Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The bloodgates are due tomorrow AND we found out yesterday that on Monday and Tuesday my husband was exposed to someone who has tested positive for the covid. Prepping myself for the possibily the worst period possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

^^^^I hope your test comes back negative! There's always a good chance of that!

my tits hurt. Apologies to everyone in here who is apparently on the same cycle as me (tomorrow or the next day to start). We're gonna have halloween itself ruined this month. I was very unhappy when I looked at my tracking calendar.

or perhaps that's perfectly on brand. at least I'll have some candy.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

How are we all on the same cycle? I don't see this thread for 2 weeks and then as soon as I start feeling crampy it resurfaces.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

How are we all on the same cycle? I don't see this thread for 2 weeks and then as soon as I start feeling crampy it resurfaces.

I’ve seen covens start this way. Just putting that out there.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Like I said if we're cycling right now we're probably gonna be on Halloween as well. Let's use our blood moon powers for the ultimate hex.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Skratte posted:

Like I said if we're cycling right now we're probably gonna be on Halloween as well. Let's use our blood moon powers for the ultimate hex.

Trump has COVID.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Skratte posted:

I'm a week ahead of the thread, so grateful I won't have to deal on Halloween (my cycle is ridiculously short), but I will happily contribute to hexing Mitch Mcconnell into covid

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Skratte posted:

^^^^I hope your test comes back negative! There's always a good chance of that!

My neck of the woods (Netherlands) doesn't want us to get tested unless we have symptoms, which we at the moment don't. I think it's due to lack of tests. Despite America stealing the spotlight for being a covid shitshow, the Netherlands isn't doing so hot either.

My PMS pains have been light this cycle, but I have had vaginal discomfort to add to our communal power pile. Last night Mr Ralph and I were getting busy, but I had to have him stop cause I had extremely unpleasant tingling. Turns out that despite washing your hands you can still have capsicum on them from cutting up spicy peppers. It will go away soon enough, but it's disconcerting to have burning flavor in your vagina.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I had a pap smear earlier this week, and my god it hurt. My vagina also kept hurting. I also just got my period like the rest of the thread. Also planning on having an IUD planted later in the year. Please tell me it won't hurt.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Maigius posted:

I had a pap smear earlier this week, and my god it hurt. My vagina also kept hurting. I also just got my period like the rest of the thread. Also planning on having an IUD planted later in the year. Please tell me it won't hurt.

The IUD might hurt going in, but if it hurts regularly that is big time not good. If the person putting it in is experienced your odds of it being smooth are better.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I know when I had my first cervical smear I was not at all sure what to expect; and it was...weird? Like, imagine someone reached up inside and poked your kidney weird; It didn't hurt, but it felt like a bit of you that really didn't expect to get poked just got poked.

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

Mine is due next week and I'm considering starting up on year birth control again cause I'm so sick of dealing with this. I stopped taking the pill cause of acne and I realized it killed my sex drive, but I'm real tired of having horrible cramps and feeling like poo poo a week every month.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Zoesdare posted:

Nexplanon update, they called and made me send in a form and now another two weeks?

Arizona is bullshit.

That sucks.

I'm two months on mine. Bled for like 10 days about a week after insertion. I'm on my 2nd period since, and while the bloating/cramps were terrible, I'm hoping for a repeat of last time which was 2 days of bleeding over about 3 days.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Made this for the wholesome horror posters thread, but I think it might resonate with some of the posters itt

(On the blob' is UK/Irish slang for having your period)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
and we’re off! Right on time, my boyfriends birthday

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Same. Still being able to smell the odor wafting from my cloth pads is a nice reassure that I still have my sense of smell and have probably escaped the roni.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I realize looking at my wife's box of tampax on the bathroom windowsill that they're unscented. Surely they don't make scented tampons?? What strange hell is that!?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I remember growing up all my books on puberty made it very clear that you should avoid scented pads and tampons at all costs. Never seen em in the wild tho

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Always brand pads over here have a scent to them. I don't like it because I can't separate it in my mind from the other smell that's always going on when I smell it. Also I think they give me boils on my bits sometimes and nobody needs that.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
mine started yesterday so im synced to the thread now??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

I realize looking at my wife's box of tampax on the bathroom windowsill that they're unscented. Surely they don't make scented tampons?? What strange hell is that!?

