Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I'm strongly leaning towards benching Kenyan Drake this week, which I'm sure means he will explode for 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I'm strongly leaning towards benching Kenyan Drake this week, which I'm sure means he will explode for 50.
Same. I have viable replacements but I'm really annoyed at the guy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Here's a question for you...would you trade the entire Rams backfield (Akers, Brown, Henderson) for Joe Mixon in a dynasty league?

Fwiw I'd do it. Mixon is the guy for the Bengals, who knows whether any of the three Rams RBs will actually be good enough to establish themselves as the guy, or whether there even will be a bellcow at all. Mixon has talent and Bengals offense looks to be heading the right direction with Burrow and Higgins. Two extra roster spots is also not nothing.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Yeah. Luckily for me I own him in 2(two!) leagues so I’m going to bench him in one and play him in the other so if he goes off like he should I’ll get a piece of it somewhere. Also I only have Ingram and D. Harris in that league so not much of a choice.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sourdough posted:

Fwiw I'd do it. Mixon is the guy for the Bengals, who knows whether any of the three Rams RBs will actually be good enough to establish themselves as the guy, or whether there even will be a bellcow at all. Mixon has talent and Bengals offense looks to be heading the right direction with Burrow and Higgins. Two extra roster spots is also not nothing.

Thank you!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

The Zack posted:

I'd rank em Edmond, Jackson, Lindsay

Is Michael Gallup droppable in a 1ppr redraft? I'm tired of his poo poo

I think all 3 of their WRs are rosterable but Gallup has been very underwhelming.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Need to drop 1:
Gage
Harris
Mattison (I don't have Cook)

Gage probably the best of them but he's my WR5 in 1 flex. Harris RB4/5.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dy. posted:

Managed to trade away Chris Carson, James Robinson, and Tyler Boyd for Davante Adams and JK Dobbins. The Adams owner was starting Cam Akers and JK Dobbins so was in desperate need of RB's. Of that bunch, only Carson was starting for me. I will missing trotting out 3 solid, high-floor RB's each week but effectively swapping Carson for Adams is pretty sweet. Hoping to sit on Dobbins until he carves out more of a role towards the end of the season.

Trading is fun.

New lineup:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Leonard Fournette, Adrian Peterson (goodbye sweet RB depth)
WR: Davante Adams, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Russel Gage, Henry Ruggs, N'Keal Harry
TE: Travis Kelce

After my hot 2-0 start quickly turned to 2-2 and multiple starters sat this week, I learned an important lesson about trading: instead of chasing studs, sometimes just take your solid team and chill out.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

dy. posted:

I learned an important lesson about trading this season: instead of chasing studs, sometimes just take your solid team and chill out.

Depends on the time of the season. Early on like now, yeah.
I’ve noticed that the teams in my leagues doing the best are the ones that drafted QBs and TE earlier than is considered smart. Which leaves them without good depth. So early on, they’ll typically put up tons of points but as the season goes on and injuries happen, they get weaker and weaker unless they’re incredibly lucky.

Around week 6 though if you’re still sitting at 1 or 2 wins, it’s time to make some moves.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

I agree with this. As much as having Mixon on my dynasty squad gives me a headache, I’d rather have him than those 3 guys.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
When the heck is yahoo going to set Eckler to out? I need a bye week QB.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

Depends on the time of the season. Early on like now, yeah.
I’ve noticed that the teams in my leagues doing the best are the ones that drafted QBs and TE earlier than is considered smart. Which leaves them without good depth. So early on, they’ll typically put up tons of points but as the season goes on and injuries happen, they get weaker and weaker unless they’re incredibly lucky.

Around week 6 though if you’re still sitting at 1 or 2 wins, it’s time to make some moves.
I got Chris Godwin in a trade for two bench players (Gibson and MVS) because a dude with 3 QBs, 2 TEs, and 2 D/STs was starting Boston Scott as one of his RBs in week 2 and 3. I may regret trading Gibson away if I get injuries at RB, but I think I have enough WRs to fill my Flex spots if I get whittled down to 2 RBs.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

dxt posted:

Yahoo does it almost instantly. Pretty sure the Chargers haven't put him on IR and nobody gets ruled 'out' on Tuesday.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dxt posted:

Yeah and I have to wonder why Chris Godwin is suddenly being flagged as "Questionable" when all sources are saying there is no chance he plays on Thursday. I have a bunch of waiver claims pending that this sudden change completely fucks my like 9 transaction deep set of contingencies.

edit: like... what the gently caress, he is even listed as projected for zero points. If he is projected for zero points, why is he listed as questionable?!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 7, 2020

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah and I have to wonder why Chris Godwin is suddenly being flagged as "Questionable" when all sources are saying there is no chance he plays on Thursday. I have a bunch of waiver claims pending that this sudden change completely fucks my like 9 transaction deep set of contingencies.

Because the team hasn't officially ruled him out. Fantasy platforms work off of official player designations; they don't decide when guys are ruled out.

There's basically no chance Godwin plays on Thursday but he probably won't be ruled out until tomorrow.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gobias Ind. posted:

Because the team hasn't officially ruled him out. Fantasy platforms work off of official player designations; they don't decide when guys are ruled out.

There's basically no chance Godwin plays on Thursday but he probably won't be ruled out until tomorrow.
What? Stop making sense! I'm ranting here! I'm 0-4 and wanted that roster spot to make claims tonight :(

edit: Also I'm going on 4 months of ~3 hours of sleep a day so forgive me for ranting

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Looking for advice on my two flex slots:

My WR choices are Gallup, Tate, Tee Higgins and N'Keal Harry and my bench RBs are Damien Harris, Burkhead, Devonta Freeman and D'Ernest Johnson.

Which of those two would you start in a 0.5 PRR league?

Yahoo is projecting Gallup and Harris as the top two point-getters, but I'm skeptical. That Patriots backfield by committee always makes me nervous but I have two of the four Pats' RBs because they were available on the waiver wire.

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 7, 2020

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

New positive covid results for both Pats and Titans this morning.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

I agree with this. As much as having Mixon on my dynasty squad gives me a headache, I’d rather have him than those 3 guys.

I sent the offer yesterday. We’ll see what happens. I know he wanted Akers in the rookie draft badly, that’s the main reason I thought about it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Well, I placed identical bids on Jackson and Edmonds, figuring there's no way I'd get both.

I got both.

Where's a good place to evaluate player trade value? I could swap either for like a WR3.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Ekeler was dropped in my league. He would be a pure stash for me and we have plenty of IR slots.

Yes/no?: Drop Myles Gaskin or Mark Ingram for Ekeler?

My other backs:

CEH
Sir James Robinson
Chris Carson
Mostert

FantasyPros consensus of 3 “experts” has my two guys still ahead of Ekeler for ROS.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 7, 2020

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I don't know enough about Gaskin, but I have a hard time seeing when Ingram starts for you, especially once Mostert is back, so I'd probably make that swap with an eye toward the playoffs.

Comedy option there won't be any playoffs so who cares anyway.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
What are people's thoughts about MVS once Davante Adams comes back?

He's available in my league now, and I figure with Aaron throwing like crazy, he's still got WR3/FLEX potential even with Adams on the field, so I tossed him a low-dollar bid.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
He's probably worth the grab yeah, but I wouldn't expect consistent usefulness with Adams back unless Tonyan disappears

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
MVS is going to continue to be the over the top threat on the Packers and every few games he'll get a deep ball and return above value. But the flip side is him and Rodgers won't always connect on that deep ball every game and he will just end up with 4-6 points.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Eh you could do worse for a bye week flex but he isn't very good. I guess with Lazard out and Davante back that frees him up a bit to be the deep threat. His floor is very low though.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Better question: Pay a few dollars for MVS or grab Laviska Shenault, Tim Patrick, Mecole Hardman, or Brandon Aiyuck, who are all available for free?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Vargo posted:

Better question: Pay a few dollars for MVS or grab Laviska Shenault, Tim Patrick, Mecole Hardman, or Brandon Aiyuck, who are all available for free?

Aiyuck because I have a hardon for Shanny receivers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vargo posted:

I would rather get Laviska, Patrick, or Aiyuk for free. Hardman is like weapon #6 on that offense so I personally wouldnt trust him to score. Shenault has shown to be an important part of the Jags offense getting multiple targets and several designed running plays (where he was the RB in the backfield) each game, but at the same time it doesnt seem like he will ever get more than 5 or 6 targets a game because of how Gruden runs that offense. Tim Patrick seems to have solidified himself as a decent target for these cast-off QBs that Denver has thrown out there the past few weeks and might do even better once Lock is back. Ayiuk seems to have a growing role on an offense where there are seemingly no other receivers that Shanny trusts or something so he could end up being the #2 receiving target on the team.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Cam Akers worth putting a bid on? Just got dropped in my league but there's only 5 bench spots so I'd have to drop Gage (my WR5) or Mattison (I don't have Cook) to get him.

Vargo posted:

Well, I placed identical bids on Jackson and Edmonds, figuring there's no way I'd get both.

I got both.

Where's a good place to evaluate player trade value? I could swap either for like a WR3.

Did the Drake/Ekeler owners put any bids on them? Might be worth targeting for a trade, especially the Drake owner right now.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Decided to go with Aiyuck just so I can justify my new team name:

freeman posted:

Did the Drake/Ekeler owners put any bids on them? Might be worth targeting for a trade, especially the Drake owner right now.

Just looked and the only one the Ekeler owner has in this range that I might want is maybe Jameson Crowder, but I'm not sure I want anything to do with any Jets right now.

The Drake owner is absolutely a zombie team.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Would you do a Mahomes for Russell swap straight up? 2QB, no fumble penalties, bonus at 400+yds. My other QB is Minshew.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

ex post facho posted:

Would you do a Mahomes for Russell swap straight up? 2QB, no fumble penalties, bonus at 400+yds. My other QB is Minshew.

I think I’d rather have Russell Wilson. To me, the deciding factor is the Seattle defense, which should afford Russell plenty of opportunity to cook. I think the defense will get a little better, but.....

Chiefs defense has looked really good, and I think there will be some games in the future where their defense wins it for them and the offense won’t have to do much. I wouldn’t want Mahomes in those games.

Both are great. So idk if you should, haha.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I would do it IF you currently have Mahomes and do the trade after week 6. Otherwise I don't really see the point.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
It fell through anyway when the Wilson owner got cold feet :haw:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dynasty league people, my team has performed better than expected and I'm kinda caught between two different outlooks right now.

A: I have a chance to contend this year and the 2021 draft could be a mess so gently caress it, let's mortgage that future and send off some picks to shore up some weak points.

B: This season is already a huge mess and making a big push to win it all this year is kinda dumb when we don't even know if the season will finish.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I sold off my 2021 picks in leagues where I was a strong contender, but earlier, around our rookie drafts this year. Ymmv when trying to get value in season, though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
is Dalvin Cook worth giving up James Robinson and DK Metcalf in 1 PPR?

roster
RB: Zeke, Hunt, Robinson, Gibson, Josh Kelley
WR: DK, McLaurin, Golladay, Chark, Aiyuk, Cole

Cole is probably getting dropped no matter what as i need to pick up a K and DEF for this week.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is Montgomery and J. Brown for Thielen too low of an offer?
He lost Chubb so he only has CEH, Moss and Justin Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

is Dalvin Cook worth giving up James Robinson and DK Metcalf in 1 PPR?

roster
RB: Zeke, Hunt, Robinson, Gibson, Josh Kelley
WR: DK, McLaurin, Golladay, Chark, Aiyuk, Cole

Cole is probably getting dropped no matter what as i need to pick up a K and DEF for this week.
Thats tough but with how banged up Seattle's D is, Metcalf should continue to be a slam-dunk start every week, I would think? And James RB1son will probably only get better as the year goes on but its hard to say because the Jaguars are such a loving rollercoaster. If it were me I dont think I would do it, but it would be hard to say no. If you did do it I would not be critical of you.

Chernabog posted:

Is Montgomery and J. Brown for Thielen too low of an offer?
He lost Chubb so he only has CEH, Moss and Justin Jackson.
Probably? Jackson has added value (not sure how much yet, but more) with Eckeler out, and Chubb is only temporary - he'll be back in time for the playoffs with fresh legs. Now is a good time to sell high on Brown, though. I might consider the trade if it were offered to me. Its hard to say (for me, an idiot who has no sleep).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 7, 2020