Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lmao this show, just got around to the finale

It’s so dumb, I think I had fun??? Hard to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Has any attempt to get rid of something ever escalated more quickly than “we’ll throw it down a hole” to “we’ll get in the only spaceship with it and crash into the core of the planet”

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Mother and Father were cool and I sure was interested in the backstory but the actual plot to this show was real bad. The ten minutes we spent in episode two watching Mary and Marcus run through the ruins of Boston and change their faces was the most compelling part of the series. Everything else was nonsense.

I said earlier in the thread that RBW is the thematic sequel to BSG, and just like BSG it dropped bonkers answers to vague questions and nosedived in quality in the back half. Hooray.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
“What if Westworld were a prequel both to alien and to the bad parts of the battle star galactica reboot”

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
I for one am enthusiastic about future space snake related narratives currently being dreamed up by ridley and co.

I mean, its brilliant. These guys just cornered the loving market on space snake related plotlines. I can't even think of another space snake who slithers half as good as this bad boy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yes, we all know that shooting the only doctor, who is also the only adult, is one of the expert survivalist moves and that societies which take care to kill off all adults and all doctors are the ones that thrive.

He's the best survivalist in the Unabomber sense, not the Jim Bridger or Nando Parrado sense.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Sheriff Falc posted:

I for one am enthusiastic about future space snake related narratives currently being dreamed up by ridley and co.

I mean, its brilliant. These guys just cornered the loving market on space snake related plotlines. I can't even think of another space snake who slithers half as good as this bad boy.

Have you even heard of the Stargate franchise?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Capntastic posted:

Have you even heard of the Stargate franchise?

those are only tiny space snakes that hide inside

this is a big fuckoff massive space snake that will eat you

stupid Goa'uld betas

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sheriff Falc posted:

I'm starting to believe that Scott had nothing to do with the snake parts. Someone came to with him with the idea of making a show about huge flying space snakes, lampreys and eels and he tacked on androids, child actors, space travel and all the religious symbolism.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

General Battuta posted:

Has any attempt to get rid of something ever escalated more quickly than “we’ll throw it down a hole” to “we’ll get in the only spaceship with it and crash into the core of the planet”

well they saw it could fly, they only had guns (and if it was part-necromancer, they already showed Mother's imperviousness to bullets on the ark), driving down as deep a hole as possible sounds reasonable.

I guess they theoretically could have flown the lander to the exosphere and ejected it but where's the space snek storyline in that

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Mother didn't have the ability to colossus without her eyes for some reason. Ragnar put an axe through her twice. Seems like the eyes either have magic or is just a key.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OK, swinging in to find out if finishing this show up would be worth my time. I think I stopped around the fourth episode. Right when the kids had run away and Mom and Dad split up to find them. Did the show ever get going?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The show is great and you should finish it. It won't answer everything though. And it is very much sci-fi fantasy. Enjoy the ride.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

OK, swinging in to find out if finishing this show up would be worth my time. I think I stopped around the fourth episode. Right when the kids had run away and Mom and Dad split up to find them. Did the show ever get going?

Yes, watch it. It managed to slither into a pretty awesome finale. The show runner is definitely not a snake oil salesman.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Solice Kirsk posted:

You should watch just to see Father read a dude's power level like a DBZ character after the guy transforms into Super Rapist Form 2.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pros of finishing the show: Father and his dad jokes are utterly wholesome, and--as much as I might've bitched about the plot--the special effects and cinematography are really good.

Cons of finishing the show: six more hours of lovely kids, :ohholkyfuck:-style writing that wasn't good even when it was novel,* and a muddled ending that doesn't do poo poo for the narrative except string it along for the hope of a second season.

*Definitely the worst part of the otherwise incredible new Watchmen, while I'm on the subject

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Shaocaholica posted:

Mother didn't have the ability to colossus without her eyes for some reason. Ragnar put an axe through her twice. Seems like the eyes either have magic or is just a key.

Please don't attempt to understand

They have the DARK PHOTONS activaters which is why his face gets all weird when he eats one ???

I'm sure it's all metaphor anyways because RS loves that poo poo. My favorite part was when Mother turns to the camera and explains to the audience how she got pregnant

It's very extremely Prometheus: The TV Show and it's ok.

Victis fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 5, 2020

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Also it seems mother can still hurt people pretty good without her eyes just with android strength and kung fu. Not sure of father can also do this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Eason the Fifth posted:

Pros of finishing the show: Father and his dad jokes are utterly wholesome, and--as much as I might've bitched about the plot--the special effects and cinematography are really good.

Cons of finishing the show: six more hours of lovely kids, :ohholkyfuck:-style writing that wasn't good even when it was novel,* and a muddled ending that doesn't do poo poo for the narrative except string it along for the hope of a second season.

*Definitely the worst part of the otherwise incredible new Watchmen, while I'm on the subject

The show was really bad with everything from unlikable characters to the plot running out of steam a few episodes.

Also the whole cliche of having kid characters that are really annoying and try to do suicide episode with their bad decision making.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Solice Kirsk posted:

OK, swinging in to find out if finishing this show up would be worth my time....

Nope, definitely not. Take what remains of your sanity and leave this place. There is no honor here. Continue living on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and do not voyage far.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i wish i had stopped after episode 1

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Someone please change the thread title to Raised by Eels/lampreys

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's terrible, but insane. I mean it's absolutely crammed with :wtf: Mother needs blood so she plugs herself into a rapist wearing a Dark Souls NPC helmet but the rapist somehow reverses the flow and sucks out mother's milk which gives him super strength and a passing spaceship scans him and says "That's weird that guy has unusually high power levels" but then someone steals the android head from his backpack and throws it off a cliff so his head implodes!!!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

That's like one scene!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

General Battuta posted:

It's terrible, but insane. I mean it's absolutely crammed with :wtf: Mother needs blood so she plugs herself into a rapist wearing a Dark Souls NPC helmet but the rapist somehow reverses the flow and sucks out mother's milk which gives him super strength and a passing spaceship scans him and says "That's weird that guy has unusually high power levels" but then someone steals the android head from his backpack and throws it off a cliff so his head implodes!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HPjJCVylFBo

etalian fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 5, 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

scary ghost dog posted:

i wish i had stopped after episode 1

See you next season.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The existence of robot milk informs the existence of robot ice cream

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I loved this dumb show and want more. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking it was both awful and excellent.

I was fully entertained throughout. That's something rare, for me.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1313207339718041602

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The mistake was trying to raise human babies instead of flying snake babies on a hostile planet.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

ex post facho posted:

I guess they theoretically could have flown the lander to the exosphere and ejected it but where's the space snek storyline in that

space

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The only place not corrupted by children... SPACE

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ah yes, the two well known weak spots of a flying machine snake: great heights and vacuum

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
What if this show is in the Wall-E universe? And the Wall-E ship is just one of the factions.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

angerbeet posted:

The existence of robot milk informs the existence of robot ice cream

No wonder they were warned to stay away from the tropical zone.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shaocaholica posted:

What if this show is in the Lego universe? And the Duplo ship is just one of the factions.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well hopefully snake baby ends up being a less lovely son than Campion.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

show us ur Quetzalcoatl

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe the show is just a origin story for the Xcom snake monsters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

See you next season.

see you then lol