Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wild T posted:

This dude loving owns. I'm just glad that medals are functionally useless in the Air Force outside of being maybe a promotion tiebreaker but anytime someone gets a Meritorious Anal Bleaching Citation they want to get every fat gently caress to squeeze into their service dress and give each other a Dutch rudder.

Classic Air Force: giving out awards for what the Navy considers standard operating procedure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
An officer who posts political opinions (or even explicit partisan endorsements) on social media while completely off duty is probably fine as long as they do not fundraise to include not being allowed to link or share sites that ask for money.

Off duty in this context means completely off duty, not while taking lunch during the duty day.

It’s often frowned upon but not against the rules formally if it’s a private social media account. There is a lot more freedom to talk issues (ie support for a tax ideology or opinions about wetland preservation or education or social whatever rather than political party endorsements).

If you make a social media account called like [unit name] Commander and post politics, that’s no good.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

piL posted:

Classic Air Force: giving out awards for what the Navy considers standard operating procedure.

Meanwhile the wing at Ramstein has been crippled for two months by indecision on whether an airman who saved a 2 year old from drowning was in water deep enough to consider it "heroic" or not.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
My old XO got a NAM for saving a kid from drowning in the ocean. It was his kid.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

maffew buildings posted:

My old XO got a NAM for saving a kid from drowning in the ocean. It was his kid.

lol the entire concept of military valor in a nutshell

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I'm waiting for the glory chasing copycats to start throwing their kids into harm's way for their chance at officially documented "heroism".

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Those on the coast probably already do as a twisted form of punishment when they're not kicking their pets or beating their wives.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I deserve a medal for Conspicuous Valour in the Line of Duty for not calling a pilot a fuckhead after he broke my loving plane again.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Why did you let the plane take off with an unsafe condition aboard?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Probably because that 'unsafe condition' outranked him :v:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
AFAB

Eventually the Air Force will go full Skynet and be 1000% more tolerable

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://twitter.com/simulacrax/status/1311772844364361728?s=19

Azerbaijan appears to be leading the warboy arms race

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Wild T posted:

AFAB

Eventually the Air Force will go full Skynet and be 1000% more tolerable

Shouldn't it be APAB?

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

canyoneer posted:

https://twitter.com/simulacrax/status/1311772844364361728?s=19

Azerbaijan appears to be leading the warboy arms race

Eurovision song contest lookin' good!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

Shouldn't it be APAB?

Hey now, there are plenty of enlisted zipper suited sun gods too. Like the old saying, "the only thing worse than an officer in a plane is an enlisted in a plane who thinks he's an officer".

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Wild T posted:

Hey now, there are plenty of enlisted zipper suited sun gods too. Like the old saying, "the only thing worse than an officer in a plane is an enlisted in a plane who thinks he's an officer".

As a support guy who was riding with odas i'd say the worst thing was support guys thinking they're sf. Looking at you navy eod guy who got a purple heart for getting hit by your own breaching charge on your first and last gaf.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Marine Making Racist Threats in Viral Video Under Investigation

quote:

"As the honorable [President Donald] Trump said on Twitter today, it was China's fault," Morford said. "China is going to pay for what they have done to this country and the world."

"I don't give a f*ck," Morford continued. "Some [slur against Asian people] motherf*cker comes up to me when I'm in the fleet, say 5-5-6, bitch. That's all I gotta say. Say 5-5-f*cking-6."

SNCO right now
:commissar:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Glad the kid got caught, and yeah, he's done.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
whats 5-5-6, for the uninitiated?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
5.56mm, caliber of the M4, M16 and M249 and probably some others.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Basically he's saying "I will shoot a minority for being a minority"

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

not caring here posted:

5.56mm, caliber of the M4, M16 and M249 and probably some others.

I get that, i figured it was code for something, just not a straight up murder threat.

Memento posted:

Brutal, thanks.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Memento posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2cPuwpqTg&t=82s

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

“When I see them in the fleet”

way to tell everyone you’re in one of two commands and also a dumb loving boot as well as a nazi.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You just know he's gonna blame them for the fallout too

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Happy this drunk nazi marine had “friends” brave enough to share this video and destroy him. Unless he shared it himself, in which case, ~ l m a o ~

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

LibCrusher posted:

Happy this drunk nazi marine had “friends” brave enough to share this video and destroy him. Unless he shared it himself, in which case, ~ l m a o ~

From my limited understanding, he shared it himself, then it immediately went viral. They figured out who he was in a matter of hours.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

“When I see them in the fleet”

way to tell everyone you’re in one of two commands and also a dumb loving boot as well as a nazi.

Nah he could be in a lot of places. It means he’s at his MOS school, because there’s no phones at boot camp and no barracks rooms at MCT. It does mean his life is gonna be hell for another four years though.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

That's a big assumption that he'll get four years after that dumbassery.

