, less robotman ways. robotmen and robotwomen created all of that stuff in the first place is all

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 7, 2020