Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://www.allhorror.com/subgenre/motel

Here's a list of motel related horrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It's not Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive, is it?

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

good list, no positives though. Thank you :)

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Darthemed posted:

It's not Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive, is it?

Too soon too soon :) in the 2000's-2018

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

That Spooky Witch posted:

i'm looking for a long faced grey haired fellow in a second rate horror movie

I know you said second rate and not actual parody or comedy, but since you're welcoming false positives:

There's only one or two screencaps I've seen that show a camera angle where he looks "long-faced", but Chris Elliott in Scary Movie 2 is a gray haired creepy caretaker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwt49IF0uG0

There's also Dead & Breakfast, which I haven't seen but features David Carradine as a B&B owner with gray hair and what I'd think could be a suitable face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2NmmTM4Hs

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Crackmaster posted:

I know you said second rate and not actual parody or comedy, but since you're welcoming false positives:

There's only one or two screencaps I've seen that show a camera angle where he looks "long-faced", but Chris Elliott in Scary Movie 2 is a gray haired creepy caretaker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwt49IF0uG0

There's also Dead & Breakfast, which I haven't seen but features David Carradine as a B&B owner with gray hair and what I'd think could be a suitable face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2NmmTM4Hs

Thank you :) not either of those.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m thinking of a made-for-TV movie from the 1990’s that involves tiny aliens landing on Earth around Halloween, and a family that lives in a shack by a lake takes care of them while they fix their ship.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Edward Mass posted:

I’m thinking of a made-for-TV movie from the 1990’s that involves tiny aliens landing on Earth around Halloween, and a family that lives in a shack by a lake takes care of them while they fix their ship.

Spaced Invaders. It was a theatrical release tho.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Edward Mass posted:

Spaced Invaders

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

not quite, there are visitors coming to the m/h otel. they're kinda creeped out by him. and he's just like a janitor or some poo poo.

Psycho 3?

Too early. 2000s on, minimum.

Is it Vacancy maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DCyrUheIpM

There's also a DTV sequel.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It was a theatrical release?!?!? Man. Thanks!

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Edward Mass posted:

It was a theatrical release?!?!? Man. Thanks!

look, its hard when their pharmacist buddy is shoving pills down your throat

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
"hick" was the vibe they were going with for the scenes of the desk clerk and fuckface.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Edward Mass posted:

if it was kids in a new york apartment, batteries not included. if it was a washed up commercial jingle writer, martians go home. if it was a mcdonalds themed acid trip, mac and me

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

hey, maybe you all could help me out.

i'm looking for a long faced grey haired fellow in a second rate horror movie, with.... similar-ish?... aesthetics to The Crazies. I think it had something to do with a hotel, and his character worked at said hotel...? Recent. Last twenty years, at least, last ten to be more certain.

its vague, I know, but i am _particularlly_ invested in finding the name of this individual, and will take as many false positives y'all throw at me because I will know the right one when I see it.

So Far:

-Devil's Rejects; no
-Psycho 3; no
-House of the Devil; no
-Eaten Alive; no
-Scary Movie 2; no to any scary movies series for sure
-Dead and Breakfast; no
--Vacancy; no
-No Vacancy; no

All guesses still welcome! :)

matbe the apartment complex by tobe hooper

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

hey, maybe you all could help me out.

i'm looking for a long faced grey haired fellow in a second rate horror movie, with.... similar-ish?... aesthetics to The Crazies. I think it had something to do with a hotel, and his character worked at said hotel...? Recent. Last twenty years, at least, last ten to be more certain. 2000-2018.

its vague, I know, but i am _particularlly_ invested in finding the name of this individual, and will take as many false positives y'all throw at me because I will know the right one when I see it.

