Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I dunno man, Acuna blasted a 495' dinger and I actually saw that one land

https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/1309638469044428800

Still having trouble thinking that Stanton home run was almost 40' shorter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress!!! Tomorrow's Atlanta-Miami game is the one on MLB Network which Hulu TV does not appear to have. I did hear somewhere that MLB Network would be doing the "free preview" thing that I remember them doing last year for a playoff game when I had regular cable but idk if Hulu will do the same.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Astros are absolutely going to the World Series as the most villainous heel team of all time. You love to see it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The Astros are absolutely going to the World Series as the most villainous heel team of all time. You love to see it.

Fits in with 2020 theme

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

gently caress!!! Tomorrow's Atlanta-Miami game is the one on MLB Network which Hulu TV does not appear to have. I did hear somewhere that MLB Network would be doing the "free preview" thing that I remember them doing last year for a playoff game when I had regular cable but idk if Hulu will do the same.

If it makes you feel better, I have YouTube TV and can't watch the rest of the series, including today's game, on anything but my crappy laptop.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is Oakland-Miami or Tampa-Miami the MLB beancounters' nightmare?

blossommirage posted:

If it makes you feel better, I have YouTube TV and can't watch the rest of the series, including today's game, on anything but my crappy laptop.
Like you can't cast it to a TV? I had YT TV before Hulu and it worked fine with Chromecast devices.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

blossommirage posted:

Get an HDMI cable and plug in into your TV+computer/laptop

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah. I think previous years I DNS'd around on MLB.TV for these MLBN games but I feel like I'm gonna just find a stream somewhere honestly.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Like you can't cast it to a TV? I had YT TV before Hulu and it worked fine with Chromecast devices.

Nah, they just dropped Fox Sports networks entirely. I found out about three minutes before the game started.

humpthewind posted:

Get an HDMI cable and plug in into your TV+computer/laptop

I was feeling lazy and had to do some work anyway, but I might do that for game three. Thank you!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

blossommirage posted:

Nah, they just dropped Fox Sports networks entirely. I found out about three minutes before the game started.

Those are the Sinclair stations. FS1 is on YouTube TV.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That felt as important as a game one can in a best of 5. Kershaw will like the cavernous outfield tomorrow at least.

This sounds bad

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1313721769350426626

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 7, 2020

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Clevinger about to end his whole career

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Dodgers with zero groundball outs tonight, that can't happen all that often

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Edward Mass posted:

Those are the Sinclair stations. FS1 is on YouTube TV.

Yeah, they only dropped the regional networks. Which still sucks and has me considering moving back to actual cable (:barf:) since I can just bundle it with my internet.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Padres have a new fat pitcher for everyone to love. 2 1/2 years ago he was dominating high schoolers.

yeah, that dude's 20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m just amazed by the amount of A ball guys making their debuts this year

Weathers in particular, because the last time he saw live hitters was a year ago in Low A

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh I love me some BEEF BOYS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bewbies posted:

The Padres have a new fat pitcher for everyone to love. 2 1/2 years ago he was dominating high schoolers.

yeah, that dude's 20

More like 239

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1313848056576643073
Links in replies may be useful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

None of that will work and maybe 12 people will be able to stream it

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

bewbies posted:

yeah, that dude's 20

Trade him to the Blue Jays STAT

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

boroda posted:

Dodgers with zero groundball outs tonight, that can't happen all that often
sure was something alright

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is there any thought that MLB instituting "bubbles" for the LCS and World Series rounds could be a trial balloon for making those neutral-site series in the future?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

General Dog posted:

Is there any thought that MLB instituting "bubbles" for the LCS and World Series rounds could be a trial balloon for making those neutral-site series in the future?

I don't think they are ever going to want them to be neutral site in a normal year with full fan attendance possible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah that seems like a huge financial loser and I doubt a lot of teams would be happy about giving up a lot of the aspects of home field advantage as well as the revenue of it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah that seems like a huge financial loser and I doubt a lot of teams would be happy about giving up a lot of the aspects of home field advantage as well as the revenue of it.

Sorry you lost 50 million last year how about we take playoff gate from you this year.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

STAC Goat posted:

Precisely. Between local advertising, gate revenue, concessions, parking lot revenue and anything else ancillary that they can use to hide revenue from the union, especially because postseason earnings are essentially free money to the teams outside of player playoff shares, there is absolutely no way ownership would accede to that.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/jjcoop36/status/1313908895769919493

:rip:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why? Why do sports people on Twitter people love the term "a fait accompli" so much?

Sorry I know this has nothing to do with baseball, I just never see anyone use that term but sports writers on Twitter.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Popete posted:

Why? Why do sports people on Twitter people love the term "a fait accompli" so much?

Sorry I know this has nothing to do with baseball, I just never see anyone use that term but sports writers on Twitter.

It has a long history of usage meaning essentially meaning "done deal" or something that's inevitable. And by long I mean dating back to something like the 1800s. You'll see it a lot in business and legal writing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Timby posted:

Precisely. Between local advertising, gate revenue, concessions, parking lot revenue and anything else ancillary that they can use to hide revenue from the union, especially because postseason earnings are essentially free money to the teams outside of player playoff shares, there is absolutely no way ownership would accede to that.

What about the owners who never expect to make it that far?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

People on twitter love using legalese and latin phrases to sound smarter than they are. Nothing new.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

People on twitter love using legalese and latin phrases to sound smarter than they are. Nothing new.

"Fait accompli" is French. :eng101:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Timby posted:

"Fait accompli" is French. :eng101:

I hope you get hit by a bus.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankee El Gary era might be over.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I hope you get hit by a bus.

Dying is a fait accompli for all of us.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
gently caress you, Astros.

mcmagic posted:

The A's are only second in being gagging jokes to the Twins. Should contract both.

Not contract but..........Combining the A's team wages with the Twins gets the combined team to #3 in payroll though! That should help.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 7, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The A's are only second in being gagging jokes to the Twins. Should contract both.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I wasn't watching the game earlier but apparently the ump hosed up and Adam Duvall flied out on a 4-2 pitch in the second inning

https://streamable.com/gyuiol

Pretty incredible umpiring failure in the postseason!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Keyser_Soze posted:

gently caress you, Astros.