Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Elmnt80 posted:

I'm having to resist the urge to buy the $200 12ft tall skelly boi at home depot. I'd leave that poo poo up year round.

I saw that thing on one of the first days of Halloween decorations and holy poo poo. Yeah, if I had the cash for that I would have bought it immediately.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I burg'd. It was good.
And goddamn I want that coin for when the almighty cheeto finally succumbs.

https://i.imgur.com/zNXmP0u.gifv

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

kastein posted:

It's from a one-way onto a one-way, as far as I know. I may be wrong. The exception is "unless there's a sign saying not to." I can think of several intersections only a block or two apart in Worcester where you could run into each of these situations in turn.

Interesting that it's in Washington too, I guess it'll feel like home.

Washington is even more lax. It's even from a two-way onto a one-way. It's a logically sound maneuver but obviously not a hard expectation. I know of about two places in the whole state that I've consistently done it.

Another one is turning to or from a center dedicated turn lane. In WA you're supposed to use it in both cases, both merging into it and turning off or turning into it and merging over. Apparently some states want you to always cut entirely across it when entering a road that has one. :shrug:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I burg'd. It was good.
And goddamn I want that coin for when the almighty cheeto finally succumbs.

https://i.imgur.com/zNXmP0u.gifv

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have joined the "personally know someone who died of Covid " club.

gently caress.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It sucks because we hadn't spoken in a long time and I just found out that he died 3 weeks ago. Used to play video games on Fridays til dawn.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Elmnt80 posted:

I'm having to resist the urge to buy the $12ft tall skelly boi at home depot. I'd leave that poo poo up year round.
I happened to be inside home depot for the first time this year the day those came out. We bought one and strapped him sitting in the back of the Ford. A week later they were sold out around here and someone offered us many times what we paid for it...so now we don't have a 12ft skeleton.

Rhyno posted:

Sorry man :glomp:

Parents drove down with the camper and three dogs from WI and got a nice spot at a camp ground ~15 minutes away. They quarantined before the trip, my youngest brother has been working from home and we've been doing the same. Middle brother and his girlfriend are idiots so they haven't and I know they aren't wearing masks like they're supposed to. Did family photos Sunday night when they rolled into town then hung out with them yesterday afternoon, hanging out with them again today I think. We're outside and I'm distancing what I can but I feel guilty for not wearing a mask, mostly when middle brother is around. Stress of that and socializing for the first time in ~9 months is wearing me the gently caress out.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ranzear posted:

Washington is even more lax. It's even from a two-way onto a one-way. It's a logically sound maneuver but obviously not a hard expectation. I know of about two places in the whole state that I've consistently done it.

Another one is turning to or from a center dedicated turn lane. In WA you're supposed to use it in both cases, both merging into it and turning off or turning into it and merging over. Apparently some states want you to always cut entirely across it when entering a road that has one. :shrug:

oregon is also from anything onto a one-way. pro-tip: freeway on-ramps count as one-way streets. so there are lots of spots where i, as a visitor, was surprised to see lots of what i thought were scofflaws until a local straightened me out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ranzear posted:

i dont understand this, need diagram

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Elmnt80 posted:

I'm having to resist the urge to buy the $12ft tall skelly boi at home depot. I'd leave that poo poo up year round.

Costco has a motion sensitive banjo playing skelly that I am probably going to grab.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife couldn't find the prescriptions she just filled and it dawned on me where they ended up so I just duh through our trash bin what a great morning I am having.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Scrapple, onion, and provolone burger.
Onions get cooked under the burger so they steam faster and the burg catches the flavor.

Buns were toasted after spreading mayo on them.

Rhyno posted:

gently caress.

gently caress. Sorry bud.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
scrapple fuckin slaps, good on ya

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

gently caress.

Same, though he was a right wing chud who defended the lost cause theory IN loving MASSACHUSETTS and was a police officer, so we basically haven't talked in 4 or so years and barely talked since like 7 years ago, so it was more "well that sucks for his kids but I'm not surprised at all" than anything else. Sorry you lost an actual friend, dude :sigh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just wish we hadn't lost touch.

