Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The infamous "Black Lady Stocker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Potent Mayo Pete energy here

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

If you do not allow Joe Biden to break into your home and steal everything of value and leave you for dead, we will assume you are breaking into homes for Trump.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QHHGHve_N0

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
In a goldmember voice: they took my gooold

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Can I get my No Joe tag reapplied or do I have to just suck it up and purchase it?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1313293161310060544

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yeah idk what dr rockso did to biden, but the good doctor is owed a public apology

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
haha we're hosed https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...y/#663a9df3342a

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

That was beyond the pale, sir.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

you guys will come around to Joe eventually, I think

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

smoobles posted:

Actually you'll come around to NoJoe, because you just toxxed. Welcome to the cause

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm in a deep red state so I'll hop on this train, is it still cool to write in Harambe

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

smoobles posted:

I'm in a deep red state so I'll hop on this train, is it still cool to write in Harambe

Every possible alternative to Joe is welcome

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

smoobles posted:

It's fine, but you'll make a lot more people mad if you vote for or write in an actual third party candidate; which set of people get mad depends on which third party and who loses.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Complications posted:

It's fine, but you'll make a lot more people mad if you vote for or write in an actual third party candidate; which set of people get mad depends on which third party and who loses.

Yeah, I can't stress this enough, nothing will piss off a succdem more than voting for Howie.

They would honestly truly prefer you vote for Trump or stay home before they'd allow you to vote Green.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I don't think smoobles cares about making anyone mad

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

smoobles posted:

I will not.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jewel Repetition posted:

I don't think smoobles cares about making anyone mad

i cannot conceive of this mindset

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Smoobles is a lot like Trump, in that I love saying his name

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1313297983027412994

folks, it gets easier by the day

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's gonna be real cool if and when Joe Biden throws away an election that should be even easier than 2016

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

And meanwhile Bernie is still gonna send me roughly a dozen emails and twice as many texts this week asking for me to donate to Joe.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Bernie really is the Ted Cruz of the left in terms of simping

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
he has literally nothing to gain from punching left. joe biden is just a republican who doesn't think abortion should be criminalized. Please, I urge you, do not vote for him under any circumstances

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Rand Paul posted:

I will not.

please. i would like this as well

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

he has literally nothing to gain from punching left. joe biden is just a republican who doesn't think abortion should be criminalized*. Please, I urge you, do not vote for him under any circumstances

* anymore, at least. Remember he supported the Hyde amendment until this campaign.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

Is georgia a swing state?

if so, serf is eligible for a golden nojoe

the polls are extremely hosed. georgia is far from a swing state

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DoubleDonut posted:

he has literally nothing to gain from punching left. joe biden is just a republican who doesn't think abortion should be criminalized. Please, I urge you, do not vote for him under any circumstances

Post it in D&D, nobody in this thread is voting for a piece of poo poo rapist regardless of the letter they put in parentheses next to their name.

And yes while he has nothing to gain from punching left, he and his strategists think that a) the left will vote for Joe no matter what because Trump is just that terrible and must be removed from the WH at all costs, and b) there is an untapped block of Republicans who just need to hear how Joe is a sensible guy who hates the left as much as them and they will switch sides. It won't work, it never has worked, and it never will work. But the libs will literally die on this hill and drag all of us along with them until they're toppled out of power.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

You know at least some of the polls are bullshit because Arizona went from +1 Trump in an ABC/Washington Post poll (Sept. 15-20) to Biden +8 (Oct. 1-3). Nate Bronze gives both of these pollsters an A+ yet at least one of them has to be incorrect because there's nothing that can account for such a big swing in such a small time given the partisan hardening we've seen over the past decade and the small % of undecideds left.

Same thing in Florida: Trump +4 to Biden +5. Another 9 point swing.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

The only time it ever worked was in 1992.

Coincidentally a third party candidate won 19% of the popular vote, mostly from the right, in that election. And by the end of that president's term of office, the libs were in full on freakout mode over the possibility of anyone, anywhere, ever voting third party. A fever pitch they've maintained for 20 years as they manned their semicircular firing squad.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm running for president and the main plank of my platform is that D&D posters all have to read Thomas Frank's Listen, Liberal

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

Consequences for what exactly?

I don't think anyone has let him do anything lol which is why having him for another 4 years wouldn't be the worst thing since he'll get shut down for any real dumbassery that he wants to do. Whereas 4 years of Biden could be a huge cluster gently caress with no one checking poo poo.

Yeah, most of the time when Trump tries poo poo a federal judge somewhere rappels out of an air vent or a leaker tells the media.

Joe Biden would quietly declare that anyone in his concentration camps were no longer considered people then ten years later you find out that they were being worked to death in some weird slave labor "Trade Skill Internships" and nobody cared.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm running for president and the main plank of my platform is that D&D posters all have to read Thomas Frank's Listen, Liberal

I like this platform and I will donate my own copy to the needy.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Got my boss and his wife on the NoJoe-ProHowie train :woop: ran into a coworker who has apparently been preparing his “you might as well vote for trump!!!!” speech to yell at me. If I can’t vote I’m convincing everyone I care about to vote green.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
hell no, we wont joe

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

KaptainKrunk posted:

You know at least some of the polls are bullshit because Arizona went from +1 Trump in an ABC/Washington Post poll (Sept. 15-20) to Biden +8 (Oct. 1-3). Nate Bronze gives both of these pollsters an A+ yet at least one of them has to be incorrect because there's nothing that can account for such a big swing in such a small time given the partisan hardening we've seen over the past decade and the small % of undecideds left.

Same thing in Florida: Trump +4 to Biden +5. Another 9 point swing.

Polls are extremely easy to manipulate by choosing how much to oversample the party you want to show momentum for. I would check out the sample party affiliations and if they changed.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pawn 17 posted:

Polls are extremely easy to manipulate by choosing how much to oversample the party you want to show momentum for. I would check out the sample party affiliations and if they changed.

while polsters can do fuckery, oversampling should not "show momentum for" a certain side as the responses should be weighted by other factors (party affiliation, household income, education, zip code, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Corky Romanovsky posted:

while polsters can do fuckery, oversampling should not "show momentum for" a certain side as the responses should be weighted by other factors (party affiliation, household income, education, zip code, etc)

I think it is something completely different stemming from the current circumstances, where a certain segment is much much more likely to take the phone than they otherwise would. Specifically the WFH crowd, which psychographically skews a certain way, even if they are demographically unbiased.

Of course the point is somewhat moot, because the notion of "Likely Voter" based on historical performance relative to the current circumstances is completely bonkers.