Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Otacon posted:

That was the exact name of my ship that perished :mcnally:

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

We killed a hostile keepstar on initial drop in FWST. :toot:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The current justification is "goons are too stupid to insure."

Was that what yesterday's fleet was all about or did that happen during this night?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

Was that what yesterday's fleet was all about or did that happen during this night?

It's regarding the keepstar we killed just today in FWST. We did it by trickling in LR dreads, and naturally we lost a bunch of them.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's regarding the keepstar we killed just today in FWST. We did it by trickling in LR dreads, and naturally we lost a bunch of them.

Why is everything in EU time? gently caress those guys I was sleeping

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
This was the first thing in EU in a minute lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Yeah, but get this, we lost the ISK war. CHECKMATE GOONS

Once my econ character takes off we will never have to worry about ISK again

Invest now and get dividends

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

baited on a free keepstar

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

baited on a free keepstar

They're dropping another one!!!!

*edit: They dropped another one, same system

Dalael fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 5, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm planning on building my own refinery one of these days, what would be a good location for it?

Dalael posted:

I actually saw someone in the Rookie chat cheering about this, what does this mean in practice?

I know nothing about nullsec

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

I'm planning on building my own refinery one of these days, what would be a good location for it?

I actually saw someone in the Rookie chat cheering about this, what does this mean in practice?

I'd say you're so far from this goal atm, its not really worth discussing and it will depend on your goals.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Keepstars are the biggest and most defensible space stations that players can build. They give an enormous defensive advantage and they are a great staging point for an invasion. They dropped one earlier but it was destroyed so they're trying again. If it onlines, they'll be able to bring their stuff forward and have access to the uuh.. 10% of delve they didn't from their previous staging.

Unfortunately they're apparently causingf massive Tidi to stop us from destroying it. I'm not up to speed on mechanics but I think you need to sustain a certain amount of damage on the keepstar. With Tidi, it makes it harder to do do and the timer is apparently not affected. Others can explain it better

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Time to move to poitot

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Anias posted:

We can only hope. Tidi fights are actually extremely chill. You get to hang out, read your book, and leisurely consider every salvo while drinking your earl gray hot.

Lock the FC's primary
Lock finishes 3-6 minutes later as primary explodes
Repeat 3-4x until you actually lock a target that hasn't already lost 90% hull
Press F1
Five minutes later, check outstanding commands window to make sure you didn't hit F1 twice, see nothing but calls for pilot bounty info
Target evaporates before your guns cycle
Notice you're missing some shield, but you don't see yellow boxes anywhere so you don't broadcast for reps, probably just a smartbomb
A few minutes later your shield evaporates and you're into half armor, red boxes galore (never saw yellow boxes)
Click your ADC, broadcast for reps, and cross your fingers (Logi is now perma-jammed, thoughts and prayers)
ADC never cycled, you're now in your pod, time to self destruct and re-ship
20 minutes later, your 2-minute self destruct timer finishes but you see a message about self-destruct being canceled due to "external factors" and you've not exploded
Try to warp to a friendly structure with a clone bay so you can dock and suicide there - oops, it's 90 AU away, time to do some laundry

After I finally managed to blow myself up back to 1DQ I joined a dramaqueen op because I'd had my fill of tidi for the day. Half the systems we ended up flying through were apparently sharing the node with SVM and in 10% tidi. :psypop:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

Lock the FC's primary
Lock finishes 3-6 minutes later as primary explodes
Repeat 3-4x until you actually lock a target that hasn't already lost 90% hull
Press F1
Five minutes later, check outstanding commands window to make sure you didn't hit F1 twice, see nothing but calls for pilot bounty info
Target evaporates before your guns cycle
Notice you're missing some shield, but you don't see yellow boxes anywhere so you don't broadcast for reps, probably just a smartbomb
A few minutes later your shield evaporates and you're into half armor, red boxes galore (never saw yellow boxes)
Click your ADC, broadcast for reps, and cross your fingers (Logi's reps won't cycle down and are stuck red)
ADC never cycled, you're now in your pod, time to self destruct and re-ship
20 minutes later, your 2-minute self destruct timer finishes but you see a message about self-destruct being canceled due to "external factors" and you've not exploded
Try to warp to a friendly structure with a clone bay so you can dock and suicide there - oops, it's 90 AU away, time to do some laundry

After I finally managed to blow myself up back to 1DQ I joined a dramaqueen op because I'd had my fill of tidi for the day. Half the systems we ended up flying through were apparently sharing the node with SVM and in 10% tidi. :psypop:

fixed the logi part for you. I pretty much only fly logi during fights and its disheartening the amount of times i lock up someone just in time to see them blow up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

Time to move to poitot

pwahtoh

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dalael posted:

My thoughts are they're dropping them in a "inflict damage to the goons" strategy. If it lives, great, but the main objective is to do as much damage as possible. If they were trying to get one online, you'd see several go up at once, I feel.

I mean blowing it up cost you guys around 750b, so...

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So. Pocket change?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Solus posted:

So. Pocket change?

To both sides, yeah.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

iospace posted:

I mean blowing it up cost you guys around 750b, so...

Closer to 1T at this point :v:

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Wibla posted:

Hail Satan

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wibla posted:

How many supers?

Actually don't answer, it won't be enough.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

How many supers?

Actually don't answer, it won't be enough.

https://br.evetools.org/br/5f7b3990f2b14c001b20b11d

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yup, not enough dead supers.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
How do these giant structures get dropped? Out of Rorqs or something?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SavageBastard posted:

How do these giant structures get dropped? Out of Rorqs or something?

Freighters. I'm sure a rorq will work as well.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
The beginning of the end.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Freighters. I'm sure a rorq will work as well.

I believe a keepstar is 800,000 m3 so as far as I know only a freighter can carry one.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

DGC773 posted:

drat, PAPI is giving up already? Sucks to suck.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

DGC773 posted:

Is this the fourth or the fifth beginning of the end?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Space Butler posted:

Is this the fourth or the fifth beginning of the end?

The End. Chapter 1, page 1.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

its fitting that a coalition consisting largely of incels is struggling with deathgrips

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

DGC773 posted:

So what happens after you glass all of Delve?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Claptain posted:

pwahtoh calls

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

The Claptain posted:

Who knows? Maybe TEST will live in Delve. Maybe Panfam will.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

pwahtoh calls

When doesn't it call?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Time to bend the knee to our botting overlords in FRAT, welcome to Serenity 2.0

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Nosthula posted:

I believe a keepstar is 800,000 m3 so as far as I know only a freighter can carry one.

That's wild. So offensive logistics are in full effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

The End. Chapter 1, page 1.

Sorry I don't have time to read your 5986309 page book that will end in "and they finally gave up on trying to online a keepstar in FWST"