In china they make cool breeze ones that have basically menthol on em.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak posted:

um....spicy.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I never really smelled a tampon or a pad, which really makes me question the efficacy and need for such a thing. Yeah sure it’ll be drenched in blood and smell like pennies in ten min but before that it’ll smell of daisies? why.

Barudak posted:

That’s a hard pass from me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

With everyone in china smoking I was genuinely a little surprised after finding cooling pads that nobody had made clove ones.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Barudak posted:

With everyone in china smoking I was genuinely a little surprised after finding cooling pads that nobody had made clove ones.

Do those Tiger Balm stick-on patches count?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

HopperUK posted:

Always brand pads over here have a scent to them. I don't like it because I can't separate it in my mind from the other smell that's always going on when I smell it. Also I think they give me boils on my bits sometimes and nobody needs that.

They don't even advertise that they're scented, so if that's what you've always used, you just think you smell like that. They started making me feel ill eventually.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Do those Tiger Balm stick-on patches count?

"Put a tiger in your cage" The ad copy writes itself!!!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Scented menstrual products are really gross. Blood and aggressive baby powder stank are a potent olfactory mix. Also, they're bad for you!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

poo poo why not shove some stinking oils up there?

Found it on the antimlm subreddit. A lot of them oil pyramid schemes advocate shoving oils up into your vagina. One secret big pharma doesn't want you to know!

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Barudak posted:

Tried them in an emergency, the cooling effect was surprisingly.. nice? in a hot muggy weather. Wouldn't use them regularly though, probably very much not good for your vag health.

Also, implants are awesome. I had two copper iuds that expelled themselves after three years, switched to implant after the gyno suggested that "lol maybe iuds are not for your vengeful womb then" and no ragrets. Periods are basically non existent now, haven't seen any side effects and have a weird stick inside my arm. Love it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’d love an implant but sadly, too fat.

Unrelated and horrifying but never have your period and chili week overlapping. I’m a one witch olfactory hazard.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

I’d love an implant but sadly, too fat.

I didn't know you had to be below a certain weight to get an implant.

I haven't really looked into birth control options since I've had sex like eight times in the past ten years & the "mini-pill" (norethindrone) is the only one that I know of that doesn't interfere with my epilepsy meds.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Ralph Crammed In posted:

poo poo why not shove some stinking oils up there?

Found it on the antimlm subreddit. A lot of them oil pyramid schemes advocate shoving oils up into your vagina. One secret big pharma doesn't want you to know!

Do not put honey up your cooch

Also don't put essential oil up there

Tea tree oil???

:psyduck:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Enfys posted:

Tea tree oil???

Tingly! Refreshing!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The burning sensation you feel is your body laying down fresh asphalt on the egg highway.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak posted:

The burning sensation you feel is your body laying down fresh asphalt on the egg highway.

:stonklol:

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

YeahTubaMike posted:

I didn't know you had to be below a certain weight to get an implant.

I haven't really looked into birth control options since I've had sex like eight times in the past ten years & the "mini-pill" (norethindrone) is the only one that I know of that doesn't interfere with my epilepsy meds.

Most hormonal birth controls have very low control weights that they used during testing. If a woman is out it that range, the hormone dose is too low and therefore less effective. This is particularly a problem for things like implants/hormonal IUDs where they produce exactly one dose, there aren't higher dose ones available.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Enfys posted:

Do not put honey up your cooch

Also don't put essential oil up there

Tea tree oil???

HAHAHAHAHA well, I guess that's better than patchouli

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I've the implant for years despite being over the suggested weight range the whole time. The way doctors have explained it to me, when you're bigger, it leaches faster, so it expires sooner. However, while it's working it should be equally effective. I know it's working on me because I don't have a period on it -- and when it starts coming back, I get it replaced.

That said, I also use condoms because duh

e: I've also seen this study specifically testing IUDs and Nexplanon in overweight and obese women. There's another one I remember but it isn't coming up now...

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I'm overweight by 50 pounds or so and the IUD worked fine for me for years and years. My doctor never said anything, but then again he's a dude so who knows.