Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Wait those are two different Margarets! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spanish turts are the best turts. Who even eats Dutch turts anymore?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Captain Hygiene posted:

First time I've ever said this, but I could really go for some Belgian Twinks right about now

First time my rear end.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Marcade posted:

First time my rear end.

Good to see another Belgian around here.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Wait those are two different Margarets! :colbert:

The Apple Cabin section in the Liartown USA book has an author's note about this -- IIRC, the reuse was unintentional, but he decided that "Margaret" was a general term for "round food" in Apple-Cabin-speak, and "Todd" was a general vegetable term.

The Liartown book is a pro buy, incidentally.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I think all the Apple Cabin posts are archived on the LiarTown Tumblr

https://liartownusa.tumblr.com/tagged/AppleCabin

The whole Tumbl is worth reading through but beware theres fair bit of NWS

https://liartownusa.tumblr.com/

ps if the page stops loading for you after a few scrolls like it did me you can browse via the archive page https://liartownusa.tumblr.com/archive

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think all the Apple Cabin posts are archived on the LiarTown Tumblr

Didn't Tumblr censor a bunch of that stuff when it decided to go clean and commit suicide?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I知 Baja California.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i had the apple cabin foods calendar a few years ago. It was very popular in the office, even with my older coworkers who weren't steeped in surreal internet humor.

I'd buy a new one every year even if the graphics never changed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LOL I saw a mobile game ad showcasing "Japanese suicide squad" as one of the enemy units.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

What do these people think politics is

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Somfin posted:

What do these people think politics is

SJW's. The gay agenda. Having women in video games.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Roblo posted:

SJW's. The gay agenda. Having women in video games.

I like this graphic after a friend found it, because everyone calls out a different thing. Personally, mine was that Saints Row is actually very left-wing; the games are tolerant of all races, genders and sexual orientations (the Boss can be all of them, but also they're all accepted and respected outside of that), what little we see of the Boss' presidency suggests they're fairly left-wing, and all of Saints Row 2 is a treatise against corporate greed, monopolies and gentrification.

Also Final Fantasy VII is on both sides of the graphic.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think you only could have a male main character in the first Saint痴 Row game, but the second game starts you in a prison hospital and The Boss can suddenly be female. The third game has clinics which allow you to customize your The Boss at any time and even change gender. The fourth game allows you to directly ask your NPC companions to have sex with them (mocking Mass Effect痴 romances) and gender plays no role in that.

The only person who says no is Keith David (voiced by Keith David) because he is just too focused on his work.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mierenneuker posted:

I think you only could have a male main character in the first Saint痴 Row game, but the second game starts you in a prison hospital and The Boss can suddenly be female. The third game has clinics which allow you to customize your The Boss at any time and even change gender. The fourth game allows you to directly ask your NPC companions to have sex with them (mocking Mass Effect痴 romances) and gender plays no role in that.

The only person who says no is Keith David (voiced by Keith David) because he is just too focused on his work.

From what i remember the first game doesn't give the boss any character either. He's just a silent protagonist like the GTA3 character

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Len posted:

From what i remember the first game doesn't give the boss any character either. He's just a silent protagonist like the GTA3 character
They say a line at the end of each story line. However the voice is different based on the race of the character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ufzJPZKF3A

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That picture's almost certainly a parody.

Also lol at Hitman being on the right given basically every target is a rich rear end in a top hat

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Boss can even be the other video game genders: zombie and Nolan North.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That picture's almost certainly a parody.

Also lol at Hitman being on the right given basically every target is a rich rear end in a top hat

Yeah the last mission in Hitman 2 is at a gathering of a secret society of the world痴 richest and most powerful people where they brag about climate destruction.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mierenneuker posted:

Saints Row 2 also had the full recustomization clinics. :eng101:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Von Clausewitz reaching several thousand rpms.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

It makes sense that some dudes could play the hitman games as manly action man doing manly violence without ever thinking about the subtext, or even the text being loudly shouted at you with a bullhorn. Remember, there are conservative fans who got pissed that Rage Against the Machine "turned political" during the Trump administration.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cleretic posted:

The one on the left is Remake.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

food court bailiff posted:

The one on the left is Remake.

I couldn't tell, because it's super tiny! And also that makes no loving sense!

And I feel like a really important key to figuring out how legit this image is is the fact they put the Metal Gear games in the 'left-wing' category. Which is... you know, correct, but I didn't expect it. I feel like putting that in the 'right-wing' category would be a good stealth gag for if this is a joke, so it might be an earnest pick by someone who can at least understand the meaning of a text when it's spelled out as blatantly as Metal Gear.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

So. Canada has been sandbagging this entire time. As I suspected.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Cleretic posted:

I like this graphic after a friend found it, because everyone calls out a different thing. Personally, mine was that Saints Row is actually very left-wing; the games are tolerant of all races, genders and sexual orientations (the Boss can be all of them, but also they're all accepted and respected outside of that), what little we see of the Boss' presidency suggests they're fairly left-wing, and all of Saints Row 2 is a treatise against corporate greed, monopolies and gentrification.

This whole thing is wild but special mentions go to left wing Five Nights At Freddies and right wing Doki Doki Literature Club

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
A buddy of mine wrote some of the Saint's Row games, can confirm he's super left and inclusive.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
Image maker really hosed up by putting Pokemon Red on one side but not putting Pokemon Blue on the other.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Proteus Jones posted:

So. Canada has been sandbagging this entire time. As I suspected.

Canada gold‐upgraded their moose cavalry to armoured units, keeping the intimidation debuff and running on the strategic resource maple syrup rather than oil.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Canada gold‐upgraded their moose cavalry to armoured units, keeping the intimidation debuff and running on the strategic resource maple syrup rather than oil.

An armoured, combat-trained bull moose is a terrifying thought, thanks.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1314309183580315649?s=19

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Granos? In my vagina?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I keep seeing this ad referenced and I even saw it in the wild. I知 never going to click it but I知 dying to know what the fake hook is.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

I keep seeing this ad referenced and I even saw it in the wild. I知 never going to click it but I知 dying to know what the fake hook is.

well it's a man who was disguised as a nurse, for one

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
And Nurse is Man! With a hook!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
OK how the gently caress is Bayonetta on the right wing side of that image? She literally uses her sexuality as a weapon to fight an evil church that's trying to oppress women.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
because the guy who made it can jack off to it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BioEnchanted posted:

OK how the gently caress is Bayonetta on the right wing side of that image? She literally uses her sexuality as a weapon to fight an evil church that's trying to oppress women.

If the woman in a game can be wank material, she's clearly not an SJW and is therefore right wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RoboRodent posted:

An armoured, combat-trained bull moose is a terrifying thought, thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_cavalry