Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

sourdough posted:

I didn't watch, was he benched for Beathard or got injured?

Benched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sourdough posted:

he got benched because he threw the world's stupidest loving pick with the game on the line and it was also a pick six

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

sourdough posted:

Someone post the pick.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

condolences to the last place 49ers 😔

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Crescent Wrench posted:

Someone post the pick.

lol

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1312952428627587074

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

given the game situation that's truly the worst loving interception I have ever seen in my life gently caress

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Holy poo poo lmao

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I didn't realize the bears played two games today

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CPowers14/status/1312954802935148545

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

What a great day for weird scores. We had a 49-38, a 19-11, a 33-25, and somehow the only scorigami was 35-29, a perfectly ordinary game with one extra two-point conversion thrown in.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

he got benched because he threw the world's stupidest loving pick with the game on the line and it was also a pick six

And it was his second terrible interception in the game.

Edit: the super bowl loser curse is real and I'm sad.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Hahaha

HAHAHA

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That Mullens INT was some real can't see the field poo poo, oof

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Right after seeing it (and the skycam replay), I said it's in the discussion for worst passes ever.

... There's no pressure to speak of, if that linebacker isn't there, that hits the ground in front of the receiver at best, and uh, there is a linebacker there.

There's also two guys running routes on the play, so not sure what reading of the field he could've been distracted by.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 5, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh my god

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I think Houston's offense might be not good

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Like, if you had his POV, the defender would literally be blocking any view of the receiver

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The arc of that throw is great. The ball goes 5 yards and then just completely loses the will to live and becomes a huge fart.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
God I’m almost looking forward to the Pats to get their asses beat tonight. They have absolutely no chance so might as well have it be an embarrassing mess that hopefully makes the NFL look bad.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Um, the Patriots getting their asses beaten makes the NFL look phenomenal in the eyes of like 99% of people

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hoo boy

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1313118621854502912

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

God I’m almost looking forward to the Pats to get their asses beat tonight. They have absolutely no chance so might as well have it be an embarrassing mess that hopefully makes the NFL look bad.

What a weird post

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sheen Sheen posted:

Um, the Patriots getting their asses beaten makes the NFL look phenomenal in the eyes of like 99% of people

They took their marquee national 4 o’clock game between Cam and Mahomes and instead of delaying it until later in the season so both teams might be able to field a competitive product they went “GOTTA PUSH THROUGH” and shoved it on a Monday night overlapping MNF in a situation basically guaranteeing a blowout with much lower ratings. It’s a bad business decision and I can only imagine they did it out of the optics of desperately not wanting to admit that they have to deal with a larger picture Covid problem. And if another Pats player ends up testing positive because they rushed this which they acknowledge is a possibility because the Pats are flying on TWO DIFFERENT PLANES depending on who had the most contact with Cam OH BOY.

This league is sick and I’m legit ashamed that I can’t bring myself to stop watching it.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 5, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I still don't understand what delaying the game for 27 hours was supposed to accomplish.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I still don't understand what delaying the game for 27 hours was supposed to accomplish.

Because now everything's fine. There most certainly won't be more cases tomorrow or over the next week, and now the chiefs will be infected too - which may mean it won't show until next week. This is fine, everything's fine.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This league is making the Pats players, upon hearing that they were exposed to a positive Covid case 3 goddamn days ago, travel to KC on the same day as the game without being able to practice or meet with eachother for the second half of the week knowing that they’re gonna get a substandard product with lower ratings just to be able to pretend that everything is fine and good and not to worry about anything it’s all under control. I’m loving pissed frankly. Chiefs fans ought to be as well.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Probably just to give time for more testing?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
imagine your team being 1-3. couldn’t be me :smug:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If the Pats players outright refused to play and took the lose I’d support it 100%. But obviously that’s not happening.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

*checks the standings*

I am also totally against this season!

(unless tua plays and he's really good)

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Pats players outright refused to play and took the lose I’d support it 100%. But obviously that’s not happening.

I'd support it 100% too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I hope you guys aren't tired of Tom Brady because the Bucs have a run of national games over the next 5 weeks.

@ Bears (Thursday Night Football)
vs. Packers (FOX Game of the Week)
@ Raiders (Sunday Night Football)
@ Giants (Monday Night Football)
vs. Saints (Sunday Night Football)

looked a bit further and then they have a normal Panthers game followed by:

vs. Rams (Monday Night Football)
vs. Chiefs (CBS Game of the Week)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I hope you guys aren't tired of Tom Brady

lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They took their marquee national 4 o’clock game between Cam and Mahomes and instead of delaying it until later in the season so both teams might be able to field a competitive product they went “GOTTA PUSH THROUGH” and shoved it on a Monday night overlapping MNF in a situation basically guaranteeing a blowout with much lower ratings. It’s a bad business decision and I can only imagine they did it out of the optics of desperately not wanting to admit that they have to deal with a larger picture Covid problem. And if another Pats player ends up testing positive because they rushed this which they acknowledge is a possibility because the Pats are flying on TWO DIFFERENT PLANES depending on who had the most contact with Cam OH BOY.

This league is sick and I’m legit ashamed that I can’t bring myself to stop watching it.

This comes off as you being mad that your team is sick though. Where was this outrage when the marlins had it happen? Tennessee earlier in week?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

This comes off as you being mad that your team is sick though. Where was this outrage when the marlins had it happen? Tennessee earlier in week?

The league didn’t force the Titans to play today and instead delayed it weeks so there’s less to be mad about...

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

It lowkey has actually been impressive how few players/staff have gotten the roni so far especially with no bubble and how contagious it is.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The league didn’t force the Titans to play today and instead delayed it weeks so there’s less to be mad about...

I don’t think the Tits are getting off that easy. They basically have to have their bye week early and are on the NFL's shitlist. I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous because the Bills play them next but there is a big difference between an outbreak and one player getting it.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 5, 2020

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dan Quinn's job is kind of riding on this one, isn't it? I mean, if he keeps it close he might be fine but if the team shits the bed he's sort of screwed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

pasaluki posted:

It lowkey has actually been impressive how few players/staff have gotten the roni so far especially with no bubble and how contagious it is.

It actually goes to show how important rapid testing is, that you can isolate people easily if you find it to prevent the spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

seiferguy posted:

Dan Quinn's job is kind of riding on this one, isn't it? I mean, if he keeps it close he might be fine but if the team shits the bed he's sort of screwed.

we said this a bunch last year too