Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Here's an incredible instagram for you all https://www.instagram.com/chibson_usa/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yeah this whole account is gold.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I like the palette pickguard

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Needs a testimonial by Djordan Rudjess to be an authentic piece of music technology. That dude is the Ron Popeil of music junk.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I'm just enjoying the relentless commitment to puns in every one of them

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is peak stupid poo poo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/WolfVanHalen/status/1313561314598350848

:smith: This loving year, god drat it...

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Turns out smoking several packs a dayholding guitar picks in your teeth for solos is bad for you, who knew?

:smith:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

in memoriam here's fig.1 from his patent for a cock stand to make it easier to do two handed tapping

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Aw dammit gently caress this year. :(

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1313573840895848448?s=19

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The world is a lesser place without one of the original cock-rockers. Your music was often really fun and those amps you made with Peavey and Fender are cool as can be. Thanks for everything, you beautiful motherfucker. :cry:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

One of the best things about Eddie was that he made everyone lift their game. From hopeless bedroom shredders to out of date rock dinosaurs, everyone sat up when they heard EVH and thought "poo poo, I better practice". What a talent.

(He also kicked the door open for a whole lot of stupid music poo poo, but all good)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The D-tuna was such a dumb but creative idea that I can't help but love it. So surprised how that never really caught on.

Also metal as a whole owes a lot to EVH thanks to his tone and for the 5150

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spanish Manlove posted:

The D-tuna was such a dumb but creative idea that I can't help but love it. So surprised how that never really caught on.

Also metal as a whole owes a lot to EVH thanks to his tone and for the 5150

Both things, perfectly stated.

All the things, perfectly stupid.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

The world is a lesser place without one of the original cock-rockers. Your music was often really fun and those amps you made with Peavey and Fender are cool as can be. Thanks for everything, you beautiful motherfucker. :cry:

it's seems cliche to say it about any famous musician after they die, but in his case it's actually hard to overstate the effect he had on guitar and popular music in general in the past 40-ish years, even stuff you'd never associate with 80s buttrock

les paul and leo fender are pretty much the only other people who had as much impact

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
My brother got me a D-tuna for Xmas a couple years ago and I was really excited til we found it doesn't fit my RG at all.
EVH's impact on the popularity of synths also can't be underestimated

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's seems cliche to say it about any famous musician after they die, but in his case it's actually hard to overstate the effect he had on guitar and popular music in general in the past 40-ish years, even stuff you'd never associate with 80s buttrock

les paul and leo fender are pretty much the only other people who had as much impact
I know, but to get down to "brass tacks", I legit loved my Peavey 5150 and currently absolutely love the Fender-made ones.

We's gonna miss you, Eddie. :sadwave:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

I know, but to get down to "brass tacks", I legit loved my Peavey 5150 and currently absolutely love the Fender-made ones.

We's gonna miss you, Eddie. :sadwave:

i'm curious what james brown's gonna do with them now that he's in charge of the evh stuff

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
Someone's gotta make that Flying F guitar, if not an entire guitar alphabet

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't know, but I've heard the lunchbox-sized ones are real fun, so maybe I'll find one and take it for a spin.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Actuary X posted:

Someone's gotta make that Flying F guitar, if not an entire guitar alphabet

Emptyquote.

Also there's an A, a Wand an S (upper and lower case) in the Instagram. With the regular V and Xplorer, we're getting there. The classic minimalist headless would work for an I too I think.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

BonHair posted:

The classic minimalist headless would work for an I too I think.

I think that's what I'll call my guitar: "flying I"

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Wark Say posted:

Don't know, but I've heard the lunchbox-sized ones are real fun, so maybe I'll find one and take it for a spin.

They are surprisingly great.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Rifter17 posted:

I think that's what I'll call my guitar: "flying I"

What's playing one of these like? There a left handed one that's been on eBay for months that's been bugging me. Here but I don't have a spare $750 anyways.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

*swaps bigsby* Now it's right-handed.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
I actually find it to be comfortable. I obviously need to always play it with a strap. I like the lack of leg rest since it sits lower on the lap, which is similar to the height I have when playing while standing up. The knobs are annoying since it's easy to turn them accidentally while playing. When I swapped out the pickups I bypassed the knobs.

I got it with a discount. If I were to replace it, I'd probable find a local luthier to make something similar. There are some cool luthiers in Southern California at least that will probably make something for a little bit more.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I don't why it hasn't occurred to me that for that price I could probably buy a neck and other parts with the finest tone wood 2 x 4 at Home Depot and do it my self if so inclined. Would probably end up similar to the the original log that started this whole thing but eh, might make a fun future project. Never thought how the knob placement can be an issue on it that kinda sucks though.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Doesn’t using the bigsby flip the whole thing?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bigsby? More like shitsby! :haw:

I have nothing against or in favor of Bigsby bridges and whatnot, please don't torch my house. :ohdear:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://reverb.com/item/36205773-squier-stratocaster-black

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Someone saw this and went :five:

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Ok I'm actually interested in how that sounds

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Noise Machine posted:

Ok I'm actually interested in how that sounds

Mellowcaster imo

How much "bite" does that rake angle take from the treble strings? Also, I think the more extreme the angle relative to the bridge the greater the difference in frequency response from string to string.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 11, 2020

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'd definitely pick it up if it was in a store and see but on the internet naaah

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I think this may belong here.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/radical-redesign-electric-guitar-put-101551279.html

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dtrvc6gOc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
finally someone invented a device that makes everything sound like royalty-free background music