Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, the first episode was specifically the epilogue of the original series so it should start going on its own track next episode.

I liked it well enough, but yeah, it should have been an hour premiere so that we could get a better look at the new characters, while still having the epilogue animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
If you're thinking about watching Symphogear: You should watch Symphogear. Symphogear is amazing, and basically every season is more uproariously fun and crazy than the last. (Though 2 and 4 are probably my favorites.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo s1 is the best season of symphogear but its also the most downbeat and awkwardly executed

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

All that worrying and complaining I did earlier makes me feel like a dummy. Episode 1 of DanMachi S3 was actually kind of good and cute. I dont expect it to last, but Im down for at least a few episodes of Haruhime and Bell adopting a monster child while uncle Welf and aunt Mikoto dote on her from the sidelines.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Nitrousoxide posted:

I would presume Among Us.

by rights the show feels extremely morally ambiguous yet i can not help but hoot and holler every time those eyes turn red

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1313615317168345089

E: It's a 2D/CG copro between Bones and Orange

https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1313651340468461570?s=20

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 7, 2020

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cave emperor posted:

Majo no Tabitabi: Great production and a likeable main character, but the first episode was just setup, not sure yet where it'll go from here.

Splode posted:

Wandering Witch - first episode was all set-up, but looks promising, and the animation was better than it needed to be, which is always nice.

That part was told as a flashback later in the novels, kinda weird that they decided to open with it. It's like starting Kino's Journey with the flashback episode.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 7, 2020

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cave emperor posted:

Yashahime's first episode was a lot to take in for someone who doesn't know the first thing about Inuyasha. Lots of proper names to remember, lots of interpersonal dynamics to infer, lots of plot points to guess at. It looks like the next episode is going to focus more on the new characters, if not I might just have to bite the bullet and read an Inuyasha plot summary or something.

Having not seen the last season of Inuyasha, this was actually a good episode for me. I like how he still has a bunch of rough edges but clearly cares deeply for Kagome and isn't awkward about showing it.

I also love the parenting decision to have Sango, being a kickass capable and constantly prepared warrior, actually staying with the kids (instead of handing them off to a nanny) to protect them rather than assist with the monster hunting. Also, Miroku isn't trying to hit on every girl that he saves anymore.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phobophilia posted:

This has to be a happy coincidence that it happens to coincide with a massive cultural fad sweeping the youtube/twitch community.

Also if everyone in it had unique Hunter X Hunter Nen like super powers. (As their powers have conditions and restrictions on how they work or what they can do.) For example One of them can spit and secrete poisons of with any properties she wants, but she has to eat a poison frog or snake to refuel it. Another person can shapeshift, but only if someone is not looking at them.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
So far have seen the first episodes of Wandering Witch, Sleepy Princess, and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, but as they are all setups I can't give a firm opinion. Going to take a flyer on Maesetsu as well.

Fall season 2020 is go.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wandering Witch seems like Kino's Journey, except with a proper sense of morality and empathy, rather than an amoral aloofness. It's the difference between silently judging someone and going "heh, they're yet another human" and trying to understand other people with "ah, they're humans just like me".

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Watched Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 1, and oh no. Oh no. I hope this doesn't go the route of "Make My Ability Average".

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

MonsterEnvy posted:

I will recommend it. I have read some of the first few chapters as well.

Big Spoilers unless you have watched the episode.
It's kind of Death Note like with the protagonist and such.

Watched this finally and I'm kind of confused as to which side is actually the "enemy of humanity" since nothing about the rest of the class really indicates they are evil per-say, and the "self appointed class rep" abilities in particular would be completely useless in combating humans.

I suspected that the class might have been an actual training ground for the enemies at first, but honestly by the end of episode despite Nana's statements, I'm less convinced than I was at the start.

Nana, at least in the short time we had with her real self, seemed to be convinced that she is fighting the enemies of humanity. So is she the one who's been deceived and is unknowingly helping them? That seems like the most plausible situation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Wandering Witch seems like Kino's Journey, except with a proper sense of morality and empathy, rather than an amoral aloofness. It's the difference between silently judging someone and going "heh, they're yet another human" and trying to understand other people with "ah, they're humans just like me".
'heh, they're yet another human' seems like a pretty poor read of the 2003 tv series, at least

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the main thing that sounded interesting in wandering witch to me was that the protag was described as 'a moralless rear end in a top hat' and that's why that person dropped it. kinda the opposite of what you're saying. but then someone else posted a couple of stories and they were fairly standard so i lost interest again

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Nitrousoxide posted:

Watched this finally and I'm kind of confused as to which side is actually the "enemy of humanity" since nothing about the rest of the class really indicates they are evil per-say, and the "self appointed class rep" abilities in particular would be completely useless in combating humans.

I suspected that the class might have been an actual training ground for the enemies at first, but honestly by the end of episode despite Nana's statements, I'm less convinced than I was at the start.

Nana, at least in the short time we had with her real self, seemed to be convinced that she is fighting the enemies of humanity. So is she the one who's been deceived and is unknowingly helping them? That seems like the most plausible situation.

Well, they showed title of next episode at the end, and it's called The time traveller. So I assume she's from the future and she knows what those kids will grow up to be.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm super into this

A global release too, hell yeah.

Speaking of Orange
https://twitter.com/CG_Orange_eng/status/1313858540071657473

Season 2 starts in January

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eeepies posted:

Watched Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 1, and oh no. Oh no. I hope this doesn't go the route of "Make My Ability Average".

it's fluff and that's it. the webnovel makes it very clear that it was written one chapter at a time, with absolutely no planning.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's got poor timing given bofuri already captured that niche extremely well earlier this year. hard act to follow

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's no substance, so it probably depends on how it is adapted. the bofuri anime was way funnier than the wn or manga, after all.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I forgot there was already an one episode OVA of Noblesse's first arc years ago and got extremely confused when the series started the second arc with little attempt to remind you about what happened in the first one.

