Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

generic one posted:

It’s just mind-boggling how the rambling goes on and on and on, jumping from one “greatest” thing to the “bigly” next. The Adderall-driven, brain worm-infested stream of consciousness drivel that exits his mouth knows no ends.

And every single last thing is "Nobody could have ever done it before, nobody thought it was possible, but it's all thanks to me"

I can't believe there's a human being alive who isn't sick of hearing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve said it before: if Trump could stop himself from insisting that everything he does is the greatest bestest thing in the history of greatness (instead of just claiming it’s good or efficient or whatever), he’d be probably 40% more believable.

Not believable, just more.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Melania is only 50 and she was a model which would infer a healthier than average lifestyle. People would probably care more if she was a walking sack of comorbidities like her husband.

Although she must be decently sick still since they would likely leap at the chance to have them both claiming to have beaten covid.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

I’ve said it before: if Trump could stop himself from insisting that everything he does is the greatest bestest thing in the history of greatness (instead of just claiming it’s good or efficient or whatever), he’d be probably 40% more believable.

Let’s not forget the “this thing is happening” or “this thing is coming soon, real fast” claims that are never happening or coming soon. I think that stuff probably contributes a lot to his levels of trust.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Pants Donkey posted:

Melania is only 50 and she was a model which would infer a healthier than average lifestyle. People would probably care more if she was a walking sack of comorbidities like her husband.

Although she must be decently sick still since they would likely leap at the chance to have them both claiming to have beaten covid.

She's use the cover of being sick with Covid to move away from the White House and from Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if we only see her once at Thanksgiving, once at Christmas, and then at the inauguration.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
uh oh

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1314301895075340299

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I suspect this 25th talk from Pelosi has got some feathers ruffled.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Starting to understand why Pence was so adamant about no plexiglass.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

This is fine :tif:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe Trump is going to fire and/or excommunicate Pence.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

cool kids inc. posted:

I suspect this 25th talk from Pelosi has got some feathers ruffled.

What’s the gestation period for fly larvae? He may need to hunker down so he can bring his new spawn to term.

Edit: OK, I think I just grossed myself out. Apologies to anyone else who gets a little queasy, too.

generic one fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 8, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

generic one posted:

What’s the gestation period for fly larvae? He may need to hunker down so he can bring his new spawn to term.

Edit: OK, I think I just grossed myself out. Apologies to anyone else who gets a little queasy, too.

Worth it imo, this reaction makes it all the funnier

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
It’s a shame he’s about to exit political life just as he gives such perfect inspiration to hack political cartoonists.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m genuinely shocked they shot it down, and I’m sure Trump is too.

It makes perfect sense that they would tell him to go take a long walk off a short plank (For purely pragmatic reasons if nothing else, they've no doubt been planning campaign stuff for months now and upending it would be feasible, but still a huge pain. And I am also somewhat surprised they have held firm on it.

BigglesSWE posted:

Very much agreed here too Biggles, he wouldn't even have to have any real humility he could just say that "[Thing] is really good" and he'd be both vastly less annoying and for many people significantly more believable.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

generic one posted:

Got it backwards. The fly is going to erupt with a new batch of larval Pencelings.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Pants Donkey posted:

Got it backwards. The fly is going to erupt with a new batch of larval Pencelings.

Larval Penceling sounds like a conservative GWAR cover band.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nessus posted:

Maybe Trump is going to fire and/or excommunicate Pence.

can't fire the vice president, which admittedly might not stop Trump from trying, and he'd do it by tweet anyway

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1314322340247896065

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

This needs to be the thread title

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
This got put out on twitter(with a full, detailed article that was fully fleshed out and up to date on it that I didn't screenshot) and was deleted almost immediately:

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Data Graham posted:

We just got this one

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314252606110412806?s=20

And a similar one about THE MILITARY earlier.

I’m getting deep fake vibes from these videos, honestly. And I try not too be too :tinfoil:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Catfish Noodlin posted:

This got put out on twitter(with a full, detailed article that was fully fleshed out and up to date on it that I didn't screenshot) and was deleted almost immediately:

Yeah that link is still live: https://deadline.com/2020/10/vice-president-mike-pence-tests-positive-has-coronavirus-after-donald-trump-1234594074/

here is a copy-paste: I have no idea who DEADLINE is and if they are reputable...

The two most powerful men in America now have coronavirus.

Vice President Mike Pence announced late Wednesday that he is among those who have tested positive in the ongoing White House coronavirus outbreak. Pence’s diagnosis puts the number of of recently-infected people in Trump’s circle at 21, according to the New York Times.

It comes after Pence, 61, had repeatedly said he tested negative for the virus, including before Wednesday night’s debate with Kamala Harris. During that debate, Pence frequently defended the administration’s response to coronavirus.

On Thursday evening, when Pence’s schedule in his home state of Indiana was scrapped for a return to D.C., the vice president’s director of communications, Katie Miller, tweeted that there was nothing out of the ordinary afoot. Miller, for her part, tested positive in May.

Related Story
VP Debate Between Kamala Harris & Mike Pence Is Second Most Watched Ever - Update

.@Mike_Pence was always returning to DC tonight as was publicly released on his Daily Guidance. https://t.co/EVuLhJCrWM

— Katie Miller (@VPComDir) October 8, 2020

Oddly, one of the top comments about Pence during the debate related to his eyes. Some armchair epidemiologists speculated that, given the redness of his eyes, he might have coronavirus. While not a commonly documented symptom, it turns out they were right.

