Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1313171867583352836

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

Is partey good?

hes nearly as promising as torreira

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I meant in the sense Atalanta is a fun as hell team to watch and I want to see Atalanta compete this year

oh i know, but consider they spent 22m euros on papu gomez, zapata, and illicic

them losing a kid who's played 25 minutes and getting 30m for it will benefit them 100x more than united

e: also they're top of the table :cool:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

West Ham terminated Wilshere's contract. He's still somehow only 28.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sergio Romero's wife is pissed off.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Arsenal could use a midfielder...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Sergio Romero's wife is pissed off.

She fit?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cavani is bolded, not sure why it took all goddamn day to sign a free agent.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Ed haggling over the fee

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

Ed Woodward trying to negotiate the asking price of zero.

Efb.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Bundy posted:

Ed haggling over the fee

Weren't they going to pay his agent 10M?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1313233771659964417?s=19

The oracle says it's done

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
West Ham are unbelievable. Literally the only signing we made was recommended by the last guy we signed in January. This might now be the thinnest squad in the league

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Thomas Partey to Arsenal is a done deal

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

T Bowl posted:

Matteo Guendouzi joins Hertha Berlin on loan

What happened to him? He was usually good when I saw him play and then he disappeared.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I’ll always love Tommy “second choice midfield target” Partey and am excited for his career with the London Gunners.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Mods

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1313240164144156694

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

West Ham are unbelievable. Literally the only signing we made was recommended by the last guy we signed in January. This might now be the thinnest squad in the league

We've also gotten rid of two central midfielders and two wingers without replacement! Which now leaves us able to overspend on some dross from the Championship when we realise that playing 3 at the back is not sustainable when you've only got 3 senior center backs

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Poor cooking fat

e:

@Der Shovel:

This was not a bad window. Will you please give the doomposting a rest and understand what fatigue and lack of preseason clearly does to clubs not exclusively ours, please

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

:amen:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

J Hume posted:

What happened to him? He was usually good when I saw him play and then he disappeared.

Questionable attitude and was a oval office about pay to Burnley players I believe right after the league restarted last season.

Basically he has some talent, but the personality sucks and Arteta said no thanks goodbye.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1313200782397841409

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

We've also gotten rid of two central midfielders and two wingers without replacement! Which now leaves us able to overspend on some dross from the Championship when we realise that playing 3 at the back is not sustainable when you've only got 3 senior center backs

Rice and Creswell can both play CB (the latter looking notably more comfortable there than FB nowadays), Alese looked not-bad in the cup game (well at least no less noticeably poo poo than Balbuena but that's not a hard bar to get over), and we're still in on at least two loans for CB (domestic loans can be completed in the next two weeks).

And we replaced Wilshere and Anderson with something easily capable of replicating everything they've offered the team this calendar year - literally nothing at all. Losing Grady still stings, and we definitely need a CM to cover Rice/Soucek that is less than 107 years old, but it's not as catastrophic a window as some people have claiming.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

it's not as catastrophic a window as some people have claiming.

That's probably true tbh, we're no worse off than we were and Coufal at least seems like a good signing. We're still crying out for another combative central midfielder and a more reliable center back, something we've been missing for years and still hasn't really been addressed, but Balbuena has been back to his best in the last couple of games and maybe Noble or Snodgrass still have something to offer in midfield

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
What's the story with this Carlos Vinicius fellow?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Telles is wank and Cavani is barely ambulatory. another huge fail by Manchester United. Can't wait to do the double on them

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bundy posted:

@Der Shovel:

This was not a bad window. Will you please give the doomposting a rest and understand what fatigue and lack of preseason clearly does to clubs not exclusively ours, please

This 42069%. We all agree Woodward sucks and United actually hilariously went -1 in the CB department during the window when it was clearly the spot they needed to strengthen the most, but the Illuminati lizard people poo poo are running United's transfers shtick is exhausting.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The sancho saga was obviously a farce, but all over this is a fairly decent window compared to most recent years. Would have been nice to find a club for Romero though, since he seems very upset about not getting to leave.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

T Bowl posted:

Questionable attitude and was a oval office about pay to Burnley players I believe right after the league restarted last season.

Basically he has some talent, but the personality sucks and Arteta said no thanks goodbye.

I think his natural headless chicken game didn't fit the system. During warm weather training last season he had a big bust up with Arteta and some other staff. They got past that but then in the Brighton match after the restart, after Maupay shithoused Leno into a serious injury Guendouzi decided rather than immediately go for retribution like a normal person he would wait until the final whistle then start 'a fight' with them, having already taunted Maupay that he makes more than him - which apparently he doesnt :allears:

The kid is a talent but he needs to check his attitude if he is going to be as good as he thinks he is.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

With some caveats I agree that now the transfer window is pretty good, and downright amazing compared to some of the poo poo we've seen in the past. United got cover for the AM position, a seemingly capable LB and a whopping two right wingers (even if one of them is arriving in January, but that's not so far away from now). I have Thoughts about Cavani, but hey, hopefully he can do the job.

I am potentially very excited about United finally signing very promising young players before they make their breakthrough and start costing 120m. Here's hoping it works out and they start doing this more often.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

I am potentially very excited about United finally signing very promising young players before they make their breakthrough and start costing 120m. Here's hoping it works out and they start doing this more often.

Have you not seen what Nicky Butt has been doing the past few years? He's been making GBS threads out a huge amount of money to buy top talent around the world for the academy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheRat posted:

Have you not seen what Nicky Butt has been doing the past few years? He's been making GBS threads out a huge amount of money to buy top talent around the world for the academy.

I honestly have not. That's awesome to hear, but it's also awesome if United managed to buy a really good winger like one season before they make their breakthrough and the price jumps 3-4x. That's very exciting, because it's been the hot topic in recent years; United USED to be pretty good at this, but since Gill and Fergie left, they very much haven't been.

Honestly, and it might seem silly to some, the best and most encouraging thing in this transfer window IMO was United finally just spending the money they had earmarked for Sancho. Fixating on one target has been a real problem for Woodward & co, so being able to say "OK gently caress it, it's not happening, let's move on" is a great sign even if it happened comically late considering Dortmund's stance. I really hope it pays off and teaches them to start doing this more in the future.

Yes, it was the last day of the transfer window, but IMO it was still one of the most positive things Woodward has done.

E:

This is less than good though :-/

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 6, 2020

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

By all accounts, Butt is doing very well with the academy.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
*barry bennel bursts in* what's this about a good butt in the academy???

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Phwoar

https://twitter.com/insightMrkt/status/1313219187616219141?s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Those stats are particularly advanced, imo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Before we big up Ed & co too much.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1313373675685634048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU