Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That’s why Mixed Member Proportional should be introduced. While it’s not perfect, it encourages minor party representation and prevents gerrymandering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the problem with reforming the government to be better is that just about everyone in the government is very invested in keeping the way they got into the government exactly the way it is, so they can stay in the government

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

the problem with reforming the government to be better is that just about everyone in the government is very invested in keeping the way they got into the government exactly the way it is, so they can stay in the government

Yup. Which is why reform will never work.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

collocation posted:

The system is broken, the electoral college is bullshit, and 2000 was hosed. However, the electoral college didn't just vote for whoever they wanted to. They voted for who the votes of their state dictated that they had to vote for. It's stupid and the system sucks, but it wasn't willy nilly.

Not that it matters (and it didn't affect the outcome), but not all the college voters voted the way they were supposed to. Bernie Sanders, John Kasich, Ron Paul, Colin Powell, and Faith Spotted Eagle all got votes in the Electoral College in 2016.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
In the interest is bringing this thread back to wrestling

https://twitter.com/thechrislev/status/1312933699948748800?s=20

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dr. Baker posted:

i thought that was a dick on his chest and there was only one

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dr. Baker posted:

I mean... What criteria we talking here? Best work rate? Nah. Made the most money by doing the least amount of work? gently caress yeah, he's a legend, bro.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

one of the only guys to almost kill a company and still get booked places

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i think that when brock is good and one his game, he does the johnny valentine "all the matches on this card are fake except for mine" thing going. i think his first match with roman reigns (the suplex city match) did this really well

that said, he's booked poorly and that makes every wrestler look bad. i think we'd have different tunes about brock if he was booked by gedo, tony khan or nosawa

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Brock Lesnar's squash of John Cena was one of my favorite matches ever. Brock just beat Cena up a bunch and then won. It was perfect. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't Cena actually win that match? Or am I remembering wrong? Like Cena managed to wrap a chain around his hand and KO Brock after getting his rear end beat for 99% of the match? Or was that a different beating?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Brock had a bunch of great matches and then one day he had the great Cena match and that’s the only match he did ever again

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't Cena actually win that match? Or am I remembering wrong? Like Cena managed to wrap a chain around his hand and KO Brock after getting his rear end beat for 99% of the match? Or was that a different beating?

That was Brock’s first match back. He obliterated Cena in their match at Summerslam.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah they brought Brock back and jobbed him out immediately because Vince needed to remind him whose the boss

And then proceeded to give him everything he ever asked for

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That was Brock’s first match back. He obliterated Cena in their match at Summerslam.

The dozen German suplexes, the pin, the zoom right into Brock’s face until everyone’s 16x9 TVs was just filled with the Eyes of The Beast

Maybe the last actual good shot WWE’s ever done, he looked every bit as much like the final boss he’s been booked as ever since

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Yeah they brought Brock back and jobbed him out immediately because Vince needed to remind him whose the boss

And then proceeded to give him everything he ever asked for

You forgot Triple H trying to get sympathy and then a win against Brock at Wrestlemania.

The "you tapped out" chants to Trips is almost as good as the Cena squash and way funnier

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brock's match against CM Punk at Summerslam was also absolutely fantastic.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Brock's first return was so bad. He returns to an expressionless Cena in the ring and then loses to the guy in their first match back. Classic WWE booking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

Brock's first return was so bad. He returns to an expressionless Cena in the ring and then loses to the guy in their first match back. Classic WWE booking.

The match ruled even though the finish was dumb.

https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1314023480875257858

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah, he just throws him across the ring a dozen times, stomps on his hand, knees his ribs, laughs a bunch, then wins and laughs some more. It ruled.

https://youtu.be/7tVUA3DzhF4

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
IIRC Bryan was the guy who was meant to be destroyed by Lesnar so it's another example of WWE falling rear end-backwards into good booking by pure accident and happenstance.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Brock's match against CM Punk at Summerslam was also absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, this is probably his best match since his return.

The Brock matches worth going out of your way to watch between 2012 and 2020 would be:

Brock v. Cena at Extreme Rules 2012 - great match, ruined by a poo poo ending and the wrong guy winning

Brock v. HHH at Extreme Rules 2013 - this was what the WrestleMania match should have been

Brock v. Punk at SummerSlam 2013

Brock v. Cena at SummerSlam 2014

Brock v. Cena v. Rollins at Royal Rumble 2015

Brock v. Roman v. Rollins at WrestleMania 31

Brock v. Undertaker at SummerSlam 2015

Brock v. Undertaker at Hell in a Cell 2015

Brock v. Roman v. Ambrose at Fastlane 2016 - really good match ruined by poo poo "Keep Roman Strong!" booking

Brock v. Braun v. Roman v. Joe at SummerSlam 2017

Brock v. Jinder Mahal AJ at Survivor Series 2017

Brock v. Daniel Bryan at Survivor Series 2018

Brock v. Finn Balor at Royal Rumble 2019 - Hey, I liked it. :colbert:

Brock v. Seth at SummerSlam 2019

The Brockal Rumble at Royal Rumble 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That 2012 match bookends the 2014 match perfectly, even if only retroactively. In the first match, Brock is loving around, toying with Cena, beating up the referees, Cena catches him with the chain punch and beats him. In the 2014 match, Brock is all business and he loving decimates Cena. It rules. Both matches are great in different ways and even their rematch at Night of Champions was fun until the crap finish.

I kinda wish we'd gotten one more Cena vs. Brock match when John was in his Grizzled Vet PWG Big Match John phase.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

My biggest issue with the 2012 match isn't that the ending is bad in a vacuum (it's fine when taken out of context, since it tells a coherent story - Big McLargeHuge comes in, fucks up the hero, but is hoisted by his own petard due to his hubris) but that it came in "the worst year of Cena's life."

Cena absolutely should have been getting beaten left and right, and even knocked down to opening match or even Lo-Down level - "sorry John, you're poo poo and we've given your spot to Drew Carey" to really sell that point home.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

My biggest issue with the 2012 match isn't that the ending is bad in a vacuum (it's fine when taken out of context, since it tells a coherent story - Big McLargeHuge comes in, fucks up the hero, but is hoisted by his own petard due to his hubris) but that it came in "the worst year of Cena's life."

Cena absolutely should have been getting beaten left and right, and even knocked down to opening match or even Lo-Down level - "sorry John, you're poo poo and we've given your spot to Drew Carey" to really sell that point home.

Don't worry, WWE has been doing this for you for multiple years now, just with the entire WWE roster. They even included the 'everyone sucks so much we're pushing a Drew' bit!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Daniel Bryan carried Brock into the best match the WWE has ever had.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Daniel Bryan carried Brock into the best match the WWE has ever had.

It's incredibly obvious when Brock genuinely enjoys working with someone. That match with Bryan was absolutely one of those times.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
The Lesnar/Bryan match up was bad rear end, and the best of his rather formulaic approach to wrestling smaller guys. Daniel has never had a bad match with a top WWE guy, he's Roman, Cena, Sheamus, Big Show, Mark Henry, and many other's best match.

Daniel Bryan is the greatest wrestler of all time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

It's incredibly obvious when Brock genuinely enjoys working with someone. That match with Bryan was absolutely one of those times.
Brock’s also more than happy to bump and sell his rear end off for guys half his size if he likes working with them. I liked the finish of the Finn match because Brock really looked like he slapped the kimura on as a last resort because he was losing otherwise

Then the postmatch happened :cripes:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Finn Balor vs Brock Lesnar was legit one of my favourite matches from last year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ChrisJNorris/status/1314033542163304448

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i'm glad that dave's letter is twice as long as everyone else's

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s disappointing the letter never segued into a story about the first time Dave saw Pat Patterson at the Cow Palace but it’s still amazing

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If that's actually true I'm sure those have at least a historical significance but maybe not the time or place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Finn Balor vs Brock Lesnar was legit one of my favourite matches from last year.

Finn/Lesnar is the closest WWE came to fulfilling Finn's potential since the Universal title win

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they didnt mention WWE because WWE isnt a wrestling company.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’m also willing to bet that wwe forbade anyone who might have made a video from doing so

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If they put anyone from WWE in that then Vince would for sure either fire, bury, or cancel their legend contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I’m also willing to bet that wwe forbade anyone who might have made a video from doing so

They blacklisted DDP and Vickie for being associated with AEW.