So Far:

-Devil's Rejects; no
-Psycho 3; no
-House of the Devil; no
-Eaten Alive; no
-Scary Movie 2; no to any scary movies series for sure
-Dead and Breakfast; no
--Vacancy; no
-No Vacancy; no
-The Apartment Complex; no
-Horror Hotel; no (the guests were a man with dark hair-I think, and a woman-blonde hair, i think. the green wall paper in the check in desk rings vaguely familiar with the one i'm looking for? movie had like a green filter over it, or it was just very green, i think thats why i associate it with the crazies, the film cover for that is green. Not humorous either)
-No Tell Motel; no. (the two people the movie opens up with aren't really teens? they were like, in their thirtys-ish I want to say.)
-Love Motel; no. (the movie i'm looking for is very whitebread. no p.o.c. up to the scene the guy i'm looking for is in)
-Insane 2010; no. (no english accents)
-The 1st Seventh Night; no.
-S Darko; no.
-Vacancy 2 The First Cut; no. (I don't recall this movie was a sequel or a remake, just a one-off)
-Lake Dread; no. (I really don't think the guests the movie opens with were driving a camper rv. also, no lake as far as I remember.)
-The Hotel!!; no. (I don't recall there being punctuation in the title, nor there being a beach around the hotel in the movie. i don't think it was foresty around the hotel either, ALSO, the hotel was dirty, grungy).
-Severance 2006; no.

Looking at the hotel movie list that was pointed out, it occurred to me to look up a list of mens names. The first name is Ken. poo poo if I know his last name. He wouldn't be credited very high, I don't think, it seemed like a bit piece role, and I vague-ishly recall that he was credited as Ken 'Lastname'.

-Bug 2006; no. (Opens up with a couple, coming to a m/h otel. (i'd have to guess more on the m otel on the m/h otel scale)

All guesses still welcome! Thank you to all :)

Since you said you don't care if it's far fetched, maybe Harry Dean Stanton as a trailer park manager in Fire Walk With Me and (as a better fit for your timeline) Twin Peaks s3

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Trevor Hale posted:

Spaced Invaders

Aka the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater

E: I was 13 years old and went by myself and my bike was stolen while I sat through that piece of poo poo. Pretty bad day.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

It fits literally nothing beyond the word motel but Identity from 2003 was the first thing I thought of.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

theres a scifi/horror movie im still looking for the name of. basic gist is some scientist is doing work on regrowin limbs with reptile dna i think. anyway some mafia guys or something break in and bust up his lab (think like darkman) and he loses an arm. well he uses the serum on his shoulder and regrows his arm but its detarchable and has a mouth and is carniverous and will eat people

i remember he lives in the sewer trying to make a new serum but they come after him again and shoot his detchable carnivore hand and so he uses the serum on each finger and grows 5 more and they eat all the bad dudes

i have never been able to google this premise whatsoever to find what it was. i saw it when i was like 7 on the sci-fi channel durning their dimension of horror/scifi/movie magic years so like 1997-2000 or something

edit: nevermind lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMT9VzTFfHk

its Severed Ties. Thanks Fangoria Films! full thing is on youtube if you want to watch this, you know you do.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 6, 2020

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I was 100% ready to suggest the one Spiderman film that had the Lizard.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Or that one X-Files episode with the regrown salamander limb.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, so it wasn't Spaced Invaders, and I KNOW it isn't *batteries not included or Mac and Me. The aliens were, like, 2-feet tall and possibly CGI. I swear this was a made-for-TV movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

OK, so it wasn't Spaced Invaders, and I KNOW it isn't *batteries not included or Mac and Me. The aliens were, like, 2-feet tall and possibly CGI. I swear this was a made-for-TV movie.

I know the one you mean and I distinctly remember missing it every time it was on and being pissed at my parents, stupid pre-PVR days. It does exist though

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Edward Mass posted:

The Last Halloween (1991)?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

MrGreenShirt posted:

The Last Halloween (1991)?

That's the one!!!!! Thank you so much for validating my bizarre memories.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Damnit I was too slow. Good news is it's all on youtube

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

A movie with a trailer that starts out talking about what a special, lovely boy the main character is, then halfway through takes a turn and its actually about a friend who's being molested or something and they have to stop the guy who's doing it? It was in the last 5 years maybe, and I don't know the movie at all, I just remember the trailer taking the hardest left turn imaginable. The title might have just been the kid's name?

I want to say the director was someone of note, but i couldn't tell you who it is.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

Prisoners? 2013, notable director, starts with kids playing.

Edit: Oh it's definitely that vvvvv

albedoa fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 8, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Book of Henry?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Davros1 posted:

The Book of Henry?

lol this is it. Bless.

I guess I could have added that the movie was panned; Prisoners was pretty good, right?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Davros1 posted:

The Book of Henry?

