Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

owl_pellet posted:

Can't wait to go insane in hell

and also play HZD2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Blind Rasputin posted:

The GoT 1.1 patch drops on the 16th too, and those 4 person co-op and raids look super rad. I hope it owns!

Did I misread or is it not just the 2p stuff then, 4 p stuff later?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You are correct, the 4-player raid will not be live at launch.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

The 1.1 patch that launches on 10/16 has a 2-player online co-op mode with story missions, and 4-player online co-op mode with wave survival missions.

The 4-player online co-op raid will launch later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope you GOT guys get a Bloody Palace mode as well so the fights will last more than 2 minutes!

Especially with Co-op being a thing now. Barely enough Mongols for a single player!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RareAcumen posted:

I hope you GOT guys get a Bloody Palace mode as well so the fights will last more than 2 minutes!

Especially with Co-op being a thing now. Barely enough Mongols for a single player!

The co-op and survival missions aren’t part of the main game, so there should be plenty to go around. Honestly I’m mostly looking forward to the new charms and cosmetics for NG+, and an excuse to play through it again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the camera for these grind rail segments in crash 4 is extremely bad

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I'll be shocked if Far Zenith doesn't play a significant part in Horizon 2 or 3, it's a cool hook that they can be really creative with

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Man i never understand how some people set up their TVs. It's like they never want a TV to take up more than 5% of their visual field. Yes, larger TVs cost more, but sitting closer to it costs you nothing. The larger the TV gets, the further away they sit from it

acksplode posted:

TV mounted way too high above fireplace is a classic boomer move. (Along with having a fireplace)

Yeah definitely a boomer thing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i guess you don't need to sit close to a tv if it's being used as your radio to listen to fascist 24 hour news cycle

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

If you have somehow still not played Horizon Zero Dawn yet, the Complete Edition is currently $15AUD on Amazon AU.

edit: So is God of War!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'm finally playing through rdr2 and i'm on a date in st. denis at a vaudeville theater and a fire / belly dancer lady comes on stage. Off in the front, among the applause, some hayseed yells "this lady's exotic as all get out"

lost m'poo poo.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Looks like Days Gone just dropped on PS Now.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So Vampyr seems....extremely mediocre. It's got the choppy movement of something like Greedfall, the opening two hours rush so quickly through the PC's revelation and acceptance of being a vampire that by the time you reach the hospital he barely seems to give a poo poo, everyone so far is an unlikable cockney, and I literally sighed when I rested in a bed and all the enemies respawned when I walked back out. Like, don't deliberately remind me of Bloodborne, guys, I'm trying to give you a chance here.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think that pretty much covers what most of the reviews of the game said. It’s just very average.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dewgy posted:

The co-op and survival missions aren’t part of the main game, so there should be plenty to go around. Honestly I’m mostly looking forward to the new charms and cosmetics for NG+, and an excuse to play through it again.

Honestly, I don't know much about GOT aside from Showdown, the game gets easy super fast, stances, hot springs, and the environment gives you directions. I have no idea what the survival missions are. But hey you're sure it'll be alright so I'll hope for the best for you guys.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vampyr really want the story and conversation system to be the uh heart of the game but since all characters are essentially disposable none their stories ever go anywhere interesting.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

not entirely game related, tho i hope to play this on the ps4 soon

:3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpo-htThpYI

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’ve seen a few posts of people playing through Days Gone, how is it? I just started it and besides the motorbike controls being sluggish and awful as hell and there immediately being Batman vision, it seems cool enough for the price of free.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just have had zero interest in anything that dev has done since Bastion. That was p good though

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

RBA Starblade posted:

I just have had zero interest in anything that dev has done since Bastion. That was p good though

Supergiant is the only Always Good dev. Even their difficult 3rd album is great, just different.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

not entirely game related, tho i hope to play this on the ps4 soon

:3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpo-htThpYI

Hades is loving unreal man. It's so far beyond any of the combat based rougelites I've played. The combat is so satisfying and varied that even after probably 40 runs none of them have felt the same. and the story and presentation are top notch.

I'm gonna assume a Playstation version will hit sooner than later but you can always play it on PC if they. I will probably buy it again if it comes to Playstation. Playing it on Switch and actually kind of bummed there's no trophies. It would be a fun game to plat.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Unreal_One posted:

Supergiant is the only Always Good dev. Even their difficult 3rd album is great, just different.

Pyre is extremely good and up there with Hades imo. It never got old to dunk on a motherfucker and the story progression is unique and satisfying.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve seen a few posts of people playing through Days Gone, how is it? I just started it and besides the motorbike controls being sluggish and awful as hell and there immediately being Batman vision, it seems cool enough for the price of free.

Days Gone is a good game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Counterpoint: It's terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Its insanely mediocre

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first 65% of so of Days Gone is the definition of meh. Then the last 35% was pretty good actually but still not great. Hordes definitely significantly better than the rest of the game.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Blind Rasputin posted:

As someone who gets pretty inpatient and bounces off mediocre games, I played through all of Days Gone. It wasn't always good but it kept me going and had it's moments. Not bad at all for the price of free.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A lot of the criticisms of it are fair, but I had a drat good time with it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you don't like Ubisoft-style open-world games, then Days Gone probably won't excite you. The storytelling is also all over the place.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Days Gone is interestingly mediocre. It's fun in places and bad in others and I found it fun to try and pick at it and figure out what they did and what got cut and why is it that way and oh look here's a camper I can ransack! The story is so bizarre since they cut out all the dialogue options, like if Director's Cuts were actually a thing in video games I'd love to see this game fully realized instead of like them removing branching storylines so they just play both options' cutscenes in a single original choice back to back.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Wait, what’s all this about? It used to have branching cutscenes and stuff? What happened to the story. I thought the game was 100 hours long how is there not a solid story in there?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait, what’s all this about? It used to have branching cutscenes and stuff? What happened to the story. I thought the game was 100 hours long how is there not a solid story in there?

Watch the very first cutscene and tell me there's a solid story

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you don't like Ubisoft-style open-world games, then Days Gone probably won't excite you. The storytelling is also all over the place.

Counterpoint, I think it has a lot of things that set it apart from that style of game even if the overall structure is standard open world. I would say GOT is way more Ubisoft than Days Gone is.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blind Rasputin posted:

The game was originally planned to have dialogue options with branching cutscenes. Like go back and watch some of the E3 footage for the beginning of the game, there's dialogue options in the chat with the dude you're chasing after you catch him. Once you realize this and start watching some cutscenes, some of the weird breaks and ways they present the game make a bit more sense. There's a lot of story in this game that feels really bizarre like there's cutscene dialogue that trails off in a "We're going to let you decide what Deacon does next" kind of way then it snap cuts to Deacon standing a few feet away saying what sounds like a decision choice out loud. "I'm going to LET the SLAVE GO!"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo Day's Gone feels like less polished, open world TLOU for the first 75% and World War Z for the last 25%

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Playing Resi3 remake, did they tone down the gore big time from Re2make? I could have sworn you were able to shoot bits off zombies in 2

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I can see why someone might not like days gone as it is of the much maligned open world genre and it can be a bit bland at times but it plays well and has a certain degree of charm so it is most definitely not terrible

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Playing Resi3 remake, did they tone down the gore big time from Re2make? I could have sworn you were able to shoot bits off zombies in 2
I think you just don't have as many weapons to rip apart zombies. The shotgun still makes a mess of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ufarn posted:

I think you just don't have as many weapons to rip apart zombies. The shotgun still makes a mess of things.

I have that and I'm aiming at limbs but nothing's coming off :thunk: