Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ahahahahah

https://twitter.com/HikmetHajiyev/status/1312849542111539201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

did they seriously cram an old missile tube into a pothole

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I love farcical attempts at propaganda like this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

well if you zoom in on the tailpipe and enhance the fins I think you'll that according to the wikipedia page, that's clearly an Armenian missile, with an angle that can be geolocated back to a launch site in Armenia

:goonsay:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
its what Armenian twitter is claiming but missiles jamming into the ground like that isn't super rare. On the other hand it's the Azeri government who lie even when the truth sounds better so who knows.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

its what Armenian twitter is claiming but missiles jamming into the ground like that isn't super rare. On the other hand it's the Azeri government who lie even when the truth sounds better so who knows.

the thing is that you can't see any cracks in the asphalt around the impact so it somehow drilled a perfect hole

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Plutonis posted:

the thing is that you can't see any cracks in the asphalt around the impact so it somehow drilled a perfect hole

also there’s no dirt or:pieces of asphalt around

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Plutonis posted:

Who gave those assholes teh smart missiles

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Not only that, but:

1) you wouldn't use a Smerch to target a packed-earth dam/reservoir (like the one at Mingachevir), its not going to do anything substantial
2) the tail of the rocket separates from the warhead/explosives part of the rocket, and doesn't land in the same place it was targeted
3) its literally being held up by a piece of wood because they made the hole too wide and not deep enough lmfao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Armenian forces are so desperate they are using bronze age weaponry, and did a war crime and shot this young child with an arrow killing him instantly. It is time to enforce peace on #Armenia!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Derek Davisons probably had the best podcast on the region I've seen so far. Dolans is, unfortunately, one of his very few episodes with Bad Takes

Just listened to the RWN Nagorno-Karabakh ep, what was Dolan's Bad Take?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Just listened to the RWN Nagorno-Karabakh ep, what was Dolan's Bad Take?
It's a 99% great episode that contains a single offhanded comment that sort of spoils it to the effect of "all Armenian perpetuated massacres are Azeri lies". They were talking about some idiocy the Azeri's claimed like the Armenians genocided 3 million people or something, but they painted with too large a brush regarding it. And conflated the population of Karabakh the oblast and Karabakh the historical region which is the main way #ArtsakhStrong types lay claim to the whole region.

Re: the missile being held up by woodhttps://media.am/en/verified/2020/1...yPqreJzv35oiHZA
Site obviously leans a bit towards the Armenian side to say the least, but one of the slightly less propagandistic outlets bothering to cover things. Which isn't saying much but there you go.

e: https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1313191474205470720
Well done once again America. Very cool.

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Oct 5, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

It's a 99% great episode that contains a single offhanded comment that sort of spoils it to the effect of "all Armenian perpetuated massacres are Azeri lies". They were talking about some idiocy the Azeri's claimed like the Armenians genocided 3 million people or something, but they painted with too large a brush regarding it. And conflated the population of Karabakh the oblast and Karabakh the historical region which is the main way #ArtsakhStrong types lay claim to the whole region.

The only glaring bad take on the Armenian side is westerns who are repeating myths that all of historic Armenia was homogeneously Armenian.

According to Russian empire census it was only ever something like 55% Armenian. This type of stuff only backfires

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im excited for the full ww1 cascading alliances where russia invades azerbaijan, triggering a full invasion of armenia by turkey, triggering the greeks to invade turkey, somehow roping in Iran, and then a dying trump from his hospital bed nukes both sides for some reason

You forgot Pakistan attacks India which ropes in China

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Vasukhani posted:

The only glaring bad take on the Armenian side is westerns who are repeating myths that all of historic Armenia was homogeneously Armenian.

According to Russian empire census it was only ever something like 55% Armenian. This type of stuff only backfires

Incredibly, I see neither Armenians nor Azeris in this pic. Seems like the whole place needs to clear out.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Vasukhani posted:

Shushi carries alot of cultural weight as being the most independent center of Azeri power prior to the formation of the Azeri state and was probably what murdered the peace process in the early 2000s (besides Aliyev generally being a loving ogre who views the Artsakh issue as a way to drum up nationalist frenzy to keep himself in power).

And will probably murder any future peace process because it's one of the few cities Artsakh has tried to actually resettle in any serious way (somewhat hampered by the fact that their population is too small to colonize the seized territories), and Artsakh made their capturing and burning LIBERATING of the city one of its main national holidays.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Imagine if there are Islamist Uyghur East Turkestan jihadists who fought in Syria now shipping out to Azerbaijan. Truly becoming a Kojima forever war post-ideological mercenary character

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1313241452579819522?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1313109184343273480?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1313250767017451521?s=19
https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1313255617390288897?s=19

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
This isn't the Central Asian thread Jose. This is the Azerbaijan-Armenia War thread.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i was phone posting and you can't make new threads on the app as far as i'm aware

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
you can use the little pencil at the top of the forum

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah that's Kyrgyzstan, use the middle east thread obviously

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i did start a post-Soviet thread a few months ago. technically covers central asia
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936825

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Bump that thread now that Borat 2 is almost out

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Maximo Roboto posted:

It looks bad tbh

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

thats cheerful news

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

That big fan of the EU erdogan

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Maximo Roboto posted:

its actually been delayed until october 2021

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

its actually been delayed until october 2021

ah guess they think they can take on Dune

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Thank god! Had some problem with beasts stealing my chickens but this kindly fox has offered to guard them for free!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Maximo Roboto posted:

ah guess they think they can take on Dune

I was kidding lol I have no idea when it's out

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

This is just what these boosters do when they land

^ from Stepanakert

It's pretty clear that both sides are targeting civilians

https://twitter.com/CeyhunAsirov/status/1313420364781965313

wisconsingreg has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Oct 6, 2020

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

genuinely glad that I don't have to live through "hide in an interior room and hope that your house isn't in the blast radius"

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

wisconsingreg has issued a correction as of 20:31 on Mar 2, 2021

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vasukhani posted:

also lmao if you support Artsakh but not giving Crimea to Russia

is that why Ukrainian volunteers are coming to Azerbaijan

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Vasukhani posted:

also lmao if you support Artsakh but not giving Crimea to Russia

if azerbaijan wins turkey should be given crimea

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I support Armenia because they're more familiar, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

if azerbaijan wins turkey should be given crimea

Give it to someone more in need, like Western Samoa.