Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

a mysterious cloak posted:

Kind of irritating - I guess I have to grind forever to do these warzone missions. I don't have any heroes at 50 yet, I think Thor is my highest (approaching 30), and the whole team just gets rolled every time, and Abomination is still at like 1/3 health.

It's power level that matters for that, not character level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
But character level helps. Having those masteries and specialties unlocked really makes things easier.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Absolutely get the mastery that gives you heroic orbs on takedown and never stop using special moves

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I’m not sure if it’s just lucky timing or a server fix but I’ve been getting full 4 person games instantly all night after not playing for a while. Stuff to do or no that’s a good time

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The Abomination boss-fights are the worst thing in the game imo, just a bunch of miserable gamma-gas bullshit. No I'm not mad :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The Abomination boss-fights are the worst thing in the game imo, just a bunch of miserable gamma-gas bullshit. No I'm not mad :colbert:
:agreed:

The repeated stomps that you can't really dodge (it was fine whn you're Hulk and can largely jump over the shockwaves, but as Cap or Widow it's a non-starter unless I'm missing something) is another pain in the rear.

I've got half the roster to level 50, and I'm most of the way done on those those three's (Cap, Ms. Marvel & Iron Man) challenge cards, too. Luckily I got the Guardian costume (the more saturated classic costume you get from patterns) for Cap early on, so I got to skip over Mall Cop Cap (Mall Cap?) pretty early.

I was kind of surprised to see it the vendor's store, though. I thought there were some you got from patterns and some from the vendor, and never the twain shall meet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yvonmukluk posted:

:agreed:

The repeated stomps that you can't really dodge (it was fine whn you're Hulk and can largely jump over the shockwaves, but as Cap or Widow it's a non-starter unless I'm missing something) is another pain in the rear.

You can actually dodge them, just gotta use your iframes right as the invisible shockwave hits you. Simple. Basically wait a second before dodging and you should be good.

Abomination is still bullshit though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I wish anyone played this, or the match making worked at all

I really enjoy the combat loop in this game, it's become my goto "I'm bored what can I do to kill time" game

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Moola posted:

I really enjoy the combat loop in this game, it's become my goto "I'm bored what can I do to kill time" game

Agreed. Tried to play and listen to a podcast yesterday but it was a no-go. There will be more people playing whenever they release new characters/content and I hope the matchmaking is fixed by then, it's stupid as heck that it's still broken a month after release.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Moola posted:

the loop is good! it's just that every time an encounter ends I zoom out from button mashing and realize it's exactly the same as every other encounter.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
When a new character gets added though, won't the majority be trying to play as them?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

When a new character gets added though, won't the majority be trying to play as them?

They should just allow duplicates in multiplayer because honestly who gives a poo poo. Let me do 4 hulks dammit

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
In one match I somehow got 5 bots with me

Including two Thors and two Ms Marvels lol

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

In one match I somehow got 5 bots with me

Including two Thors and two Ms Marvels lol

I had a match drop with a "migrating host" message yesterday and ended up with three widows, two kamalas, and two caps.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Clealry Skrulls in disguise

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I'm not sure how people are still having trouble finding games. It's 10:15pm pst on a monday and I'm still getting full games in less than a minute at power level 145

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Good Citizen posted:

I'm not sure how people are still having trouble finding games. It's 10:15pm pst on a monday and I'm still getting full games in less than a minute at power level 145

Ps4 / Xbox/ steam ???

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

PlushCow posted:

Ps4 / Xbox/ steam ???

PS4

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
must be nice, I leave matchmaking on and go make a cup of tea and nobody is there. Steam

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

It would make sense that by now the people still playing would be high level. It got much easier as I got up there, I just don’t want to do the same missions over and over

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Moola posted:

must be nice, I leave matchmaking on and go make a cup of tea and nobody is there. Steam
Seems like the game has been largely abandoned on PC. It's not even in the Steam top 100 anymore. Steamcharts shows the current 24 hour peak as 2,400 players. Ouch.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I got everyone but Kamala to 50 before that first big patch, but I have not gone back since. In fact, this game just made me go back to Destiny 2 after not touching it since May or around there.

And now with Genshin Impact out and me loving that, I'm just dividing my time between daily stuff in D2 and GI. I only logged in Avengers to get that apology gift, which it bugged out and didn't give me.

