Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Joey and Sonny appear to be the Bad Boy and the Bad Babe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

leopard jones

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

"I wouldn't. It would probably gross me out."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That assisted splash looks like it hurt fenix

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Lucha Bros should be champs and on TV every week! Just the facts

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

xbilkis posted:

The Lucha Bros should be champs and on TV every week! Just the facts

They'd look so good with the gold

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

peta looks strangely cherubic in that face paint

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

Joey and Sonny appear to be the Bad Boy and the Bad Babe

Odds on Sonny suggesting bad bitch and it getting shot down?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Fun match. They've done a lot with Sonny's offense. Lucha Bros are awesome as always

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fun match.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
drat good

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

a fine episode of dark

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
drat that was over 90 minutes?? flew by

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

it would be incredibly easy for a guy like Janela to be a racist nazi chud but he's not and that's great

Jersey dirt bags spilt hard one of two ways.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

the lucha bros should do the dropkick to the rear end on sonny but penta bounces off and flies into space

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aww, it was so cute to watch how excited Griff was to get his first dub :allears:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love how Bowens pretty much got in one move, but it was crazy enough to demand a replay and would have had a pin barring interference. Hoping they have bigger plans for him

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Ricky, Taz and Excalibur as a booth, which could be fun.

1) Kenzie Page vs Brandi Rhodes. New gear for Kenzie? Good look. Good intensity early as well, nice pieface to Brandi. It's all quite punch-kick, but Kenzie's fundamentals look strong. Kenzie went out weak, which I didn't like, but then we get story. Anna Jay attacc, Red Velvet defen

2) Jurassic Express vs Ray Rosas and Eric Watts. Heard of Watts but not seen him before. Looks impressive. God, I just love watching Jungle Boy work. Oof, some great strikes from Luchasaurus. Watts has some very nice looking power moves. Match gets a bit unbaked in the middle but recovers as time goes on. Nice hoss exchange between Luchasaurus and Watts. A very nice near fall from Rosas on Jungle Boy. Yeah, this was good. I loved that Starks was pretty high on Jurassic Express despite being a heel.

3) Anthony Bowens and Lee Johnson vs Chaos Project. Johnson / Bowens may be the most handsome team in AEW today. Love Luther's Thriller jacket. Love Snakem'n's streamers. Luther has improved in the ring as the rust has worn off. Couple of semi rough spots early. Yay, Luther screaming! Yay, Serpentico as a weapon! Yay, Ricky getting forensic on Luther's bloody rear end prints. At this point my cat started watching Dark. I think she thinks Serpentico is a bird. Bowens has some excellent athletic moves. His spinning slam thing on Serpentico was excellent. This was a fun match. Give me a Johnson / Bowens team in the title chase.

4) Will Hobbs vs Ryzin. Ah, Ryzin, you living avatar of the early 2000s alt scene. There's definitely a highlight video of you somewhere set to an AFI song, and you definitely made it. I went to pour out coffee and this match was already over.

Eddie Kingston very angry with Joey Janela

5) John Silver vs QT Marshall. Is this Silver's first AEW singles match? Love Uno cornering for him. I can only think of QT as his character from Sammy's vlog. And here he is beating up a kid! drat, Silver is a muscle missile. Deceptively fast and tough. Loved the kick to leg capture to roll to crossface, just great chain moves. Lovely looking superplex from these two. QT Marshall does a rolling top rope elbow drop and it looks great. poo poo, that flurry of offense from Silver looked superb. Really enjoyable match.

6) Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr vs David Ali and Cezar Bononi. Bononi has the face of a much smaller Italian barber. Love the Pillman / Garrison hair team. Pillman Jr is getting a lot better. I liked Bononi hulking up. I kind of want Bononi to go full circus strongman with his look. Animal print single strap singlet, bar bells with the weight painted on them, the whole deal. Pillman and Garrison get the win. Congrats, guys.