So bad the director lost Star Wars

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Trevor Hale posted:

So bad the director lost Star Wars

Wow, Jurassic World wasn't enough to do that?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
There is an 80s or very early 90s dark comedy where there is a love triangle going on, and then one of the women tries to kill the other. When the other is inflicted with a mortal blow, I think the first one being a broken neck, she doesn't die, but stands back up and fixes it. They then trade deaths, killing one another over and over in a slapstick manner and I remember a shotgun being used to blow a hole in one of their stomachs. Anyone know what movie this was?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

rotinaj posted:

There is an 80s or very early 90s dark comedy where there is a love triangle going on, and then one of the women tries to kill the other. When the other is inflicted with a mortal blow, I think the first one being a broken neck, she doesn't die, but stands back up and fixes it. They then trade deaths, killing one another over and over in a slapstick manner and I remember a shotgun being used to blow a hole in one of their stomachs. Anyone know what movie this was?
Death Becomes Her

Edit: no need for a question mark, I got the title right :v:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pilchenstein posted:

Death Becomes Her?

Yes. Thank you!

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
Thank you thread :h:

I'm keeping my original post here updated. I'm currently going thru the IMDB actor list for names of Ken.

Keep throwing guesses if you have any! :) This has been very productive for me. :)

-edit: I remember him calling it "like The Hills Have Eyes", poo poo if I know that's accurate or not

-edit2; I think going through the movies that came out in that 20ish period might be quicker than all Kens of all cinematographic history, so doing that now instead, thank you for the suggestion of list!

-edit3; I went through the movie list I was looking at and no dice. I don't think it was too obscure, but it was a second rate movie nonetheless. The thought occurred to me, maybe its not a Horror, but a Thriller? But regardless, any guesses to the movie I'm talking about would be much appreciated :)

That Spooky Witch fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 10, 2020

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
An undercover cop/FBI agent/something like that goes on a boat to talk with the bad guys he's trying to investigate. They have a guy tied up because they found he's undercover, and they tell the agent that just came on the boat to shoot him to prove he's not a cop. He takes the gun and pulls the trigger, but nothing happens. They trust him and say they'll take care of the tied up guy themselves. They all get busted and when the cop unties the other one, the one being held captive asks the other how he knew the gun wasn't loaded, and he tells him he could tell by the weight of the gun. I feel like the cop was played by someone like Eastwood, if not Eastwood himself, but I can't remember enough about the movie to discern it from other cop movies. I'm pretty sure this scene was the beginning of the movie, meant to establish the main character's cop prowess, and I don't remember if the guys on the boat were relevant to the rest of the movie or if they were just for that scene.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Detective Thompson posted:

An undercover cop/FBI agent/something like that goes on a boat to talk with the bad guys he's trying to investigate. They have a guy tied up because they found he's undercover, and they tell the agent that just came on the boat to shoot him to prove he's not a cop. He takes the gun and pulls the trigger, but nothing happens. They trust him and say they'll take care of the tied up guy themselves. They all get busted and when the cop unties the other one, the one being held captive asks the other how he knew the gun wasn't loaded, and he tells him he could tell by the weight of the gun. I feel like the cop was played by someone like Eastwood, if not Eastwood himself, but I can't remember enough about the movie to discern it from other cop movies. I'm pretty sure this scene was the beginning of the movie, meant to establish the main character's cop prowess, and I don't remember if the guys on the boat were relevant to the rest of the movie or if they were just for that scene.

In the Line of Fire

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I saw this in 2007 or 2008 so it can't be newer than that. It was on TV, maybe HBO or something like that- I honestly have no clue as to the network. All of this happens in the span of about ten minutes:

The movie I'm trying to identify is set in Austria-Hungary around the end of WW1. In one scene in front of a procession of returning troops, an Austrian army officer greets another government dignitary with "good news!" or something to that effect. The other guy asks, "did we win?" and the first guy says "no, we lost!" but he's very jubilant about it (he's glad they don't have to fight anymore, I figure).

In the next scene there's an old Josef Fritzl-looking guy who is arguing with his dumpy wife in their bedroom, and they are dressed in what I assume are upper-class clothes for the time, and seemingly out of nowhere the guy literally just rapes her. They are fully clothed the entire time, and it takes all but a few seconds before he's done with her. Then she just gives him this disgusted and horrified look. I changed channels after this but I keep thinking wtf was this movie?

Any leads on this one??