Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

(read right to left)

On the importance of dollar stores:

When you go out with your wife 'cause she deserves the break:

from Way of the Househusband vol 4, which also features possibly the most hilarious beach volleyball game on anything drawn, plus more. Go read this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Reminded me of this strip about shopping in Japan from Mary Cagle's "Let's Speak English" (linking because I don't know this thread's policy on posting webcomics).

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

SubNat posted:

It's about 50:50 a shounen fantasy battle highschooler superpower series, and a sequence of excellent cats.

That cat knows those two are going to gently caress but he's just so done with it.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Keromaru5 posted:

Reminded me of this strip about shopping in Japan from Mary Cagle's "Let's Speak English" (linking because I don't know this thread's policy on posting webcomics).

It's a cute strip but my broken brain apparently tries to read any black and white comics right-to-left now :v:

From Superman #238 (1971), what might be the stupidest possible origin for the planet Krypton.. and possibly still canon if no one bothered to retcon it?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Snackmar posted:

It's a cute strip but my broken brain apparently tries to read any black and white comics right-to-left now :v:

From Superman #238 (1971), what might be the stupidest possible origin for the planet Krypton.. and possibly still canon if no one bothered to retcon it?

That’s right kids, we’re all horrifically inbred!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

How else do you end up with a race that's basically allergic to their own sun.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Snackmar posted:

Why is his space craft shaped like a dick?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or marvels at the ability of a one minute story to hold the students attention for the entire duration.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

(Action Comics #289, 1962)

Foxfire_ fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 7, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I'm just saying this normal thoughts out loud to you Kara. It's not like I would ever act upon them, like people here on Earth can. I just felt that I should mention them should you ever feel the same way. You should let me know and maybe we could visit those places. Haha."

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
"My cousin is so beautiful; I'm always saying if Kara wasn't my cousin we'd probably be dating."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess

(I was debating whether to put this here or in the Badass Panels thread, but in the end decided for here.)

The framing of this story is two friends playing an otome game and somehow their comments can be heard by some of the characters, and they use that to steer the story in the direction they want to (to avoid the Bad End, of course). But that's not really important for these pages.

A bunch of kids are students at a magic school. Artur (the long haired guy in these pages) asks his friend Sieg to introduce him to Finne (the girl, Sieg is the guy standing next to her in the first panel), because Finne is apparently very skilled at healing and support magic and Artur wants to ask her to switch classes and study to become a priestess and healer. Sieg replies, "But that's not actually true." Artur asks "What do you mean?", and Sieg says he will show him.

(Read right to left.)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

"We can't get married, Supergirl! Trust me, I've extensively checked the law regarding this in every jurisdiction and it would be very illegal for me to marry you! I would, though, if I could! Anyway, have a nice rest of the comic!"

It's a classic panel for a reason. So uniquely unnerving.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Push El Burrito posted:

Why is his space craft shaped like a dick?

Why are ours?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Android Blues posted:

"We can't get married, Supergirl! Trust me, I've extensively checked the law regarding this in every jurisdiction and it would be very illegal for me to marry you! I would, though, if I could! Anyway, have a nice rest of the comic!"

It's a classic panel for a reason. So uniquely unnerving.

So Kara went with her second choice, a horse.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Mikl posted:

Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess

(I was debating whether to put this here or in the Badass Panels thread, but in the end decided for here.)

The framing of this story is two friends playing an otome game and somehow their comments can be heard by some of the characters, and they use that to steer the story in the direction they want to (to avoid the Bad End, of course). But that's not really important for these pages.

A bunch of kids are students at a magic school. Artur (the long haired guy in these pages) asks his friend Sieg to introduce him to Finne (the girl, Sieg is the guy standing next to her in the first panel), because Finne is apparently very skilled at healing and support magic and Artur wants to ask her to switch classes and study to become a priestess and healer. Sieg replies, "But that's not actually true." Artur asks "What do you mean?", and Sieg says he will show him.

(Read right to left.)

