Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

site posted:

is matt ryan still listed as special appearance

I hope they never stop doing that joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I'm a little concerned, as he's always been a bit of comic relief/best in small doses. However, this is the same show that somehow made not only a small, talking stuffed toy plot relevant and vital for ending the season, but also managed to pull off turning a one-note joke about someone losing a nipple into a demonically possessed, plot relevant nipple.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They take Ray and give us this?

this is the most bullshit

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

While I applaud how innovative and off the wall the writers are, I do often question their ignoring the concept of diminishing returns

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
They did write out werewolf lady whose name I cannot even remember. Wait! Mona! Right?

I'm guessing Gary was frequently abducted by aliens or is, in fact, not completely human.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Us before: Gary Green is all the man we need
Us now: Wait, that's not what I meant.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Us before: Gary Green is all the man we need
Us now: Wait, that's not what I meant.

TVIV posters being a bunch of stupid, capricious bastards? Why I never

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gary will probably turn into Doctor Fate

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Aleph Null posted:

They did write out werewolf lady whose name I cannot even remember. Wait! Mona! Right?

I'm guessing Gary was frequently abducted by aliens or is, in fact, not completely human.

Jack "Gary Green" Hawksmore?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

BooDooBoo posted:

Jack "Gary Green" Hawksmore?

Jimmy Olsen's other twin brother.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Turns out he's a kryptonian. His real name is Gar-El and unfortunately he's been using too much sunscreen his whole life.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

seaborgium posted:

demonically possessed, plot relevant nipple.

oh that's a good thread name

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh Gary GREEN LANTERN.

It writes itself! You can make so many flaccid penis jokes when his constructs fail!

Seriously, I am glad legends's comedy is above garbage like that.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

twistedmentat posted:

Uh Gary GREEN LANTERN.

It writes itself! You can make so many flaccid penis jokes when his constructs fail!

Seriously, I am glad legends's comedy is above garbage like that.

Diggle already got the job though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

*some whacky hijink happens where Gary Green the Green Lantern has to hide who he is*

"Oh, I'm Ga....I mean, I'm....Guy"

"Your name is....Guy?"

"Haha, yes."

"Guy what"

"Guy, umm....*looks out window, seeing worker pulling out weeds*....Gardner. Guy Gardner"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SardonicTyrant posted:

*some whacky hijink happens where Gary Green the Green Lantern has to hide who he is*

"Your name is....Guy?"

"Haha, yes."

"Guy what"

"Guy, umm....*looks out window, seeing worker pulling out weeds*....Gardner. Guy Gardner"

gently caress.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Gary is terrible and bad and was never once good and anyone who thinks otherwise should be submitted to Gary and Mona episodes for the rest of eternity.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

RandomBlue posted:

Gary is terrible and bad and was never once good and anyone who thinks otherwise should be submitted to Gary and Mona episodes for the rest of eternity.

I don't see how that would be a punishment for them, but okay.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

quote:

Gary’s origins are said to be more “bizarre” than Legends’ fans might think, which, to be fair, means they might be very bizarre indeed considering what viewers have seen from the show in the past. But it could be a hint at Gary’s story becoming complicated by the new season’s alien-focused adventures.

It's gonna turn out Gary's the child of a GL or something and was dropped at an orphanage. His last name is because the person/thing who left him was glowing green.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
garagar goltagon

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

RandomBlue posted:

The episode where he's evil shows that the actor can play more than the hurp a durp guy, and it's Legends so I'm sure it'll fun at least for a minute.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SardonicTyrant posted:

"Your name is....Guy?"

"Haha, yes."

"Guy what"

Hey, Guy Gardener is my name!

This is Legends style humor. And if Gary has some secret, he's probably like from Pre sinking Atlantis or something.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

GigaPeon posted:

The episode where he's evil shows that the actor can play more than the hurp a durp guy, and it's Legends so I'm sure it'll fun at least for a minute.

That episode was hella creepy and then they just have him a pass.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Like Mona, Gary started off okay but has overstayed his welcome.

Makes Constantine's boyfriend, Desmond, a Legend.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Make Constantine's boyfriend Gary.

No, really. They played it for laughs, now play it straight (pun not intended).

Give him some personal development, he's been thru a lot of poo poo and multiple mind control/wipes, make it have impact. Make him shoot every dog he sees. Let him freak out at woven fabrics and set them on fire. Mushy peas make him cry and open a portal to hell.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Zari dating constantine grosses me out so sure lets do that instead

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised they aren't going to make Gary Dr Fate, especially since he's been working with Constantine with his magic this last season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

I'm surprised they aren't going to make Gary Dr Fate, especially since he's been working with Constantine with his magic this last season.

There's a new Dr. Fate that was introduced in Rebirth who's American born Egyptian and relatively active in the comics so it'd be a tad off to have a different version who's white.

Gary's background should presumably be magic focused given his apprenticeship but is expect it being the child/descendant of a preexisting character like Nightmaster or Morgaine le Fay

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Xelkelvos posted:

Gary's background should presumably be magic focused given his apprenticeship but is expect it being the child/descendant of a preexisting character like Nightmaster or Morgaine le Fay

Detective Chimp

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ yes!

site posted:

Zari dating constantine grosses me out so sure lets do that instead

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Happitoo posted:

Detective Chimp

If Gary was raised by Detective Chimp, I'll take back literally any bad thing I said about Gary.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Seriously, my dude?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like they've started filming the new season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sure does

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1314717279788109824

And the season premiere is called Ground Control to Sara Lance, which tbh is one of their weaker episode names since they've made the transition to puns and pop culture jokes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Stay safe legends

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Every episode of the new season should have everyone in proper masks, including the aliens, and nobody remarks on it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I was watching this old tv series from 2002 called John Doe. The main character sounded familiar but I couldn't place it, so I imdb'd it.

Holy poo poo, it's Dominic Purcell. I literally couldn't tell because he has hair in this show.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

John Doe is great. Prison Break is great. Dominic Purcell is great.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SardonicTyrant posted:

I was watching this old tv series from 2002 called John Doe. The main character sounded familiar but I couldn't place it, so I imdb'd it.

Holy poo poo, it's Dominic Purcell. I literally couldn't tell because he has hair in this show.

I caught an ep of that 90s-00s Dick Van Dyke show Diagnosis Murder, and there was guy who's voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't place him. Then I realized it was Neal McDonough, except in this he had jet-black hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I caught an ep of that 90s-00s Dick Van Dyke show Diagnosis Murder, and there was guy who's voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't place him. Then I realized it was Neal McDonough, except in this he had jet-black hair.

He's also the helmsman in Star Trek: First Contact, the one who gets a suspiciously inordinate amount of screen time for a side character and then you realize its because he gets assimilated halfway through the movie.