7) Skyler Moore vs Big Swole. Swole. Swole. Aggressive start, which is fun. Lots of back and forth. Moore has some real skills. Short match but did a good job of showing off Swole's explosive power.

Matt Sydal is a very good wrestler and not a very good promo.

8) Michael Nakazawa vs Matt Sydal. They do some decent comedy stuff with the shooting star press and the baby oil. Less a match and more a comedy spot.

9) M'Badu vs Eddie Kingston. M'Badu is so physically impressive. A very quick submission from Kingston but one that made him look tough rather than making M'Badu look weak.

Great Kingston promo post-match. Jesus, he is good at this.

Janela and Kiss cut a promo. Love Sonny's "Bad Babe" gear

10) Shawn Dean vs Angelico. God, I love Angelico and Evans so much. They should be main card players. Good technical stuff from the start. Angelico makes the submissions stuff look easy. What makes Angelico so interesting to watch is how athletic he is with his submissions.

11) New Jersey Connection vs LUCHA BROS, MEXI KINGS, ZERO MIEDO, MEET YOU IN THE RING. Hot start to the match. How did Pentagon find enough butt on Joey to land double boots on it? As good as you would expect from all these guys. Sonny hitting a 450 was great. Fenix also manages a butt landing on Joey. How? This was decent.

Not the best Dark, but enjoyable all the way through.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

i rewound and rewatched the finish from the Brandi match and i have no loving idea what it was supposed to be

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am glad they’re starting to give some of the Dark regulars stuff to do with story implications. Like, if they manage to elevate all three of Anna Jay, Tay & Red Velvet out of the Nightmare Family/Dark Order feud, that’ll be a hell of thing to have pulled off.

I hope they bring Bowen’s back again, I instantly bought him as a guy who could be on TV regularly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

5) John Silver vs QT Marshall. Is this Silver's first AEW singles match?

https://twitter.com/SilverNumber1/status/1313628393250992128?s=20

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/12/06/anthony-bowens-indie-wrestling-bisexual

Article on Anthony Bowens, being proud to represent the LGBTQ community in wrestling

Bowens and I are (or were) represented by the same agency (different cities) that is a very strange thing to learn. Great episode all around, closest thing to a dud match was the opener which is to be expected when you have someone that green versus someone just not that great. I do like Kenzie's new color scheme though, much better than the pink.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I thought Kenzie did pretty well honestly. She had better offense than Brandi and did some nice selling.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Just finished Dark, I really enjoy Sonny & Joey as a team and hope they keep them together. Give’em a run as Kings of Dark for a bit until it’s time for them to get a brush with greatness against FTR.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The biggest thing I noticed with Kenzie is that each time she reversed an Irish whip her posture stayed rigid and she only moved her arms which looked really bad. Without some sort of pivot or step or twist of the hips, it just looks like choreography. She's got plenty of potential and she's all of, what, 19? Jobbing on Dark is probably the best place for her to be working right now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think she might still be 18. She legit just graduated high school.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you gave Jersey Boys and Lucha Bros like 20-30 minutes and just let them go hog wild I'm convinced that they'd tear the loving house down.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kenzie is 2020 Mikey Whipwreck

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wonder if The Shirtless Sleuth is back in the booth

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He isn't :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Still impressed by how much weight Uno lost

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

More like SCPoo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

kaz is p. good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I feel like every match Jungle Boy has more tassels on his gear

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

four men, countless rollups

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He was champ at my local Indy back in 2007

In the Bay Area so I stand by SCPoo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Starks has a match tonight so he may join after that. A four way between four halves of tag teams is pretty funny. Jungle Boy looks really good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oh but seriously I posted:

four men, countless rollups

it's got a real house show "let's try some reversals we haven't done before and see if they land" kind of feel to it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah im kaz, im just gonna do a fuckin JO Cyclone Suplex on AEW Dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Kaz definitely rules