I like the punch a lot. Her face is perfect. I also will never get tired of the Yakuza househusband. :allears:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I went looking for a means to read more Way of the Househusband, and there's a live action version?!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=McVsBG7iLaQ

It is funny as hell, and the mix of live with anime effects in the bike scene is really neat!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Tradd Moore has an amusing backup story in Amazing Spider-Man 49/850.

It's basically just an excuse for him to draw Spider-Man, a knight, and a dog wizard, but that all works for me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love Tradd Moore, but I'm not sure a heavily-armored knight is really the best use of his style.

Spider-Man is pretty much the perfect use of it, though.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I went looking for a means to read more Way of the Househusband, and there's a live action version?!

There is a live action version, airing next week in fact, but that video doesn't have anything to do with it. That was filmed last year as a promotion for the manga. The series will have a different actor.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Tradd Moore has an amusing backup story in Amazing Spider-Man 49/850.

It's basically just an excuse for him to draw Spider-Man, a knight, and a dog wizard, but that all works for me.

Looks like Spidey heard someone say 'thick thighs save lives' and took it literally.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From Transformers / Back to the Future #1. Starscream has some words for Biff Tannen.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #20 (1941)

The Fantastic Four #12 (1963)

The Mighty Marvel Superheroes' Cookbook (1977)

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Saga #2 (1995)

Criminal Mastermind (2016)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Iron Man #217

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Took me a moment. God drat, Tony.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

No-prize explanation: the lady is a mutant with two buttholes, and is naked from the waist down. She knows what kind of man Tony Stark is.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Woebin posted:

No-prize explanation: the lady is a mutant with two buttholes, and is naked from the waist down. She knows what kind of man Tony Stark is.

My mind didn't even go there, trap sprung I guess. I was chuckling at Tony's backhanded "You are the most beautiful woman I have seen this lunch break" compliment.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Grendels Dad posted:

My mind didn't even go there, trap sprung I guess. I was chuckling at Tony's backhanded "You are the most beautiful woman I have seen this lunch break" compliment.

And then Tony sang this song.

[video type=""]https://youtu.be/9jLDZjMF3tk[/video]

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

And then Tony sang this song.

[video type=""]https://youtu.be/9jLDZjMF3tk[/video]

LOL, that immediately came to mind too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So apparently Dr Strange is appearing in Spider-man 3, and all I want is this scene played out on screen

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

More Eleceed.
(It's free to read on webtoons.com, for anyone interested.)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Nipponophile posted:

There is a live action version, airing next week in fact, but that video doesn't have anything to do with it. That was filmed last year as a promotion for the manga. The series will have a different actor.

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I'd seen on some site that a live action version was coming out this month, searched YT, and assumed that was it/a clip of it.

Still drat funny, the reveal on "the new guy's first day on the job" had me giggling like an idiot.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Infinitum posted:

So apparently Dr Strange is appearing in Spider-man 3, and all I want is this scene played out on screen

Doctor Strange 390 is one of my all time favorite issues. I pray that the on screen relationship between Strange and Peter is as good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bucnasti posted:

Doctor Strange 390 is one of my all time favorite issues. I pray that the on screen relationship between Strange and Peter is as good.

What is happening to Spider-Man’s head in that last panel

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

thetoughestbean posted:

What is happening to Spider-Man’s head in that last panel
lookit this guy: never seen a ghost dog!

The_Other posted:

From Transformers / Back to the Future #1. Starscream has some words for Biff Tannen.

this is a thing?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Infinitum posted:

There's an extremely strong chance this issue is one of the catalysts for the casting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

InsertPotPun posted:

lookit this guy: never seen a ghost dog!

this is a thing?

There is a Delorean Transformer.

(Last year there was a crossover with Ghostbusters, which IDW currently does a comic for. There was an Ecto-1 Transformer.)

(This year there will also be a Top Gun F-14 Transformer. It comes with a little volleyball.)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Infinitum posted:

drat. I forgot the *sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

(Legion of Substitute Heroes Special #1)