I'm shamelessly stealing what a mutual friend wrote about Curtis because I am no good with words and this guy was his best friend.

quote:

Heaven is a little brighter, but the world is a little darker with the loss of one of the brightest lights I knew. My friend Curtis passed away yesterday. I use the term friend to keep things simple, because Curt was so much more than just a friend.
As my roommate for over 12 years, he grew to be more like a 2nd brother to me. The only people I have spent more time with would be my parents and my brother.
One of the big roles he had was that of a gamer. Be it a card game, board game, dice game, RPG, video game or computer game, Curt was ready to game. And it was never about winning with Curt. For him it was having fun with those at the table. I remember early on when I was asked to help demo the Star Wars Miniatures game at Books Comics and Things, I talked Curt into helping because I knew he would be better at getting people interested. Books sold out of all the Star Wars minis that day because every person who sat down to learn from Curt had so much fun, how could you not want to have this game. None of the other demos came close.
Moving to another of Curt’s facets... entertainment. He knew movies and TV shows, and of course Anime, even though I never got into that. Curt could spend a little time with you and would be able to recommend something for you to check out. Nine out of ten times, he would be spot on.
Let's look at sports. Many times we would flip over to catch the Reds on TV. Curt would always pull for them, win or lose. He was never just a fair weather fan. And right now I feel I may need to pull for his Islander’s who still have a shot at the Stanley Cup. And we’re just shy of Curt’s favorite time of the year… NFL Football. Die hard Colt’s fan, and still pulling for his childhood team, the Bengals, unless it was against the Colt’s. Going out to the various bars/restaurants over the years with friends, and more recently sticking at Buffalo Wild Wings with his family and other football friends was a Sunday staple for so long. Things were going to be different this year anyway due to all the social distancing and safeguards, but now things will never be the same.
Heroic and calm under pressure. We had a dryer fire in the house once. I was a wreck, totally freaking out, trying to figure out what to do. Curt simply grabbed a phone to call 911. Got that ball rolling and then went to work trying to get me to calm down. “Help is coming Bret. Why don’t you go move your car to make it easier for the Fire Department to have access?” How much room they would need, who knows. Curt gave me something to do, to change my focus. Somehow he knew what would help me at that moment and made it happen.
Humor. Curt always had something to share to make you laugh. Be it a YouTube video to share, a one-liner that would fit the situation, or one of the many inside jokes he had with different groups of friends, Curt could bring the smile to you face. And somehow he always knew when you needed that smile, and gave it to you at just the right moment.
There are still so many words to help describe Curt… loyal, reliable, patient, joyful, peaceful, kind, caring, and many more.
For those of you lucky enough to have known Curtis, I believe you would agree that I have barely scratched the surface of all the wonderful ways in which he made our lives so much brighter. For those of you who never got the opportunity to get to know Curt, as heartbroken as I am for the loss of this shining beacon of a man, I feel for you that your lives weren’t made better through knowing him.
Curtis, my friend, my brother, thank you for making my life a whole lot better. I miss you so much already, but I take comfort in knowing that someday, God will decide it is my time to take a seat at your heavenly game table, and we will meet again.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Because I'm a giant manchild..

https://i.imgur.com/eKD3jUj.gifv

Goober Peas posted:

Halloween was 3 months ago. We're clearly celebrating Christmas according to retail.

You're not wrong, according to Lowe's.

Rhyno posted:

I'm up to 3, with a 4th that was exhibiting all the typical signs of COVID, but tested negative at the hospital. Went onto a ventilator within a few hours of arriving at the ER, dead about 12 hours later. :sigh: Half family, half friends so far. My mother and stepfather both had somewhat mild cases as well, I was a loving wreck during that.

Sorry for your loss.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 6, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

meatpimp posted:

Get your "Trump Defeats COVID" commemorative coin before they're gone!

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/trump-defeats-covid.htm

Ugh, I made the mistake of reading some of the "Note from the designer."

Sorry for you folk who have lost people due to COVID. I'm not sure how I've escaped knowing anyone who died yet.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I was talking to one of my friends on the phone last night and he told me that he thinks Trump has a body double and that he's actually really sick and dying.

Man these really are crazy times.

There is no way to tell what is even real anymore.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

There is no way to tell what is even real anymore.

Literally, it's hard not to get apathetic over all of it.