One thing I do enjoy about the current climate is the racists and bigots feeling empowered enough to out themselves, then crying about free speech when they get publicly shamed and lose their jobs. Not even going to lie, I join a lot of alt-right adjacent groups on Facebook just because I'm a goofy white dude and can get in to mine screenshots and send them to employers, it's pure schadenfreude and it's not like anyone of value gets hurt until one doxxes me and shoots me anyway

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Wild T posted:

That's a big assumption that he'll get four years after that dumbassery.

One thing I do enjoy about the current climate is the racists and bigots feeling empowered enough to out themselves, then crying about free speech when they get publicly shamed and lose their jobs. Not even going to lie, I join a lot of alt-right adjacent groups on Facebook just because I'm a goofy white dude and can get in to mine screenshots and send them to employers, it's pure schadenfreude and it's not like anyone of value gets hurt until one doxxes me and shoots me anyway

Yeah, it's been pretty great to see the number of bigots and fascists that have been getting outed because they believe the world agrees with them. Funny how their bosses usually don't.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
To be fair a lot of their bosses do. At least in the private sector. They just like money more.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah, it's not about bosses' personal beliefs, it's about what they think will make--or lose--them the most money. A few years ago(?) Chik-fil-A had their most profitable day ever when they got outed for funding anti-gay legislation (again) and people called for a boycott, because bigots (also called "evangelicals") flooded their stores to give them business.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 9, 2020

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Joke's on us, they're only pretending to be well-adjusted non-shitheads :smug: and I'm okay with that.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah, it's not about bosses' personal beliefs, it's about what they think will make--or lose--them the most money. A few years ago(?) Chik-fil-A had their most profitable day ever when they got outed for funding anti-gay legislation (again) and people called for a boycott, because bigots (also called "evangelicals") flooded their stores to give them business.

This was 2013 or so, I think? I remember where I was living at the time, and there was a Chik-fil-A right by my apartment. As soon as the news broke, the one by me immediately hung a rainbow LGBT flag from the building and changed up their sign to say "Corporate doesn't speak for us, we support equality!" or something along those lines. Maybe they were just being opportunistic and trying to run some local PR, but I don't think so. Seems like a lot of effort to go through if you're just trying to make some extra money - especially at the risk of pissing off the evangelicals.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah that time frame sounds about right. Hellyear makes it so hard to gauge time anymore. Good on that franchisee, I suppose. Almost certainly cost them a lot of business, so if it was a ~shrewd business decision~ it was a very poor one.

Guest2553 posted:

Joke's on us, they're only pretending to be well-adjusted non-shitheads :smug: and I'm okay with that.

Of all the people to be forced back into the closet, I'm pretty OK with it when it's racists and bigots. You can't necessarily change someone's mind, but you can make them shut the gently caress up.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 9, 2020

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yeah, it's been pretty great to see the number of bigots and fascists that have been getting outed because they believe the world agrees with them. Funny how their bosses usually don't.

I'll usually send the screencaps of me messaging their employer and send them to the person through an alt account (one, to prevent the aforementioned me getting shot, and two, to keep my cover from being blown in the groups I'm a mole in) just to gently caress with them for laughs. Almost every time the reaction is either to rant about how I'm a beta cuck SJW who's obviously triggered, or just as commonly try to downplay it as "it's just a meme I was being ironic I didn't REALLY mean it when I said let's hang all the n*****s and f*****s I swear".

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Shooting Blanks posted:

The world as its filtered to them does. This is what I find most terrifying. That the recycled air of social media is exposing people to the small isolated bubbles where they do what all men and women do-- naturally adapt to the norms around them. These are not masterminds who aim to gain by exploitation, but similarly weak commoners like the rest of us who should be able to note their similarities with the people they are being trained to hate.

But they can't, because they are isolated and surrounded by hate until they aspire to become that hate, and then, for a moment that will define their lives, they do.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Wild T posted:

I'll usually send the screencaps of me messaging their employer and send them to the person through an alt account (one, to prevent the aforementioned me getting shot, and two, to keep my cover from being blown in the groups I'm a mole in) just to gently caress with them for laughs. Almost every time the reaction is either to rant about how I'm a beta cuck SJW who's obviously triggered, or just as commonly try to downplay it as "it's just a meme I was being ironic I didn't REALLY mean it when I said let's hang all the n*****s and f*****s I swear".

Youre doing good work. o7

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Ain't none of us going to have any issues with sending screenshots of racists outing themselves on social media to their employers, but it's doxx-adjacent enough to give pause so I just wanted to say "please don't organize this kind of thing on the forums."

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Wild T posted:

Been doing the same with a couple of fake accounts. I had a fake funeral home account for a while, I was trolling Covidiots. Facebook shut that one down after I offered a two for one children's coffin sale to someone.