Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The teams for the Stardom tag league are out and they've got some uh interesting names

Red Block

MK Sisters (Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid)
Wing Gori (Hanan & Saya Iida)
AphroditE (Utami & Tall Saya)
Crazy Bloom (Giulia & Maika)
Devil Duo (Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima)

Blue Block

DREAM H (Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa)
MomoAZ (Momo Watanabe & AZM)
Grab the Top (Syuri & Himeka)
Black Widows (Bea Priestley & Konami)
Color Me Pop (Riho & Gokigen-desu (Gokigen Death?/I am Gokigen?) FKA DEATH Yama-san FKA Kaori Yoneyama)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1313735962447339520

If they're real injuries, this is a good time for her to go and heal up and come back with a new interpretation of her character.

If it's kayfabe, it's good anyway because Natsuko is the one who destroyed her knee and it'll add to the revenge program.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/kashima_saki555/status/1313747138648567808?s=19

Saki Kashima wanted to be the Stir Fried Pork Beans but management vetoed it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

this seems needlessly convoluted

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1313739136302415873

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Color Me Pop (Riho & Gokigen-desu (Gokigen Death?/I am Gokigen?) FKA DEATH Yama-san FKA Kaori Yoneyama)

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1313766105391849473?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So the finals is the block winners, you get a matchup you've already seen. Seems stupid and different for the sake of it.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They did it in 2017 and quite why they’ve brought it back I don’t know - it’s not a lack of dates forcing less tournament matches.

Did Stardom also poach the person that names the teams in Ice Ribbon?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

isn't it more matches than facing the teams in your own block

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

less matches in total since in effect you only have one set of matches

a traditional five team, two-block tournament would have ten matches per block plus the final; so 21 total matches. This will have fifteen total block matches plus the final so 16 total matches. Its only five less but Stardom don't tend to load up shows with tournament matches.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what am i missing

mk sisters vs dream h
mk sisters vs momoaz
mk sisters vs grab the top
mk sisters vs black widows
mk sisters vs color me pop
wing gori vs dream h
wing gori vs momoaz
wing gori vs grab the top
wing gori vs black widows
wing gori vs color me pop
aphrodite vs dream h
aphrodite vs momoaz
aphrodite vs grab the top
aphrodite vs black widows
aphrodite vs color me pop
crazy bloom vs dream h
crazy bloom vs momoaz
crazy bloom vs grab the top
crazy bloom vs black widows
crazy bloom vs color me pop
devil duo vs dream h
devil duo vs momoaz
devil duo vs grab the top
devil duo vs black widows
devil duo vs color me pop

25 matches plus the final

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1313859558754775041

thunder rosa vacated the international princess title because she can't travel to japan due to covid.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kyona actually does need knee and shoulder surgery so she'll be out for a while.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Poor Kyona :smith:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kyona has definitely been working hurt for awhile. She dislocated the shoulder in the last Goddess tournament IIRC and has been wearing a leg brace.

Frankly with this news I think it would have been much better if she weren’t immediately scooped up by STARS. But at least we know now that they have no plans to elevate her instead of being surprised after waiting 6-12 months.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

At least if she's part of STARS they can theoretically use her within the context of hanging out with her new stablemates.

Their roster does a lot of goofing around on social media so having her be "alone" and then out on injury rehab probably screws up their kayfabe

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1314174110000320512

they announced the 8 people in the international princess title tourney.

thinking its gona be shoko/mahiro/hikari tbh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shoko feels out of place in that field

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Shoko would be the logical favorite, but I'm rooting for Hikari.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i think shoko is there to put over the person who actually wins and elevate them, but she'd be a great champion so either way.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Thunder Rosa was probably losing to Shoko at the Mania Weekend show so I suspect that's why she's in the tournament - to win the thing. Might also be that all of the other big names are probably doing something else at Wrestle Princess.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What is Itoh doing? I thought she’d be in this tournament

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TV Zombie posted:

What is Itoh doing? I thought she’d be in this tournament

judging by the fact her and miyu both don't have anything going on they are either gona continue being a tag team or feud and maki will be murdered at wrestleprincess, both are good options.

bonus chaos option is maki is somehow involved in mizuki and yuka's feud

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Itoh is taking time off to do an extended run in chocopro

I can feel it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

anything that pushes maki closer to the AEW sphere is good, to me.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The most important awards are finally here!

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1313838449825210370

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yoneyama's new look

https://twitter.com/YanchomeStyles/status/1314791581124235265?s=19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She's a well respected veteran who was crazy over in her own heydey and I see no reason why she has to rip of Pom Harajuka's gimmick

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pennywise looking good.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kaori Yoneyama is loving great.

Also Mayu is responsible for this because she "cast a spell that may not have fully worked"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

Kaori Yoneyama is loving great.

Also Mayu is responsible for this because she "cast a spell that may not have fully worked"
I can believe this both in and out of kayfabe because Mayu is the exact kind of idiot savant that is great at wrestling and would also believe casting spells works in real life.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

a Joshi podcast where they would all unanimously name drop as as one of their favorite opponents to wrestle along with Satomura, Thunder Rosa, and begrudgingly Aja Kong.

This hints at saucy drama, please elaborate.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

oh but seriously I posted:

This hints at saucy drama, please elaborate.
No saucy drama, they all loved working with her even though she beat the poo poo out of them.

Aja Kong is good at putting people over despite whooping their asses

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

She's a well respected veteran who was crazy over in her own heydey and I see no reason why she has to rip of Pom Harajuka's gimmick

its very simple, she has become jokerified,

also if you have wrestle universe the aja kong maki itoh match is really good and funny.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/misao_tjp/status/1314894323310157827

this should be a good match, wrestle princess card really heating up.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

not having seen the match and just basing it on the gear the closer comparison is probably Bolshoi Kid rather than Pom Harujuku: which makes sense with the common JWP connection.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RealFoxy posted:

she's ripping off coco amarillo's gimmick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It was a joke about how much Pom looks like a clown :negative:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i know i wanted to reference los payasos

i wish i could find the AAA promo package where they fly a spaceship to earth on a mission to destroy super muñeco

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Will Ospreay is in Oedo Tai, and I don't know how to accept that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

utter trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Power Windows posted:

Will Ospreay is in Oedo Tai, and I don't know how to accept that.

Explain, as you would a child. (or someone who doesn't watch New Japan. That also would work)