Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tulip posted:

Not just drearier but also dreamier. Gog's meltiness, the outlandish angle of Solomon's beard, and most importantly the bizarre curvature of the ground which seems to change panel to panel all really drive home that this isn't just a big meeting room of powerful but mostly recognizable people.

Wasn't that throne/meeting space literally on top of a dude's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

It was on top of the preserved head of a god's corpse, yes.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
It's sort of like Angel Densetsu, a comedy manga about a normal highschool kid who has a terrifying face so everyone assumes he's a gang leader constantly high on drugs. As the story goes on, more people learn he's actually a sweet boy who just gets dragged into shenanigans, and as it goes on, the artstyle changes and he starts looking more and more normal, until at the end he's barely differently drawn from the other characters.

Solomon started out as a creepy, dark-purple man with an impossible beard and a face of inhuman, unmoving smugness. Now he looks like an ordinary muscledude with at least 3 whole emotions that he can wear!

I'm going to be very sad if Jaggers merks him five pages into the next book.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I don't think we're actually going to see most of the fight. Allison and co aren't really in any position to participate and letting Jag get the key of kings would be real bad, so it seems likely to me that they are going to run away.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 4, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FlocksOfMice posted:

Yeah, I hope Abaddon commits to Sol having the power level we've seen: ki rata makes him effectively personally untouchable, but all he cares about is his role as protector of his kingdom and it's absolutely impossible to protect it in the long run from an invulnerable war god.

He should be on a path to losing everything, again, rather than simply getting killed in a fight.

eke out fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 4, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wasn't that throne/meeting space literally on top of a dude's head

Not just that it's curved, but that the curvature in Panel 3 and curvature in Panel 4 don't align well. Which is cool for magical/dreamlike stuff, not as cool for normal physics.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

eke out posted:

Yeah, I hope Abaddon commits to Sol having the power level we've seen: ki rata makes him effectively personally untouchable, but all he cares about is his role as protector of his kingdom and it's absolutely impossible to protect it in the long run from an invulnerable war god.

He should be on a path to losing everything, again, rather than simply getting killed in a fight.

Well he's likely already lost all his sons in the nuclear blast, so he's off to a good start :stonklol:.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He's also put himself in a terrible position in that he's the strategic leader of the empire but the only way they can possibly counter Jagg is if Sol's directly at the front lines engaging him.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
He could always enlist :v:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
beating jags is gonna wind up like that fight in kung pow when they realize the heads of the nails are triangles and impossible to get a grip on.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

You've just gotta punch him on the opposite side of the body

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I don't think we're actually going to see most of the fight. Allison and co aren't really in any position to participate and letting Jag get the key of kings would be real bad, so it seems likely to me that they are going to run away.

I reckon we're getting a small time skip and opening on Throne that's transitioned from a bustling city to a battlefield.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Captain Oblivious posted:

One book for each of the Seven would become formulaic and overly drawn out. We do not need an Incubus book. He is already enmeshed in events and has been for several books. We do not need a Jadis book. She is a relatively minor character. Gog’s pathology is not substantial enough to warrant a book.

im pretty sure gog is more insidiously dangerous then people give her credit for. re reading this book she lets mask slip a few times about how much she hates david. and before allision was on the way to david there are a few scenes where you see a wormed up person following her. one eventually gives her the invitation to fight david but i think there may have been more to it. I get why she would hate david she prefers chaos and he prefers order but thats over simplified.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The the approach of the last book does feel a bit sudden, but this book is already more broad than what you are saying. Sure Solomon David was the principle focus of this one, but there was also a whole lot about Incubus, and Gog had somewhat of a focus as well. One book for each seems like it would be too slow to me. I also think that part of the reason it feels like the end is coming fast is because it isn't going to end up telling the story we are expecting it to tell.

youre right it wasnt all david but incubus is like the b story to the a story so his is being told as we go with the pursurers and we keep seeing glimpses of gog but i think gog is worse then people are giving her credit for and should probably be dealt with. for all i know she will be in the next book.

JustaDamnFool posted:

I reckon we're getting a small time skip and opening on Throne that's transitioned from a bustling city to a battlefield.

i think we will be shown the time skip in a montage at the begining but i agree otherwise.

also i hope he gets a tv deal out of this.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Gog is pretty much the Thing or some other Eldrich horror, especially in comparison to the other demiurges. I don't think anyone really treats her lightly in the readership, even though though as a clown queen she is very much the comic relief chaos character.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Well she does talk like she's from Yancy Street.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

FlocksOfMice posted:

It's sort of like Angel Densetsu, a comedy manga about a normal highschool kid who has a terrifying face so everyone assumes he's a gang leader constantly high on drugs. As the story goes on, more people learn he's actually a sweet boy who just gets dragged into shenanigans, and as it goes on, the artstyle changes and he starts looking more and more normal, until at the end he's barely differently drawn from the other characters.