According to a doctor’s evaluation the V.P. released during the 2016 campaign, he is overall in “excellent” physical health. Like Trump, Pence does not drink. The only medication he takes is Claritin “for seasonal allergies.” Pence did have two basal cell carcinomas removed from his face, one in 2002 and another eight years later.

Pence’s declaration comes, of course after President Trump revealed early Friday morning that he and First Lady Melania Trump had tested positive.

Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2020

The Wall Street Journal and other outlets reported that the president first tested positive on Thursday, but waited for the results of a second test before alerting others.

The results did not keep Trump from attending a fundraiser on Thursday with about 200 donors that was held partially indoors. Trump also knew at the time of the event that Hicks Had tested positive earlier in the day. Hicks flew twice with the president that week, according to WSJ.

The president has frequently been around other people without his mask, including at rallies and a gathering in 11 days ago in the White House Rose Garden for his supreme court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett. That event may have been a superspreader event given that all of the recent White House cases have been identified in the days since. According to the CDC, COVID-infected people may shed the virus for 10 days after the onset of symptoms. In rare cases, says the CDC, transmission may be possible up to 20 days after symptoms become apparent.

Pence was front and center at the event for Barrett. Others who attended and who have since tested positive include counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, Senator Mike Lee, Senator Thom Tillis and former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who remains hospitalized.

Hicks may have been patient zero in the White House outbreak. White House officials first became aware of her status Wednesday evening, according to the NYT. Hicks traveled on Wednesday with the president on Air Force One to a Minnesota campaign rally. It was during that rally that Hicks began to feel sick. She was separated from the other passengers on the flight home. Hicks had also accompanied Trump to the presidential debate on Wednesday.

Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2020

Other staffers and government officials who have been infected during the White House outbreak include Nicholas Luna, Stephen Miller, Charles Ray, Rhonna McDaniel, Bill Stephen, John Jenkins and Greg Laurie.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Any good news organization will have the predictable stories already written up, edited and with sections highlighted that are intended to be updated with the absolutely most current info available. Someone pushed that article a little too far through the editing/publishing process.

EDIT: LOL Even funnier is that the article is prepped to go on secondhand confirmation - that is, they're assuming NYT will break that news first.

Second edit: I checked the NY Times Twitter just in case, and there's no Pence COVID story. I'm pretty sure that Deadline story is a prepped story that accidentally went live; it happens from time to time.

ArmyGroup303 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 8, 2020

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
So their strategy and the debates was to infect their opponents with COVID-19?

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'd bet on that article being prewritten with the intention of updating the date and publishing if he did catch the 'rona, so I doubt it's anything but a "Oh gently caress, we pushed that live!" fuckup.

It would be hilarious if Pence gets it too, though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kenlon posted:

I'd bet on that article being prewritten with the intention of updating the date and publishing if he did catch the 'rona, so I doubt it's anything but a "Oh gently caress, we pushed that live!" fuckup.

It would be hilarious if Pence gets it too, though.

I mean, lest we forget:

So, you know, might be real.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HisMajestyBOB posted:

So their strategy and the debates was to infect their opponents with COVID-19?
If Trump had a positive result before the debate - and you'll notice they aren't saying he did not, which would presumably be very easy to prove (but might, I suppose, make Trump's balls fall off in shame at revealing documentation to the non-Real Americans) - it is a question of whether it is reckless negligence or attempted assault.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ArmyGroup303 posted:

Any good news organization will have the predictable stories already written up, edited and with sections highlighted that are intended to be updated with the absolutely most current info available. Someone pushed that article a little too far through the editing/publishing process.

EDIT: LOL Even funnier is that the article is prepped to go on secondhand confirmation - that is, they're assuming NYT will break that news first.

WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS LOCKED AND LOADED SO WE GET THE SCOOP AND BEAT EVERYONE ELSE BY SECONDS

... you know, after someone else more reputable goes first

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cabbit posted:

I mean, lest we forget:

So, you know, might be real.

He still has events on for the weekend and next week.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Data Graham posted:

WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS LOCKED AND LOADED SO WE GET THE SCOOP AND BEAT EVERYONE ELSE BY SECONDS

... you know, after someone else more reputable goes first

It's pretty standard news industry practice. Even major city newspapers will rewrite and signal-boost wire stories just to have the story available ASAP and remain relevant. Always look for the "according to the (insert news org)" toward the end of a sentence or paragraph at the top of a story.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

poo poo does Kamala have covid now, being next to Pence?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
That story was already retracted. It was one they had ready to publish and accidentally hit the “publish” button without it actually being true.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
They should put Kamala Harris is a bomb shelter for the next 6 months or so. Trump has the plague, and Biden could stroke out at any second. We need someone to be alive and conscious at the end of all this poo poo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Railing Kill posted:

They should put Kamala Harris is a bomb shelter for the next 6 months or so. Trump has the plague, and Biden could stroke out at any second. We need someone to be alive and conscious at the end of all this poo poo.
How healthy is she anyway?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Grouchio posted:

How healthy is she anyway?

This is a weird question. She’s 55 years old. It’s not like she’s Biden, Trump, or Sanders old.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nessus posted:

it is a question of whether it is reckless negligence or attempted assault.

Bioterrorism

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Trump faking his doctors notes?

https://twitter.com/HelenKennedy/status/1314367526957125632

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol he can't get through sentences

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1314382410084048902
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314380019146412034

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It looks close enough to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Are they going to start tapering him off the steroids? That would be a horrendous crash to deal with during covid's hellish second phase. I was barely mobile for four days.