Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Like hell I'm going to -pay- to play a BR game that has the stupid fortnite wall summoning poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy guacamole, it been years since I played Dirt Rally VR and apparently I did not retain my VR legs for it. I can fly around for hours in Squadrons but I had to emergency kill my first race on Dirt 2.0. Guess I am going to need to ease myself back into it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Population One looks soulless even for a BR game.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mischievous Mink posted:

Like hell I'm going to -pay- to play a BR game that has the stupid fortnite wall summoning poo poo.

it's $30 too
loving lol

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

bloodysabbath posted:

Cross post from the SW:SQ thread, but I’m running an Oculus Quest on the PC using link and Steam VR and it is the most frustrating poo poo.

Inevitably, after a while, this game starts to stutter. Not a *ton,* but frequently enough that it messes with the experience.

This shouldn’t happen, I’m running a 2080ti. Is the game that hosed or am I missing something super obvious and/or obscure?
Does this happen with other games? I was having issues with games running fine for a while and then progressively getting worse and it turned out my machine was just overheating and needed the dust cleaning out.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Anybody running Link needs to download the Oculus Tray Tool and gently caress with the settings until it dials in.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

bloodysabbath posted:

Cross post from the SW:SQ thread, but I’m running an Oculus Quest on the PC using link and Steam VR and it is the most frustrating poo poo.

Inevitably, after a while, this game starts to stutter. Not a *ton,* but frequently enough that it messes with the experience.

This shouldn’t happen, I’m running a 2080ti. Is the game that hosed or am I missing something super obvious and/or obscure?

Oculus hardware is busted with Star Wars Squadrons, they need to patch it on their end.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bloodysabbath posted:

Lol many people have been talking about exactly this very recently, read the thread!

1. Squadrons VR performance is fuuuucked, wait for a patch

2. If its fine at first but runs poo poo after awhile, it may be overheating. When was the last time you cleaned it? Else, see above.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Honestly, playing squinting makes me want to reinstall Valkarie instead

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Twibbit posted:

If you have to squint to play games that seems like it's a problem with your headset?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

If you have to squint to play games that seems like it's a problem with your headset?

Squadrons. drat phone keyboards and auto correct

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I'm hoping more than ever that XWVM manages to get a solid release before getting C&D-ed away forever or something.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Inacio posted:

it's $30 too
loving lol

:eyepop:

holy moley, all this time since I first heard of this game like last year, i had been under the impression it was f2p. 30 loving bucks? lmao RIP

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Twibbit posted:

star wars: squinting is basically how I'd describe the game with how blurry everything is :cheeky:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Who ITT has a vive pro? What do you think of it? Pulling the trigger on one in the next day or so.

Also I would be really interested in a thread poll on what headset everyone is using. I'm mad curious 🤔

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Penpal posted:

Who ITT has a vive pro? What do you think of it? Pulling the trigger on one in the next day or so.

Also I would be really interested in a thread poll on what headset everyone is using. I'm mad curious 🤔

I do, I love the poo poo out of mine. The bump in resolution is frankly amazing compared to the original Vive, and it's light as hell to boot. Sound quality's perfectly serviceable but nothing fancy. And I say that admitting I'll be replacing the onboard earcups with VR Ears when those arrive in the mail later in the year. If you're worried about the cable, wrap it in any commonly-available cable protector and never worry about it breaking underfoot or knotting up again.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Penpal posted:

CV1 here. Still the best controllers in the game

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Penpal posted:

Index crew checking in

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Penpal posted:

Index user, G2 curious

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

bloodysabbath posted:

It seemingly totally random as to who it works for as there are a bunch of people including me who it is running absolutely fine for.

Im below the minimum specs(1060/i7 6700k) and it runs fine for me despite the occasional stutter and I am having an absolute blast.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Index for me. I gave my cv1 to a friend, but all he does now is drink. I want it back, because another friend actually wants it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Penpal posted:

Rift S

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

CV1 here. Still the best controllers in the game

YEUP. CV1 right now, Q2 pre-ordered. Will decide if I want to stick with that or switch to a G2

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Lockback posted:

YEUP. CV1 right now, Q2 pre-ordered. Will decide if I want to stick with that or switch to a G2

Is there a date for the g2, and is it too late to pre-order? I was thinking about buying it, and selling either that or the index to me friend depending on which one I liked the best.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Odyssey+ here tbh. I'd love to get a Quest 2 but the Facebook account stuff put a wrench in the works and IDK when I'll get around to any upgrade.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Inacio posted:

it's $30 too
loving lol

And no crossbuy

I think the game looks fine for a cross-platform VRBR, and I think construction makes more sense here than it does in Fortnite (both because it's more limited and because this game's all about every surface being climbable), but $30 for a multiplayer-only game in VR with no crossbuy is just the dumbest goddamn thing.

Penpal posted:

Quest here, looking at the Quest 2. I've owned every Oculus headset aside from the Rift S, and used the Vive, Vive Pro, Index, and Odyssey+. I just keep going back to how good the Oculus controllers are, and I generally prefer mobile VR to tethered whenever I have the option, but I can't deny the G2 is looking very interesting.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Penpal posted:

Had an HP WMR, sold it, got a Rift S when they came out, sold it a year later and got a Quest.

Waiting on first adopter bugs to be smoothed out on Q2 before picking it up.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Still rockin the CV1 babeh

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Happyimp posted:

Index for me. I gave my cv1 to a friend, but all he does now is drink. I want it back, because another friend actually wants it.

drinking and VRing is like the best, wtf is he doing?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Penpal posted:

Rift S until hopefully another week or two when my Quest 2 should arrive.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Nuts and Gum posted:

drinking and VRing is like the best, wtf is he doing?

I know right! Guy is killing me. Most of the time I post here is after I've finished playing a drunken vr session. He mainly just plays call of duty and monster hunter now.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Penpal posted:

Dat dere Index and its dumb gimmick controllers.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Shine posted:

Dat dere Index and its dumb gimmick controllers.

I love the Index controllers fite me.

also it looks like Sony is copying the design for their next gen VR controllers so hell yeah bring on some standardization and cross-play! (I wish)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Vive 1 with index controllers

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Index

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
Index

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Rift S.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Vive with Wireless kit and a Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Penpal posted:

Let's make a poll
https://www.strawpoll.me/21061676

For reference