Every time someone tells me a story they read or heard about these days (did you hear THIS? Did you see about THAT?) and expects me to take it as gospel because it's from them (family, friends) just makes me roll my eyes like why the gently caress should I believe any of it? Oh because you told me? Ok.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Literally, it's hard not to get apathetic over all of it.

Every time someone tells me a story they read or heard about these days (did you hear THIS? Did you see about THAT?) and expects me to take it as gospel because it's from them (family, friends) just makes me roll my eyes like why the gently caress should I believe any of it? Oh because you told me? Ok.

The things I've been hearing from people close to me have gotten crazier and crazier over the past few years.

People that I would otherwise find to be really smart are coming out of nowhere talking about Q-anon tier poo poo.

Speaking of, the Q Anon stuff has gotten way bigger than I could have ever imagined. Just looking into it at a glance there are huge groups devoted to it. Completely insane considering it originated from a series of 4chan posts in 2015 that were specifically designed to troll boomers with no internet acumen that were coming onto the site for political takes.

It's really wild.

I imagine this is what it must have been like to live in the soviet union right before the collapse.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

Speaking of, the Q Anon stuff has gotten way bigger than I could have ever imagined.

You know, I've heard of this and never really looked into it so I had no idea what it really was all about.

I just read some of the wiki page about it and.....Ugh.

Somebody burn down the internet please

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Rhyno posted:

I'm shamelessly stealing what a mutual friend wrote about Curtis because I am no good with words and this guy was his best friend.

Man that's such a nice write up about your friend. Listening to Cloud Cult while I read it and must be dusty in here or something :'(

I don't know anyone that has died from it yet but thinking about all the friends and family that people are losing every day is so heartbreaking. Nothing will ever be the same even after. All of those people are gone forever and the people that survive have to live without them and think about them all the time and miss them like crazy

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

64bit_Dophins posted:

Speaking of, the Q Anon stuff has gotten way bigger than I could have ever imagined. Just looking into it at a glance there are huge groups devoted to it. Completely insane considering it originated from a series of 4chan posts in 2015 that were specifically designed to troll boomers with no internet acumen that were coming onto the site for political takes.

I knew QAnon was conspiracy theory bullshit, but I had no idea it came from 4chan of all places. I wonder if any of the adherents would continue to believe if they were made to understand that (which would be a difficult enough task - they just scream "fake news" at anything they don't want to hear.)

Speaking of, an aunt of mine replied to my FaceBook post regarding Trump and the Proud Boys, mentioning fake news. I just replied that she could stop talking right there, since she had just destroyed any credibility she had at that point just by invoking the concept. I don't wish to alienate family, but I'm not putting up with that poo poo any more. Sadly, since I'm 51, all my aunts and uncles are Boomers, and we're a Catholic family, so I have a bunch.
I really cannot fathom the mindset that praises Trump and his actions.Especially when you're middle-class working folks, like that aunt I mentioned is. FYGM doesn't translate well when you ain't got yours.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Today is my roommate's birthday. I'm not social, particularly since I'm high risk and COVID and all that poo poo. He and a couple of friends went down to... some beach. Not sure which. They might be back tonight, they may not be (I'm hoping for not).

Figured I'd go buy him a new water pipe or bubbler for his bday (admittedly, because I WANT MINE BACK).

I left the shop with a nice mini-water pipe (borderline between bubbler and "water pipe") and the phone number of the owner of the shop. He seems like a nice enough guy, but uh... I'm not into older guys. At all. Kinda shocked his gaydar was THAT good that he picked up on me, I rarely trip any gaydar.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This is the best.

64bit_Dophins posted:

I was talking to one of my friends on the phone last night and he told me that he thinks Trump has a body double and that he's actually really sick and dying.

The first part is wrong, no living person could possibly resemble the blobbish monstrosity trump - just practicing how to stand that loving stupid would take an actor a lifetime to learn.
The second part is almost certainly true. 74 year old idiotfucker with no physical fitness in his history who eats nothing but Filet-o-Fish, there is literally no way he doesn't have high blood pressure, diabetes, and all the possible co-morbidities available.

The fat loving clown has infected half the pentagon now, and the markets just ate poo poo (before a last second minor rebound) because he has instructed his toadies in the Senate to stop work on a stimulus package because he's holding it ransom for his own re-election.

