Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MA-Horus posted:

Ontario COVID testing is now appointment only, and you have to book through loving EVENTBRITE.

Thanks for reminding me I need to get my virutal ticket for The Mads are Back Frank Conniff and Trace Beaulieu movie riffing broadcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's not how it works. Because oxygen liquifies at pressure, there's a very hard limit caused by the diminishing returns of how much of the tank has to be thermal insulation and safety factor for the cylinder walls. Like think how quickly a can of air duster gets too cold to touch despite flowing at a much lower rate.

I mean theoretically it's not *impossible* to make a cylinder that only holds 10 or 12 litres of oxygen but nobody's ever bothered before because literally the only use for it would be this, and I bet it'd still be the size of a drinks can and weigh at least a kilo, so again, even if the special CIA psyops labs whipped something up so he could walk across the lawn (as opposed to, say, just getting in the limo) it'd *still* be noticeable under his clothes.

This is a little while back and probably too goonsay, but Oxygen absolutely does not liquify under pressure. Liquid oxygen is stored at -180ish in insulated tanks. Compressed oxygen at room temperature can be held at whatever pressure the cylinder can take.

You can easily get 500ml bottles that are rated to 70bar+ to give 35L or so of gas. But either way, he probably didn’t need it.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

He didn't have anything:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bronze Fonz posted:

He didn't have anything:

I dunno, think how much compressed oxygen he could have stored in that bulging toad chin

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Not only will he not tell people to wear masks, hes saying they dont work lmao

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jeza posted:

I dunno, think how much compressed oxygen he could have stored in that bulging toad chin

That's just him enlarging his sac to intidimate males and attract the ladies

Actually when I was typing this I realised I don't know what that bulgy neck thing on a toad is called

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Bronze Fonz posted:

He didn't have anything:

What's up with his ear?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's up with his ear?

portable oxygen supply implant

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's up with his ear?

Looks like he hasn't been using the cooling gel with his Cinco-Fone.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Probably the rubber band being too tight because his head is so drat fat, lol.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's up with his ear?

Poor circulation due to clotting

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's up with his ear?

It’s eroded from decades of things going in one ear and out the other.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

rt4 posted:

Poor circulation due to clotting

no blood. only clot.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Looks like he hasn't been using the cooling gel with his Cinco-Fone.

Lol!

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Got shot two of the pfizer vaccine. Arm's sore but nothing too bad.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Scarodactyl posted:

:rip:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Scarodactyl posted:

Cool, are you excited to be doing something positive for humanity? (No sarcasm)

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Bronze Fonz posted:

He didn't have anything:

Whether he had it on the brief walk to the helicopter or not, he was definitely administered supplemental oxygen before leaving.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1313263278613827585

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/us/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-guidelines.html

'bout that vaccine

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bronze Fonz posted:

He didn't have anything:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

needs more steroids

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Super duper. Now if one gets authorized too hastily, you'll have a bunch of doctors and medical experts correctly saying "The vaccine has not been shown to be safe," which will equate to "The coronavirus vaccine isn't safe" in many people's minds, and even fewer people will get a vaccine (even one that's properly tested) than would have otherwise :discourse:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mozi posted:

needs more steroids

Tell him that steroids shrink dicks.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

rt4 posted:

Are they dead yet? Are we dead yet?
Would we be posting on these forums if we weren't dead

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/1313227954512486400

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Not gunna lie, those videos are kinda horrifying. He shouldn't be out of the hospital. I still keep thinking he's making it up or he's gunna loving die.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
there's absolutely no way it's fake, it would've now grown to a conspiracy involving hundreds of people which just isn't feasible, especially for this incompetent mess of an administration. not to mention that Trump believes being sick is shameful and disgusting and he just spent the last several months saying it doesn't exist and it can't hurt anyone. nah, this is as real as it gets

I wouldn't say that video he's really wincing in pain that much but he definitely seems to be having trouble breathing. That would be very normal for a person at this stage of the covid timeline, especially considering he has received some significant treatments, treatments so new there that he may be the first person to ever have had that exact combination

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4lNq4nhdDQ

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

DingPosting, but still...

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1313293961579159553

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

my god, they've given him gills

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

christ, he looks awful

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The accessory neck muscles are attached to the bone spurs.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That is not how somebody who is healthy looks, drat. Is it just me or do I detect a slight hint of terror in his eyes?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

That is not how somebody who is healthy looks, drat. Is it just me or do I detect a slight hint of terror in his eyes?

He looks like he's holding back a cry.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean Covid killed his brother and someone who apparently was an actual friend so I think he is probably as afraid as he is capable of being

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hemale in pain posted:

That's just him enlarging his sac to intidimate males and attract the ladies

Actually when I was typing this I realised I don't know what that bulgy neck thing on a toad is called

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Barudak posted:

I mean Covid killed his brother and someone who apparently was an actual friend so I think he is probably as afraid as he is capable of being

He's also a huge germaphobe.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

You can make a deal with anybody, okay, or sometimes... sometimes with any THING. A thing that you might call covid-19, or the CHINA FLU, or the invisible enemy.... it has a lot of names, doesn't it?

But it's very smart, it's incredibly smart even for a germ, smart enough that you might be on the bed and you hear it start talking to you. And if offers you a deal. And if you're a good deals guy, like me? If you know the deals? You'd say "I'll take that deal, let me see door #3". And then you sign a little piece of paper with your blood and the deal is struck. Or made, as the... you.... that's another term.

So you've made the deal, okay, you're going to get out of the hospital soon but it's going to be go very badly for some other people, people you know and work with perhaps. Okay. That's... listen. LISTEN. Nobody knows this, nobody EVER heard of this, but it's possible to get sick, recover, and then get many other people sick from the disease you had. It's called SPREADING, and I know a thing or two about that. Is Ivanka here? Ivanka, darling? She's... she'll be catching it very soon. The invisible enemy is here, and darkness and decay and the CHINA FLU hold ill..illeshhhh...... well, they're here, folks.

*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/ColinJMcAuliffe/status/1313316484345729024