Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

All the conspiracies are part of one thing that branches off of itself like mercury being heated in a tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovJcsL7vyrk

Except Prince Charles vampire, that one's just true.

I am intrigued about Denver Int'l Airport. The wiki article obliquely references some conspiracies but doesn't say what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think there's persistent rumours about it having an underground tunnel complex.

Which, I think it does, but I can't remember what it's for, it's probably not full of mole people though.

There's also a big art gallery somewhere I think in california that has similar rumours but the reason for it having underground tunnels is because it's where they put the art when the state catches fire.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/05/paul-dacre-ofcom-regulator-mail

Strong potential for "Ah well, nevertheless" when Dacre takes over Ofcom to use it settle his and the govt's scores. I also saw the head of the appointments commission saying on twitter how the appointment process is very robust and it will follow the correct process etc., I'm sure he believes it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I also think that some kinds of religion predispose you to running straight to the top of that chart because they already require you to believe that everything is operating according to some plan you can't comprehend and that that is the most credible reason for things happening.

Basically everything is john calvin's fault.
Makes sense. Apply a plan to something where there obviously was a plan like Tuskegee or when MIT and Quaker Oats paired up with the AEC to feed radioactive oatmeal to teenagers with cognitive impairments and you see some hosed up poo poo.
Try to apply it to chaotic fuzz and you get all kinds of ghosts coming out of the woodwork.

Bobstar posted:

I am intrigued about Denver Int'l Airport. The wiki article obliquely references some conspiracies but doesn't say what they are.
There's almost certainly some Cold War 'dual use' poo poo going on with the underground airport.

It's almost certainly not being used for satanic NWO sacrifices though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

OwlFancier posted:

I saw it breifly last night, seems like someone put out a loose change video or something and a bunch of mush brained anti mask people are going nuts, I didn't pay much attention cos that's just what they do.

God Loose Change, that brings back memories

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It seems to be mostly about the UK and Irish lockdowns being bullshit.

Which they are, because the UK badly hosed up the first two weeks of the virus, but that's not what they're mad about.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Joke country

https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/status/1312796817046884355?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Now they just need to get rid of those pesky cameras.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Bobstar posted:

I think the conspiracies are based around the fact that it is oddly massive for where it is (so it probably does have some Cold War poo poo as Gavanaut mentioned), but mainly that it has these weird murals:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I've been hearing bizarre rumours of an extensive series of underground tunnels below London, inhabited twice daily by a pitiable race of worker drones forced to toil pointlessly their entire lives by an international cabal of big businesses.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1313036586376990723?s=20

What a complete non-surprise.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Entirely unsurprising that coplord keir starmer can only imagine ordering the killings rather than being the subject of them.

Also loving howling:

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1313030662539161600

"They've been doing it for ages illegally so we'd better make it legal"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
How can you expect police to stop child abuse gangs if you don't allow them to infiltrate and abuse children and take payment from the gang to stay quiet and then rob the council offices and destroy paperwork about the abuse?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/yet_so_far/status/1312870822252474370?s=20

Oct 4, 2005

So it turns out the test and trace system missed 16,000 covid cases because our "world beating" system runs on loving EXCEL!

https://twitter.com/search?q=Excel&src=trend_click&vertical=trends
https://twitter.com/AndyMacDroo/status/1313048639573499904

Guys it is not hard to spin up a sql database what the hell are they doing!?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

1965917 posted:

So it turns out the test and trace system missed 16,000 covid cases because our "world beating" system runs on loving EXCEL!

Everything runs on excel. My pharma job has lots of fancy visualisation platforms, and machine learning thingies, but most of the day to day work I get done with some VLOOKUP and conditional formatting

E: while forumsposting

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't believe John didn't die when NME died. Guess that's the power of being stuck in the 90s and thinking Pulp was the height of western civilisation

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Everything runs on excel. My pharma job has lots of fancy visualisation platforms, and machine learning thingies, but most of the day to day work I get done with some VLOOKUP and conditional formatting

Same but electrical infrastructure for trains, though I write the software not touch the excel but still.

e: "The tables must get filled" is a sentence I hear on a regular basis.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 5, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I love it when work sends me giant excel files full of information on every supermarket in the country and some sort of cross-linking that doesn't work once migrated out of the internal network.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Same. Also because I'm not a statistician I'm not given the proper stats programs but I do have R Studio which I learned to drive on a MPH course. My clinical colleagues treat it like it's powered by voodoo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

1965917 posted:

https://twitter.com/AndyMacDroo/status/1313048639573499904

to add to this: the reason that it reached its maximum size is they were tracking each individual case by column not row

Oct 4, 2005

Naa I'm sorry this is just awful, just because other companies do it for much smaller amounts of data doesn't make it ok.

And their solution to the problem seems to be "just make more excel files". Its a drat mess, how the hell are you supposed to search that?

Jose posted:

to add to this: the reason that it reached its maximum size is they were tracking each individual case by column not row

I don't understand, just....why?

1965917 fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 5, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Can't wait for that spreadsheet to be leaked. Really cool and good data management there.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The money has been awarded so the purpose of the contract has been fulfilled. Dwelling on it beyond that is rude frankly

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

knox_harrington posted:

Same. Also because I'm not a statistician I'm not given the proper stats programs
Only statisticians are allowed to access the proper stats programs because they'd drive an unprotected person mad.

One look at a raw IQR calculation and you're naked but for a plant pot on your head and writing Harry Potter fan-fiction about Bayes and doing things like

Jose posted:

:stonk:

1965917 posted:

Naa I'm sorry this is just awful, just because other companies do it for much smaller amounts of data doesn't make it ok.

And their solution to the problem seems to be "just make more excel files". Its a drat mess, how the hell are you supposed to search that?
Just make one master Excel file that crosslinks the totals from all the other Excel files. Nothing ever goes wrong with that.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Failed Imagineer posted:

Even better is when they decide to replace excel so they splash out on new software that is basically excel but with reduced functionality, but it's validated so that's all they care about

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/supermathskid/status/1313022740614479874?s=19

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Wish could be suprised, one of my first jobs was working for a public body around 08/09, and they were using Excel to store private information, despite it being both a tedious ballache and security risk (at that particular place)

It was also incompatable with their other system, so basically had to enter everything twice.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Time for them to migrate to Access97 imo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

1965917 posted:

I guarantee the data I'm talking about is larger than any COVID tracking database, probably by an order of magnitude. I'm not saying it's OK, it's just funny. Wouldn't honestly surprise me if humanity is wiped out by a malevolent AI triggered by an unclosed parenthesis formula in cell AAABX276355

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes I am working on the covid file and not just playing spy hunter all day.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/pernilleru/status/1313051137877192704?s=21

lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jose posted:

murder me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Whom among us could have foreseen this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

love to get called out by the UN

https://twitter.com/UN_SPExperts/status/1313027583894786048?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The British government right now

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I saw it breifly last night, seems like someone put out a loose change video or something and a bunch of mush brained anti mask people are going nuts, I didn't pay much attention cos that's just what they do.

There’s a worrying amount of them. I’m concerned we’ve hit the point that the US is at and ‘it’s just the flu’ just went mainstream in the UK.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Jose posted:

bahahaha, loving hell. How do they even know it's only 16k cases they've missed?

Unless all the extra cases were just on another tab on an excel sheet with the maximum columns being 16k?

I am thinking that this is what the computer 'glitch' was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

There’s a worrying amount of them. I’m concerned we’ve hit the point that the US is at and ‘it’s just the flu’ just went mainstream in the UK.

I mean was it ever not? When has the UK public ever been conscious of the material consequences of their actions?