If I'm China, Russia, Iran, or any of our many many many enemies we've made over the last 20 years of unsolicited war in the middle east, now is the time to wreak the havoc you've been waiting for. Everyone hold onto their asses please.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Edie Van Halen is dead, gently caress 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Well, poo poo.
gently caress cancer, too.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

drat this year is just a series of never ending Ls

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is the best.

The first part is wrong, no living person could possibly resemble the blobbish monstrosity trump - just practicing how to stand that loving stupid would take an actor a lifetime to learn.
The second part is almost certainly true. 74 year old idiotfucker with no physical fitness in his history who eats nothing but Filet-o-Fish, there is literally no way he doesn't have high blood pressure, diabetes, and all the possible co-morbidities available.

The fat loving clown has infected half the pentagon now, and the markets just ate poo poo (before a last second minor rebound) because he has instructed his toadies in the Senate to stop work on a stimulus package because he's holding it ransom for his own re-election.

If I'm China, Russia, Iran, or any of our many many many enemies we've made over the last 20 years of unsolicited war in the middle east, now is the time to wreak the havoc you've been waiting for. Everyone hold onto their asses please.

It's real bad. I have had to count my blessings daily because I'm actually stable financially for the first time in my life. If I were unemployed or struggling with money I would probably have lost my mind at least twice by now.

I'm sure living in your car on heroin is way worse these days than it was 2 years ago.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

gently caress cancer, too.

Yep

I'm a huge fan of his, can't believe I just spelled his name wrong but i'm still kind of in shock

I'll never forget as a kid hearing the first Van Halen album and being blown away by what I heard. Doesn't happen too much these days anymore, it's all been done and what's left are the imitators.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

64bit_Dophins posted:

It's real bad. I have had to count my blessings daily because I'm actually stable financially for the first time in my life. If I were unemployed or struggling with money I would probably have lost my mind at least twice by now.

I'm sure living in your car on heroin is way worse these days than it was 2 years ago.

Good on you for getting your poo poo together :)

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Rhyno posted:

I am so sorry for your loss, he sounds like an amazing human, the world is a worse place :(

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Hi all, been lurking a while but finally have a driveable car that isn't a Lada perpetually waiting for parts and I wanted to show it off.
Got it just in time so I don't have to worry riding the motorcycle in rain and on fallen leaves.

Pretty happy with this.

Is there a thread on Nissans and Infinitis? I couldn't find one during all my lurking :shobon:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Finally figured out I saw a BMW i8 the other day, southbound on I-5. Completely threw me because it was wider and stubbier than I ever expected and it was dark blue and black instead of that same silver and blue scheme I'd think they all came in.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Trump has finally done something to combat white supremacists. He gave Stephen Miller covid19, it seems!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kastein posted:

Trump has finally done something to combat white supremacists. He gave Stephen Miller covid19, it seems!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the virus.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

kastein posted:

I'm torn between wanting the virus to not affect most of the population and wanting this particular instance of the virus to just go full yolo despite the fact Miller isn't particularly vulnerable other than being male.

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Is there a thread on Nissans and Infinitis? I couldn't find one during all my lurking :shobon:

I don't think so, but congrats on a great purchase. If you have any random issues with the car just post here, besides myself I'm sure there are a fair number of people in this forum who owned that car / some variation and can help you fix any issues. I would call it a very easy car to work on if necessary, you wouldn't believe how much easier it is to change a radiator on a 350Z vs something like an Acura RSX.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

e: holy poo poo my memory is just gone these days

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 7, 2020

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

STR posted:

Yesterday was roommate's birthday. He went down to.. one of the gulf coast beaches (I forget which, but there's a couple within 2-3 hours) for the day with a couple of friends. I was on call for work (we've had several people quit), so I stayed home.

Went to a shop to get him a new smoking accessory. Got a discount on it and a somewhat creepy dude's phone #. :stare: I don't even know how he knew I was gay, I don't poo poo rainbows or generally come across as gay IRL, as far as I know.

I'm guessing from posting twice you got your pipe back :classiclol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

uhm.

Oops. I don't even have a good excuse aside from "just woke up".

I am kinda annoyed roommate didn't even mention anything about his new pipe yet.. but he didn't get home until about 2am.

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is the best.

I kind of want to cut the index finger off and flip it around, but that might get me shot. :v:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 7, 2020