Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1312850136742064128

the Wayne Gretzky of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stat corrected: 299 yards

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the bengals are the first team this season to achieve every outcome to a game. congrats bengals.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
To celebrate post your favorite Bengal mine is Dave Holding

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

more like Dave Encroachment. hehehe

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Mine’s Dave, Draw Play

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

chamois posted:

the bengals are the first team this season to achieve every outcome to a game. congrats bengals.

nope still waiting for Postponed Indefinitely Due To COVID-19

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My favorite Bengal is Rudi Johnson

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is Lamar good again

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If AJ can't look like AJ against the ravens he's probably done.

Like taking a struggling old dog to McDonald's to have a hamburger patty and see whether he perks up or whether It's Time.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Odovaucer posted:

i almost want to unmute kawalimus to see this week's jk dobbins histrionics, but y'all are just gonna quote him anyway so what's the point

Dude...

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Time posted:

These are the moments i remember tu eres my amigo hermano lolol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

indigi posted:

is Lamar good again

no its sam koch now

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1312865843269730307

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

indigi posted:

is Lamar good again

He’s no Baker

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

indigi posted:

is Lamar good again

He is good but has still regressed from last year. Last year he was a top QB this year he's like middle of the road. He is struggling badly on deep throws. It's like Flacco 2 in that regard.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ranking the ravens qbs
1. Ray Rice
2. Sam Koch
3. Joeseph Vincent Flacco
4. Steve Mcnair(actually won a playoff game)
5. Trent Dilfer
6. Anthony Wright
7. Tony Banks
8. lamar jackson

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The AFC North is the greatest division in Football today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gatts posted:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Gatts posted:

evergreen post

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

ranking the ravens qbs
1. Ray Rice
2. Sam Koch
3. Joeseph Vincent Flacco
4. Steve Mcnair(actually won a playoff game)
5. Trent Dilfer
6. Anthony Wright
7. Tony Banks
8. lamar jackson

At least Anthony Wright could win games when behind

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1313126038436818954

go the berngals

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The bengals have scored 99 points and allowed 99 points.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

One thing I love about Burrow is so many times already a defender is closing in and I think the play is going to get blown up and at the last second he just flicks it out for a nice gain.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My regular Browns instincts are kicking in and I’m wondering what the Browns are going to do in the Draft as would be normal this time of year when we give up hope this time in the season

Like OL? DFense fo shur

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Finally saw CONW today. I was a little worried as this was the longest it's taken me to find a CONW in quite a while, and was kind of worried I would miss it for the fall. But nope. What a relief!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Finally saw CONW today. I was a little worried as this was the longest it's taken me to find a CONW in quite a while, and was kind of worried I would miss it for the fall. But nope. What a relief!

Did you know that the ancient Romans considered sighting wild birds to be an indisputable omen of the future? In particular they believed that seeing that bird was an omen that the Cincinnati Bengals would beat the Baltimore Ravens the following weekend.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Did you know that the ancient Romans considered sighting wild birds to be an indisputable omen of the future? In particular they believed that seeing that bird was an omen that the Cincinnati Bengals would beat the Baltimore Ravens the following weekend.

I don't look at the Ravens as a playoff team right now so it wouldn't surprise me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am here to back up my friend. If anyone thinks a team can get into the playoffs at 3-1 or 4-0 they are a fool. that's only 50% of this season

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i am here to back up my friend. If anyone thinks a team can get into the playoffs at 3-1 or 4-0 they are a fool. that's only 50% of this season

3-1 doesn't mean much with the harder teams on the schedule still to come and getting embarrassed by the best one you've had so far. The win over Cleveland is our most impressive to date. And that was a week 1 situation.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i would be surprised if the ravens lost to the bengals on sunday

chamois fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 5, 2020

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Gaudeo autem Bengals amisit.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

chamois posted:

i would be surprised if the ravens lost to the bengals on sunday

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1313235721717788675

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This is what will happen when you are built around getting pressure but can barely get any.

Also Lamar Jackson and the receivers have got to start completing more deep passes. I think we've only had the one completion all year which was to Hollywood in week 1 against the Browns. That was a pretty pass. But since then I don't think we've had a single downfield completion. This is not going to be good if we start facing more teams that are good at moving the ball downfield and didn't stupidly trade away their best receiver in the offseason. I don't care whose fault it is whether it's Lamar's or the receivers' but it needs to be fixed. Or we will not make it far.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

are you under the delusion that downfield only means like 50 yards cause lamar has had a downfield td in like every game except the chiefs one lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If you’re not hucking TDs from your own 15 are you really elite?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Landry: a better QB than Lamar???

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

infact hes had like four or five downfield plays in every game. if they hadnt paywalled the play index on pfr id be able to tell you hes like one of the best in the league at it but the world conspires against me to allow your wildly stupid conjecture to thrive

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oberst posted:

Gaudeo autem Bengals amisit.

Non dolet, Oberste.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/53284/life-in-bulls-eye-lamar-jackson-not-satisfied-with-offense-yet

Lamar thinks like I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

This is what will happen when you are built around getting pressure but can barely get any.

the defense is not "built around getting pressure", it's actually the opposite — they seem to subscribe to the valid idea that good coverage generates pressures because QBs have to hold onto the ball. the pass rush sucks and so they blitz like crazy but that's a separate thing.

anyway I'm sorry for talking football in the AFCN thread I'm taking a 5 day self-imposed ban