So I think I'm done with Avengers until it gets a big content update, and I really hope it's not more loving robots and labs.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I still like the game as a late night who gives a gently caress kinda thing. They have to recognize by now that the gaas thing is probably not going to work out without a major rework. I say gently caress that, too much work, just make it weird now. Unlock the multiplayer character restrictions. Boost item find. Add weird exotic effects that make skills shoot out a hundred spinning electric blue orbs or have caps shield throw actually throw 4 shields at once or something. Make it so Hulk can proc a buff that make him 6x his normal size. Who gives a gently caress :regd08:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
They could also try maybe adding some missions that are cool and good

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Moola posted:

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Seems like the game has been largely abandoned on PC. It's not even in the Steam top 100 anymore. Steamcharts shows the current 24 hour peak as 2,400 players. Ouch.
Yeah Steam matchmaking has been broken since release, no surprise a lot less are playing it now. I’ve had only a handful of full matches, weeks ago. They really should’ve held off its pc release, broken matchmaking and bugs galore.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Good Citizen posted:

I still like the game as a late night who gives a gently caress kinda thing. They have to recognize by now that the gaas thing is probably not going to work out without a major rework. I say gently caress that, too much work, just make it weird now. Unlock the multiplayer character restrictions. Boost item find. Add weird exotic effects that make skills shoot out a hundred spinning electric blue orbs or have caps shield throw actually throw 4 shields at once or something. Make it so Hulk can proc a buff that make him 6x his normal size. Who gives a gently caress :regd08:

So turn it into a third person action Marvel Heroes?

I could get on board with that.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
RIP forever, Marble Herons.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Ugh, I'm still mad they canceled Marvel Heroes.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I figured out a way to enjoy the game more.

Play Spider Man instead. I'd never played it, but my son got it with the PS4 and said it was awesome. He wasn't lying.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
this game desperately needs to be more like Marble Heroes and it's really sad that they went so far the other direction and just went "MAKE GAME PRETTY" instead of "MAKE GAME FUN"

I do quite enjoy the game, but I've been on the road working for 2 weeks and realized I haven't even thought about the game the entire time. I exclusively play it when I'm sitting at home, bored, and stoned. There's no real draw other than "It's better than doing nothing"

marble hebrons had me so hooked that I played every single character to max level obsessively and even Cosmic'd a character. Nothing in this game has anywhere near that kind of replayability to it

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I kinda lost my will to do anything else after the campaign, the loot is honestly all completely boring trash so the loop isn't very rewarding but I did enjoy the campaign immensely and would love more story content.

Kamala was a surprise for me, I was expecting some really cringe meta humor but she had a lot of heart.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the end game of getting loot with the perfect stats is just so loving tedious

Edit:. With GoT getting it's big update soon, my avengers time is gonna vanish.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The loot is the biggest letdown. Even with boosts it’s so disposable as you’re leveling there’s no reason to even care what you got because it’ll be trashed in 10 minutes everywhere. It’s the opposite of Division 1’s endgame where loot upgrades were few and far between.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The loot is the biggest letdown. Even with boosts it’s so disposable as you’re leveling there’s no reason to even care what you got because it’ll be trashed in 10 minutes everywhere. It’s the opposite of Division 1’s endgame where loot upgrades were few and far between.

At endgame it's the exact opposite. I haven't changed out my Hulk gear in my last few game sessions. And my gear isn't GREAT. I know what changes I'd make if I could find the right combos of stats/effects but I also realize that even getting the perfect mix probably wouldn't change how strong my character feels or how it plays very much.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Good Citizen posted:

At endgame it's the exact opposite. I haven't changed out my Hulk gear in my last few game sessions. And my gear isn't GREAT. I know what changes I'd make if I could find the right combos of stats/effects but I also realize that even getting the perfect mix probably wouldn't change how strong my character feels or how it plays very much.

My problem is I haven’t even hit endgame gear yet because the treadmill has turned into :effort: for me since the gear is so generic. There’s also a weird levelling pacing thing going on- with stuff like Destiny or the Division you’re max level when you finish campaign, with this you’re like level 15, so the whole definition of endgame is fucky. There’s no campaign to keep you interested while you get to the endgame proper, and the gear situation is hosed there too, so I don’t really have anything that feels like a pressing goal. It makes for a super directionless experience.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Outside of reaching the few top power level missions there seems to be no benefit to upgrading your gear when enemies will just immediately rescale to you mid-mission and the slog never lessens

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The only reason to max out heroes right now is to do the Mega Hive, but that has some mediocre rewards too. They should try and fix exotics soon. Half the fun of these games is chasing these unique and broken weapons/armor.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Half the fun of these games is chasing these unique and broken weapons/armor.

the rest of the fun is seeing what these unique and broken weapons look like on your character while playing

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
My favourite gear effects are stuff like "6.3% chance to boost your damage when you crit a ranged attack on an enemy in the air"

Like the smallest chance for an effect to happen, and when it does it's barely noticeable lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

and then you still end up worrying "this new one has higher stats but only a 5.2% chance to boost your damage when you crit a ranged attack on an enemy in the air, I'll keep both for now :ohdear:"