Also for some reason it's now set in Japan? I can't remember if the OVA already did that and they just want to be consistent or if it's new.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

after saying i wasn't gonna watch a bunch of seasonals this season i went and did it anyway

Jujutsu Kaisen - i don't often do shonen jump stuff but this is very slick and in a thematic space I enjoy and seems like it might move with pace, the lack of which is usually my main complaint with big shonens.

Sleepy Princess - was already planning to watch this one and it's exactly what i expected and nothing more, which is good enough. i think i tend to like these "one-joke" high-concept comedies a lot more than most folks, especially when they're slapsticky

Wandering Witch - this episode wasn't really a knockout punch like the best stuff in this genre but it was good and i'd expect some of the following stories to be better now that the setup is out of the way.

Talentless Nana - i was gonna ignore this in favor of the danganronpa guy's show since it looked like it was in the same space, but got curious and watched it anyway and it sold me harder than i expected. so maybe i'll just watch both and set myself up to get burned twice

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

And now we have a thread for it :toot:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943167

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Haven't really seen much that really tickles my fancy so far, TBH. Jujutsu Kaisen seems like the best of the bunch, and that's just another slick shonen horror-action series rather than something special.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is that a miniature lovely geezer? :3:

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's fluff and that's it. the webnovel makes it very clear that it was written one chapter at a time, with absolutely no planning.

I've read the entire web novel, so the fact that the first episode deviates so badly is concerning.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sindai posted:

I forgot there was already an one episode OVA of Noblesse's first arc years ago and got extremely confused when the series started the second arc with little attempt to remind you about what happened in the first one.

Also for some reason it's now set in Japan? I can't remember if the OVA already did that and they just want to be consistent or if it's new.

I don't know why they didn't put them both on the same page, that would be an incredibly confusing first episode if you didn't watch it and it's not obvious if you just go straight to the show's page that there's a thing you need to watch first.

If the show is just going to adapt this one arc that does make me feel a little better about how they're going to pace things at least.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't know why they didn't put them both on the same page, that would be an incredibly confusing first episode if you didn't watch it and it's not obvious if you just go straight to the show's page that there's a thing you need to watch first.

If the show is just going to adapt this one arc that does make me feel a little better about how they're going to pace things at least.

Oh, that explains why I had no idea what the hell was going on...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

Talentless Nana has a very strong start and everyone should give it a shot.
From what I've read of the manga It gets very, very stupid very fast.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vahtooch posted:

Oh, that explains why I had no idea what the hell was going on...

oh no :negative:
I hope that doesn't end up being the most common reaction

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Doodles posted:

So far have seen the first episodes of Wandering Witch, Sleepy Princess, and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, but as they are all setups I can't give a firm opinion. Going to take a flyer on Maesetsu as well.

Fall season 2020 is go.

Good Lord it's you. Good to see ya, can't believe you're still posting!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Akudama Drive - i laughed when it suddenly turned into even more of 'extremely a kodaka anime' at the end even though i knew it had to be coming. this way overshoots the right amount of excess to impress and wraps around to feeling superficial but maybe that's the point idk

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Yeah Akudama Drive is basically exactly what I expected, with the caveat being that it maybe looked nicer than I expected

very weird to hear ogata megumi doing a sexy lady voice, too

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread for Noblesse :toot:

P.S. Watch the 2016 OVA before watching ep 1, that covers the first 70 chapters or so of material.

quote:

Noblesse
Production I.G. | Shunsuke Tada ; Yasutaka Yamamoto | Sayaka Harada | Action, School, Supernatural, Vampire | Web Manga | Oct 8, 2020
For 820 years he had slumbered with no knowledge of mankind's advancement and scientific progress. The land which he once knew has become an unfamiliar place with new technology, attitudes, and lifestyles. Upon awakening, Cadis Etrama Di Raizel (aka Rai), seeks to familiarize himself with this era. He locates a loyal servant of his, Frankenstein, who is currently the principal of a South Korean High School. Rai decides that this school is the perfect place to help him learn about the modern world, enrolls, and begins associating with a group of good-natured students in order to 'blend in'. But this new world is no safer than the old; and the dignified, bewildered, technologically inept Rai finds himself embroiled in adventures both ridiculous and dangerous.
PV
Thread

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was fairly worried about how the adaptation would approach something very slow-paced like Adachi And Shimamura, but some inconsistent character models aside I was pleasantly surprised by their approach. Pretty happy with that first episode.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 8, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just posting to let everyone know that they've now revealed that higurashi new is not higurashi new, a remake of higurashi, but is actually, rebuild of advanced neo higurashi gou edition: road to the final victory

so uh. don't watch it expecting an adaptation of the original higurashi story lol

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The Colonel posted:

just posting to let everyone know that they've now revealed that higurashi new is not higurashi new, a remake of higurashi, but is actually, rebuild of advanced neo higurashi gou edition: road to the final victory

so uh. don't watch it expecting an adaptation of the original higurashi story lol

i'm not really familiar with higurashi outside of the arcs covered in the original anime, is this some kinda Into the rikaverse thing?

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 8, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have no idea what it's going to end up being as a whole but it's definitely not a standard adaptation of all eight core chapters. so if you've never read or watched the original then watch gou at your own peril

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Akudama Drive is ridiculous and dumb as hell and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Good Lord it's you. Good to see ya, can't believe you're still posting!

I can't believe it, either. :cripes: