Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

A lot of doctors won't ever mention it because they aren't aware it could potentially be an issue (even in the sense that it might not last as long as predicted). Women specific healthcare issues are overall neglected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Enfys posted:

Do not put honey up your cooch

Also don't put essential oil up there

Tea tree oil???

:psyduck:

In my early twenties, when I used to wear thongs, I would get BV every six months or so as well as a yeast infection once. Cured the yeast infection by first dipping a tampon in coconut oil and then putting a couple drops of tea tree on it (the coconut prevents the tea tree oil from soaking all up into the tampon). After a couple days of that (changing the tampon regularly of course), followed it up with a tampon dipped in yogurt to help restore my flower’s flora. Worked a charm but ymmv I guess? Definitely don’t buy that lovely mlm garbage, but if you do some actual research you can oil up your cooch safely.

BV got some garlic (cut a couple small slits in it!), followed by the yogurt. Gone in three days, although I would’ve gone to the doctor if it lasted longer. I did get to have the disquieting-but-hilarious experience of going to pee and wondering “why does the bathroom smell like garlic bread?”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dunno why Im remembering the girl I went to college with who thought periods were punishments from god for not having babies who did a 4 year degree in 2 years so she could move back to alaska and marry her boyfriend and crank out babies and stop offending our lord jesus christ.

She believed in free-bleeding, if you didn't guess, as easing the difficulty of her transgression was wrong.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I'm honestly surprised a woman with that mindset went to college in the first place.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Emily Spinach posted:

I'm honestly surprised a woman with that mindset went to college in the first place.

Her husband to be's parents mandated it so she could properly educate the children, I think. She got a degree in philosophy too, which was the most baffling part

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I am confused and afraid.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Barudak posted:

Her husband to be's parents mandated it so she could properly educate the children, I think.

LOL if they think she's going to properly educate the children

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I am confused and afraid.

It's the human condition. Should clear up in like 70 years.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

It's the human condition. Should clear up in like 70 years.

I have bad news about the post-menopausal life.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Going in for a pelvic MRI tomorrow to confirm the confirmation of the confirmation that I have fibroids. :toot: Maybe one day I'll get them lasered out, although apparently one of them is the size of a cantaloupe so my uterus might just be done for.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Mesimean posted:

I'm having a nightmare of a period at the moment. So much so that I've got a doctor appointment monday morning. It started on the 14th in a grand explosion of activity. Alright, I haven't had a proper one in years, and they used to be very heavy to start and then a day or two later they calm down to nothing. It's now the 25th. It is still going strong and heavy. I've been emptying my mooncup every two hours for the last ten days, even through the night, and I'm still bleeding all over the place. With my terrible maths I've lost around a litre of blood and lining and whatever the heck is up there. It shows no sign of stopping. I'm so tired. I'm super pale and my lips keeps getting a blue tinge to them every so often. I feel dead.

Once this is over I never want to bleed again!

I hope you're okay!

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Barudak posted:

She got a degree in philosophy too

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
My period's been surprisingly mild this week but it's also doing this new thing where close to the end there's a new burst of cramps and fresh bleeding for about 12 hours. Painful and annoying.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Sometimes I'll have weird cramps, as if my period is heavy but it's not. Then my cramps will subside when my period is on full blast. It's like it gets stuck up there and when it's finally released, my uterus is relieved or something.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Our duration of knowing each other consisted of me making this face a lot. She was deep into old sci-fi because, like, what the hell do you do in Alaska for a lot of the year except watch TV and read books. She also had never seen a black person before and took photos of the first one she met so she could prove to her family she was the first one to have ever(?) done so.

I hope her and her weirdly philosophical alaskan frontier children named after star trek captains are ready to repopulate the earth after the rest of us die.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Barudak posted:

I hope her and her weirdly philosophical alaskan frontier children named after star trek captains are ready to repopulate the earth after the rest of us die.

"Friedrich Garak Palin, you close that door before the bears git in!"

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Halfway through my period and I woke up with a pounding headache and a general sense of shittiness. Here's hoping all the coffee in the house fixes it. Toilet posting as I have massive period dumps from all the coffee.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

my period app told me that having a two day period every time isn't normal and now I'm like. Oh poo poo really uhhhh. because it's always been two days. it would be fitting if a thing I've lightly bragged about in the past killed me somehow.

Although, I'd gladly trade my short periods for ones that were less painful.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My period won’t end as will my “oh gently caress I did listen to a LOT of Van Halen and now I’m turbo sad” thoughts

It’s me, crying to Hot for Teacher. This period has been me crying to so many things.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

teen witch posted:

My period won’t end as will my “oh gently caress I did listen to a LOT of Van Halen and now I’m turbo sad” thoughts

It’s me, crying to Hot for Teacher. This period has been me crying to so many things.

