Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/coolp1np/status/1313501078353215490?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lmao that’s not at all what she said but aight

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm going to create an algorithm that generates Chapo episode transcripts based solely from what people post about them on the internet, then feed that into whatever the deepfake audio generator is, and call it Chapo Trap House 2 or Chapo GPT3 House.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Realistically, how many people listen to Chapo because they hate them and can’t wait to “gotcha” them? 10% 20% seems like, insanely high.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She’s literally talking about the right wing when she says “no one understands disease at all”!

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The replies to that tweet are great

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Love Amber

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Its amazing how riled up people get about Amber

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Remember when the chapo reddit whined about Amber so much it got written up in the New York Times.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Eustace posted:

Its amazing how riled up people get about Amber

little munchkin posted:

Wonder what's different about amber specifically that people are getting mad at.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
cultural indoctrination against the koopa race

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I just want to add that "Seymour Skinner's Mancave" was an underdeveloped bit.

El Burbo posted:

She’s literally talking about the right wing when she says “no one understands disease at all”!
She's not wrong about the "bad air" thing. A friend of mine was so anxious about coronavirus that he was claiming that it's not safe to be on the street because passing joggers are leaving a trail of droplets behind them, and that it's not even safe to go to a mostly-empty beach because the wind currents are circulating everyone's breath up and down the coastline. I explained to him that this is called the miasma theory of disease and that it was discredited over a century ago.

A significant number of people were collecting every scrap of verified information they could about the problem, always assuming the worst-case projection, and then assembling these scientific facts into an unscientific belief. I think a lot of that has fallen by the wayside, though, because people are just exhausted with the prospect of trying to maintain cleanroom conditions in their home.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
If the miasma people are advocating for the same precautions we need against aerosol spread I don’t see how that’s a bad thing. Oh no they reached the exact right conclusion but just arrived there the wrong way, I guess the correct conclusion is therefore actually wrong

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

If the miasma people are advocating for the same precautions we need against aerosol spread I don’t see how that’s a bad thing. Oh no they reached the exact right conclusion but just arrived there the wrong way, I guess the correct conclusion is therefore actually wrong

They aren't.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The left could take some cues from this monolithic undifferentiated mass that acts in concert

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

only VAPID CUNTS don't know the difference between aerosol spread and the miasma theory of disease

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there are still people who wont go outside at all and bleach anything delivered to their house so

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Not just Americans either. Here's a Canadian reporter who thinks the virus is gonna survive on an envelope for days or weeks lol
https://twitter.com/AshleyBurr_/status/1313262439652155392

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

The idea of Trump gaining “sympathy” is just absolutely bonkers. Absolute misreading of his entire political persona.

Yup. It's why the "it's a hoax" takes that were being bandied about (or still are) were incredibly stupid from the get-go.

And he went and immediately said it's nothing to worry about open everything up! Which fucks up any "sympathy" to be gained from such a stunt.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Shipon posted:

said something correct that people online don't want to admit

prefect posted:

Will kinda sounded like he was saying Trump had been caught in hypocrisy, and was therefore "owned". I think he's being excessively optimistic.

Glad to see we have some folks in Amber's corner here. Count me in. They boys take that catching COVID and surviving it hurts Trump in any way is pretty wildly optimistic. If anything Trump can say that he 'owned' COVID. Just saw a headline that his approval ticked up to 46%.

So, how many world leaders have caught this thing so far? Bolsonaro, Trump, and Boris Johnson?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gfarrell80 posted:

Glad to see we have some folks in Amber's corner here. Count me in. They boys take that catching COVID and surviving it hurts Trump in any way is pretty wildly optimistic. If anything Trump can say that he 'owned' COVID. Just saw a headline that his approval ticked up to 46%.

Every poll taken since his diagnosis has show Biden growing his lead.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

THS posted:

there are still people who wont go outside at all and bleach anything delivered to their house so

Some people got immunocompromised kids.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

gfarrell80 posted:

So, how many world leaders have caught this thing so far? Bolsonaro, Trump, and Boris Johnson?

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1313584324063776770?s=20

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Is barnle Jim really dead or is that one of those online jokes I heard about?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People who thought Trump getting coronavirus would help him are being too clever by half.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Crankit posted:

Dikatana Ritsu confirms it

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Groovelord Neato posted:

People who thought Trump getting coronavirus would help him are being too clever by half.

Yeah many people I know think that Trump getting COVID is another reverse double fakeout 12D chess move, just no my god stop overthinking everything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Boston Herald is a poo poo paper.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

Will kinda sounded like he was saying Trump had been caught in hypocrisy, and was therefore "owned". I think he's being excessively optimistic.

It's not that he was caught being hypocritical, it's that saying a disease isn't poo poo and then getting put in hospital by it is an absolute bitch move and makes you look like a nerd wuss, the worst thing you can be in maga world

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crane Fist posted:

It's not that he was caught being hypocritical, it's that saying a disease isn't poo poo and then getting put in hospital by it is an absolute bitch move and makes you look like a nerd wuss, the worst thing you can be in maga world

I have unlimited faith in the ability of chuds to handwave away anything they don't like. (Maybe if he survives with serious, not-easily-hideable health problems, that could cool them down. Maybe.)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

he so easily couldve spun it in a way that makes him look sympathetic. even bolsonaro had all of those pictures of himself in a hospital bed. but hes instead just desperately trying to pretend that he was never sick at all and its a bad call imo. i dont think it helps him at all

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

I have unlimited faith in the ability of chuds to handwave away anything they don't like. (Maybe if he survives with serious, not-easily-hideable health problems, that could cool them down. Maybe.)

It might dampen their enthusiasm a bit but they'll still crawl over glass to vote for him so it's a wash honestly

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

dreffen posted:

Some people got immunocompromised kids.
Or house rabbits. There are actually two pandemics!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pretty much everything he and his people did made it look worse. I don't know if it's possible to botch it more than he and everyone who spoke to the media for him did.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

prefect posted:

Boston Herald is a poo poo paper.

I know it is, but that's a fairly significant swing even if the numbers are fudged around the edges.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nothus posted:

I know it is, but that's a fairly significant swing even if the numbers are fudged around the edges.

Yeah the gap probably isn't truly that wide but all polling shows Biden's lead widening.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Crankit posted:

I think he is really dead which is sad but I wish people were in touch with their feelings enough to weep about their friend they loved instead of trying to brutally own his corpse

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I think he is really dead which is sad but I wish people were in touch with their feelings enough to weep about their friend they loved instead of trying to brutally own his corpse

Would he have wanted tears, or to be hugely owned? Serious question I have no idea I never knew the guy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't think you understand the full length and breadth of the situation if you can look at this extended goodbye and think that it represents anything but a longing to connect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Its a weird situation where the only way people ever interacted with him online was by brutally owning him, so I dont think these people even have the capacity to mourn him without talking about his long rear end face