This comment inspired me to track down and read Angel Densetsu, and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for that, as it was a very fun read.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

FlocksOfMice posted:

Solomon started out as a creepy, dark-purple man with an impossible beard and a face of inhuman, unmoving smugness. Now he looks like an ordinary muscledude with at least 3 whole emotions that he can wear!

I'm genuinely looking forward to the comic demystifying Jagganoth and letting us meet the sad, lonely, and extremely traumatised nerd under that helmet.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm genuinely looking forward to the comic demystifying Jagganoth and letting us meet the sad, lonely, and extremely traumatised nerd under that helmet.

Hopefully with all the deep tragic background narration akin to Metal Gear Solid 4's Beauty and the Beast Squad.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

snergle posted:

also i hope he gets a tv deal out of this.

I am hoping to live long enough to see a filmed adaptation, and I've been going through my mind how I would at least cast the Seven.

If filming could start today, my picks for 4/7 would run something along:

Dave Bautista as Jagganoth
Robert Pattinson as Incubus
Toni Collette as Mottom
Idris Elba as Solomon David

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Darth Walrus posted:

Instead of confronting his pain, Jag would rather kill people and blow up cities.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Jag is a child soldier right? Literally raised by demon mercenaries?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I suspect he is omnicidal because he has experienced the worst life has to offer as both a subject and instrument of the worst kind of warmongering, and he has become profoundly antinatalist as a consequence. He doesn't think the anything in life justifies the kind of suffering that is possible. A perverse kind of altruism.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Kalli posted:

Hopefully with all the deep tragic background narration akin to Metal Gear Solid 4's Beauty and the Beast Squad.

Jagganoth taking off his helmet to reveal a bishie blond guy underneath ''when i was a child soldier my exceptional abilities earned me the nickname 'Jag the Ripper'''

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

M. Propagandalf posted:

I am hoping to live long enough to see a filmed adaptation, and I've been going through my mind how I would at least cast the Seven.

If filming could start today, my picks for 4/7 would run something along:

Dave Bautista as Jagganoth
Robert Pattinson as Incubus
Toni Collette as Mottom
Idris Elba as Solomon David

You'd probably need to cast at least two different actress as Mottom, what with her age changes.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

JustaDamnFool posted:

Jagganoth taking off his helmet to reveal a bishie blond guy underneath ''when i was a child soldier my exceptional abilities earned me the nickname 'Jag the Ripper'''

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mr. Lobe posted:

I suspect he is omnicidal because he has experienced the worst life has to offer as both a subject and instrument of the worst kind of warmongering, and he has become profoundly antinatalist as a consequence. He doesn't think the anything in life justifies the kind of suffering that is possible. A perverse kind of altruism.

First couple pages of the next book are just scans of David Benatar writings.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

You'd probably need to cast at least two different actress as Mottom, what with her age changes.

Diana Rigg (RIP)/Olena Tyrell for OldMottom

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Cast the entire family from one of those "five generations of daughters" TikToks

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Alison delivers the final blow and suddenly Cio launches into a six page monologue

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now photoshop that face onto Jaggs.

Z the IVth posted:

Diana Rigg (RIP)/Olena Tyrell for OldMottom
She died? I didn't even know she was sick

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
Maggie Smith is still around, and I think she could do old mottom pretty well.
As for Salami Dave, my pick would be Chris Obi (Mr. Jaquel from American Gods)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Royal W posted:

Maggie Smith is still around, and I think she could do old mottom pretty well.
As for Salami Dave, my pick would be Chris Obi (Mr. Jaquel from American Gods)

Maggie Smith can't be Old Mottom, she needs to be Granny Weatherwax :colbert:.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1313663185216561153

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1313663185216561153?s=19

:f5:

edit: should have done some refreshing on this thread

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Well! Lot going on there.

loving hell I'm gonna miss this comic when it ends.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I mean the big feature is broken Allison but uh whatcha doing there Jadis.

And... nega-Jadis? Cyberman Jadis?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 7, 2020

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I don't care how prohibited horny is I want this version of Allison to cut me in half with the terrible blade of Want

(also shadow-Jadis is very intriguing)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I hope this chapters lasts at least three years.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I hope this chapters lasts at least three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is going to go right up there with Dr. McNinja in my list of favorite completed webcomics when it's over.