Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Slave owners penned and signed a document declaring all men are created equal and are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and people take them seriously 3 centuries later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tim Kaine

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
In the membrain

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

the onion started building a character for Tim Kaine that was just A Literal Child in October 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Theres a mirror in front of trump reflecting the lady in reds cleavage at the guy on the right.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
oh drat i thought that was trumps neck

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Theres a mirror in front of trump reflecting the lady in reds cleavage at the guy on the right.

That's Maria Bartiromo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Anyway the Al Smith dinner exists solely to subsidize pedophile hush payments, just like every other Catholic Charity.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Kurt Eichenwald

I was going to post something more specific involving him, but I'll leave you to pick your favourite!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
nipples protruding shamefully before Congress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tinstaach posted:

Kurt Eichenwald

I was going to post something more specific involving him, but I'll leave you to pick your favourite!

tentacle hentai

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
tentai

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Dan Savage doing a campaign to get Santorum defined as the mix of poo poo and semen after anal sex just to troll Rick Santorum. Also Savage claimed he licked Santorums hotel door knob during CPAC? when Savage had the flu.

I used to like politics a lot more back then. Or did I?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

“The Visonary”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats a really bad likeness of young rtump

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Kitfox88 posted:

nipples protruding shamefully before Congress

Trump was right on this one tbh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

paul_soccer12 posted:

Earlier this year when a trillion dollars was created and then disappeared

How much was it exactly? I thought it was 2.5 trillion but someone later said it was only half a trillion that disappeared in 15 minutes. This is apparently important because if you get the number wrong you're as big a liar as bernie sanders

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

amazing that we can spitball was it twelve bezoses or just three? and it doesn't even matter because money is fake

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
does sex addiction count as political poo poo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It couldn't have been me because I lost the ability to sweat for a couple years

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Krazyface posted:

It couldn't have been me because I lost the ability to sweat for a couple years

Palms aren't sweaty,
Queen's spaghetti

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do you guys remember Obama's tax structure had a benchmark at 250k, so there were lawyers and dentists etc trying to cut their income below 250k in order to avoid paying more taxes. Either due to sheer malice/fighting the man, or because in this country you can earn 250k+ and still not understand what a marginal progressive tax is

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/Economy/story%3fid=6975547&page=1

quote:

Dr. Sharon Poczatek, who runs her own dental practice in Boulder, Colo., said that she too is trying to figure out ways to get out of paying the taxes proposed in Obama's plan.

"I've put thought into how to get under $250,000," said Poczatek. "It would mean working fewer days which means having fewer employees, seeing fewer patients and taking time off."

"Generally it means being less productive," she said.

Poczatek argued that by reducing her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and byl treating fewer patients, she would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law.

Additionally, any interest from a checking or savings account or capital gains from stocks, would also count as taxable income.

"The motivation for a lot of people like me -- dentists, entrepreneurs, lawyers -- is that the more you work the more money you make," said Poczatek. "But if I'm going to be working just to give it back to the government -- it's de-motivating and demoralizing."

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Do you guys remember Obama's tax structure had a benchmark at 250k, so there were lawyers and dentists etc trying to cut their income below 250k in order to avoid paying more taxes. Either due to sheer malice/fighting the man, or because in this country you can earn 250k+ and still not understand what a marginal progressive tax is

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/Economy/story%3fid=6975547&page=1

in those dumb loving idiots’ defense, the american public school system does a really poor job on explaining taxes in general and progressive taxes specifically, likely because it benefits those in power not to do so

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Yeah that's fair, I can't blame them too much for being ignorant.

I can, however, blame them for giving an interview to a national news outlet describing their plan to reduce their employees' hours, turn away customers, and slash their own income without stopping to double check themselves

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I remember getting lunch in the financial district and two guys in front of me were discussing doing exactly that, and they were very obviously bank analysts, which made me so baffled. Literally a basic piece of knowledge of your job. Like a mechanic who doesn't know how to use a wrench.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Wait, American proffessionals believe that earning less is exactly the same thing as earning more? That's very strange and peculiar.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Prurient Squid posted:

Wait, American proffessionals believe that earning less is exactly the same thing as earning more? That's very strange and peculiar.

americans get dumber with more power and money

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Prurient Squid posted:

they absolutely 100% believed that obummer was a closet marxist who wanted to implement a 99% flat tax, send in the UN to confiscate their guns, and gay marry them to their pets

the idea that he wasn't interested in actual change and was only offering a technocratic, incremental shift was such a foreign concept to them that they assumed the correct explanation must be wrong

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still think the communist boogeyman obama of hysterical right wing fears sounds like a real cool guy.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

WHY BONER NOW posted:

if someone manages their withholding very closely to avoid getting a refund and then messes it up there's a penalty

also some people are just plain angry about tax brackets

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

paul_soccer12 posted:

Earlier this year when a trillion dollars was created and then disappeared

That was amazing

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
President My Boss

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Gobblecoque posted:

President My Boss

raprock myboss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

How much was it exactly? I thought it was 2.5 trillion but someone later said it was only half a trillion that disappeared in 15 minutes. This is apparently important because if you get the number wrong you're as big a liar as bernie sanders

it was 1.5 trillion on March 12, here's the notice from the fed. https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/opolicy/operating_policy_200312a?mod=article_inline

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the fact that they had to mint these ceremonial coins and parade them over to the treasury or w/e had enormous Large Air Force Sword / Parliamentary Mace energy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
bullet farmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

frankenfreak posted:

bullet farmer

What was this?