Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They're not actually *that* different in actual size - the phattest of the 90s bikes, the Hayabusa, is only 2cms wider and 5cm taller than the modern R1, a size difference you'd barely be able to tell even if they were parked side-by-side. It's the styling, especially the smooth curves, that makes the difference.

I thought you had to be wrong but I looked up the specs and 1999 GSX-R750 is only 0.4" wider than my 2007 Daytona 675 (assuming they're measuring width in the same manner, not sure because the Daytona page says width was measured at the handlebars, gsx-r doesn't say where it was measured). It's weird because the gsx-r tank feels really wide, and both seats on the gsx-r are as my friend described it, "sized for Florida residents."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

"sized for Florida residents."

It's a CBR, but you get the point

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

It's a CBR, but you get the point

In a design office in Tokyo, a suspension designer nods contentedly to himself.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

well, at least it's unlikely to be grip limited.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm bigger than that rider and had my 240lb buddy on the back of my bike just to go around the block and it felt SKETCH, I don't know how that front tire is even on the ground

*edit*
although as a counterpoint I've been to Vietnam and apparently there are no weight limits on scooters and they still ride around with seemingly no issues

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Daughter has been asking to go on longer rides lately so we spent an hour riding around back roads near our town. Many thanks to Yuns for the gear!

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Awesome! The fit looks great. Stay safe guys.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That rules.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

moxieman posted:

Daughter has been asking to go on longer rides lately so we spent an hour riding around back roads near our town. Many thanks to Yuns for the gear!

gently caress yeah. I’m daydreaming about when my daughter is old enough to ride with me.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
As requested here are more pictures of the ZX-7R

Video with Sound Comparison of the '96 ZX-7R and the '20 Ninja 400

'96 ZX-7R Front

'96 ZX-7R Rear

'96 ZX-7R Console

Track Suit with '20 Ninja 400

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bike A+ amazing unclesaki

Photos C-

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

moxieman posted:

This owns so hard

Also I love the zx7r, and it’s loving battle scars ha

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Meant to post these earlier.

Did a trip to Latvia with my dad, also visited Lithuania and went down to the Russian border to Kaliningrad.

Most of Latvia is very flat and open, but go up to Sigulda and Ligatne and ride along the river valley and youve got magnificent views and roads.

The cars all made room for bikes, traffic otherwise was very hectic but manageable. Very nice country.

Lithuania is the same, we only visited Klaipeda, which has a really nice old town and the Kursiu Nerija national park goes down all the way to Kaliningrad and has really beatiful sand dunes along the Baltic coast and the road that goes through is really nice.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
Got the SV1000 sketchmobile running. Trip report later.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
You have the coolest bikes. What headlight is that?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oceanlife posted:

Got the SV1000 sketchmobile running. Trip report later.

:stare: I love it

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Managed to be coming home by the lake just as the sun was setting.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Strife posted:

Managed to be coming home by the lake just as the sun was setting.

Gorgeous

Coydog posted:

You have the coolest bikes. What headlight is that?

Thanks guys. The SV1000 I got in a trade for an '89 Ninja 600, front end is all mystery meat, no clue. Now that it's running I'm gonna take her to the local make bikes go faster shop and see what we can do.

Here they are back home. Gotta lead on some old BMW Boxers I'm gonna check out this week

Oceanlife fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 6, 2020

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Meant to post these earlier.

Did a trip to Latvia with my dad, also visited Lithuania and went down to the Russian border to Kaliningrad.

Most of Latvia is very flat and open, but go up to Sigulda and Ligatne and ride along the river valley and youve got magnificent views and roads.

The cars all made room for bikes, traffic otherwise was very hectic but manageable. Very nice country.

Lithuania is the same, we only visited Klaipeda, which has a really nice old town and the Kursiu Nerija national park goes down all the way to Kaliningrad and has really beatiful sand dunes along the Baltic coast and the road that goes through is really nice.

What a great trip

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Looks awesome. Will try that route someday!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

First ride of many to come in Illinois. The tar snakes up here are absolutely evil, I thought my front tire was flat or something.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Show us the 2021 MT07 already you cowards!

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Been breaking the new tires in.

I guess enjoy pictures of an early 80's ratty looking bike that turns into a complete and utter rear end in a top hat past 6 thousand RPMs.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Your 80's grampa honda is faster than a 300zx turbo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj0UjUo5Jsw

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Well, it certainly FEELS fast, at least to me, but I haven't really driven many street bikes and I definitely haven't tried racing anything or anybody. It keeps up with traffic, 55 mph is around 3800 rpm in sixth (or overdrive, whatever), mileage is low 30s. I definitely think I have a gasleak somewhere near the fuel filter though, stinks like hell.

Anyway, just having buttloads of fun on the sideroads around here. Lots of curves and switchbacks, limited only by weather and rear end endurance!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I was really digging southern Wisconsin today. Never ridden through an actual Autumn before.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

FBS posted:

I was really digging southern Wisconsin today. Never ridden through an actual Autumn before.

They repaved a bunch of highway K in the middle of nowhere over by Columbus, it's nice. Nothing really beats the driftless though.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shots, I'm just south of the IL/WI by Lake Geneva and usually head up to the area between Madison and Milwaukee for riding.

The southwest corner of WI is really amazing once you get west of Madison. You just missed the fall slimey crud run last weekend which runs out there.

WI also has a Rustic Roads Motorcycle patch program. Take 10 pics with your bike and different rustic road signs and they give you a patch. They tend to be scenic and decent rides. Snake road by Lake Geneva is one of my favorites in the SE of WI.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Every time you post your FZ07 I get buyer's remorse over my FZ09

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Yerok posted:

They repaved a bunch of highway K in the middle of nowhere over by Columbus, it's nice. Nothing really beats the driftless though.

my turn in the barrel posted:

Nice shots, I'm just south of the IL/WI by Lake Geneva and usually head up to the area between Madison and Milwaukee for riding.

The southwest corner of WI is really amazing once you get west of Madison. You just missed the fall slimey crud run last weekend which runs out there.

WI also has a Rustic Roads Motorcycle patch program. Take 10 pics with your bike and different rustic road signs and they give you a patch. They tend to be scenic and decent rides. Snake road by Lake Geneva is one of my favorites in the SE of WI.

I'm just east of Rockford. Only been out on two rides so far, yesterday I made it to New Glarus before heading back east but I definitely look forward to some longer trips. I ordered some insulated gloves so it will be fun to learn what temperature I wimp out at.

Jazzzzz posted:

Every time you post your FZ07 I get buyer's remorse over my FZ09

Wanna trade? :v:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lots of WI goons hell yeah

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

We should have another northern IL/southern WI cyclegoon meet. Hopefully with 100% less goon rapists this time.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

Brapped up to the mountain cabin. -2c/28f when we got there. New Scott d3o softcon upper armour was nice, better than my old acerbis hard shelled.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Where do you even get a reindeer pelt anyway?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Lappland?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm not sure but I've had one that escaped it's farm bounce into my path, destroy the fairing on my first bike then gently caress off into the bush. Didn't crash though.

In conclusion: gently caress raindeer.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
It's actually a pretty common fancy/retro camping thing here in Norway. Most bigger sporting goods store has single person sit plate size and/or full length furs with water repellant applied to the skin side.

Ofc tourist trap stores sell them for 2x the price.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

my turn in the barrel posted:

Hopefully with 100% less goon rapists this time.

Uuuuuuuh?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

Run over a reindeer, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Martytoof posted:

Run over a reindeer, duh.

Exactly, your grandma should have at least one tucked away somewhere.