*gently puts hand on your shoulder.*

You got it bad. So bad.

sorry, I couldn't resist, hope it made you laugh and not sadmore

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hey teacher I bought my period!!!!
GIMME SOMETHING TO BLEED ON

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

As many problems as my period has caused for me, I'm so very, very glad that it has never messed with my moods/emotions. Having uncontrollable sources dictate your mood is loving hellish, and I say this as someone who nearly burst into tears in August because the 99-cent store didn't have a chair. Yay for summer depression that people like to pretend is only about women being afraid to wear bikinis!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

IT'S THE BIKINIS THAT SHOULD BE AFRAID OF US!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Skratte posted:

my period app told me that having a two day period every time isn't normal and now I'm like. Oh poo poo really uhhhh. because it's always been two days. it would be fitting if a thing I've lightly bragged about in the past killed me somehow.

Although, I'd gladly trade my short periods for ones that were less painful.

my bestie had 3 day periods for years, but it got stretched to like 5 after she had kids

there are outliers

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

yeah I'm trying not to worry about it. Aside from being abnormally short they're pretty regular. I don't even spot before or after. I just dump all my blood out in a couple days and then 28 days later I do it again. So close to the dream of just dumping it all out in one go. Although I think if that was a thing that happened I'd probably put a fist through the cabinet next to the toilet from the pain during, so maybe it's for the best bodies don't do that

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Skratte posted:

yeah I'm trying not to worry about it. Aside from being abnormally short they're pretty regular. I don't even spot before or after. I just dump all my blood out in a couple days and then 28 days later I do it again. So close to the dream of just dumping it all out in one go. Although I think if that was a thing that happened I'd probably put a fist through the cabinet next to the toilet from the pain during, so maybe it's for the best bodies don't do that

Said this in the thread before, but 'sup two day periods pal, you are not alone :wave:. Mine are regular too and don't give much hassle, apart from the shortness everything seems fine. So let's count ourselves lucky!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 9, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
augggh I got them sawblades. Lately I have one tiny little nothing period and then a five-day gap and then a ten-day hell period which is great because it basically never ends

Mesimean
Feb 16, 2012

Stoca Zola posted:

I hope you're okay!

Still alive! Still bleeding though it looks like it's stopping at last. Was put onto tranexamic (?) acid for 5 days which made me feel so sick on top of things, but seemed to have worked. Terrorfied I'm going to start bleeding again in a few days though. Now got the fun task of trying to get the doctor to investigate what is going on, or at least send me to someone else who can. Getting a face to face appointment with anyone is like getting blood from a stone right now.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my typical blood inundation is a pretty tame event, but this one is being downright unpleasant, at least by my own standards. Yesterday it was an evening of cramps and strong bowel movement, all of which made me feel like my insides were being chewed on from within; and today I’ve actually been feeling a bit of nausea, which almost never happens and which I distinctly do not appreciate dammit :mad: on the bright side, these more intense cycles only happen a couple of times a year, and iirc they’re a bit shorter

at times like this I find Let’s Plays of horror games oddly soothing

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Mesimean posted:

Still alive! Still bleeding though it looks like it's stopping at last. Was put onto tranexamic (?) acid for 5 days which made me feel so sick on top of things, but seemed to have worked. Terrorfied I'm going to start bleeding again in a few days though. Now got the fun task of trying to get the doctor to investigate what is going on, or at least send me to someone else who can. Getting a face to face appointment with anyone is like getting blood from a stone right now.

Surprised they're not doing a D&C to be honest, hope it stays gone.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I often get shortness of breath right before I get my period, which is really not ideal during a pandemic. I also always get stomach cramps the night before and worry about why my stomach hurts because I literally never loving remember It’s coming.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Jiru posted:

Said this in the thread before, but 'sup two day periods girl, you are not alone :wave:. Mine are regular too and don't give much hassle, apart from the shortness everything seems fine. So let's count ourselves lucky!

I used to but that app spooked me, ha. Also I'm a guy.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My fwb came over last night, I hadn’t seen him in a couple of months. Somehow during sex he hit my cervix dead on. I immediately got massive cramping and nausea! Wtf!

What bullshit from my uterus. Just lay around feeling dizzy waiting for painkillers to kick in, trying to at least make conversation, until he went home. My period isn’t even due until next week.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
mine's been both weirdly light AND roughly on time per clue which never happens. I'm ok with this but frankly don't trust that the floodgates won't open at some point. And I forgot to buy more super tampons which I feel is asking for trouble.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Waiting on fibroid MRI results. :ohdear:

Also, I nearly fell asleep in the machine -- it was comfortable, the temperature was perfect, and most of the whirring was pleasant.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Skratte posted:

I used to but that app spooked me, ha. Also I'm a guy.

Apologies. Edited out the misgendering. Very sorry!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone get period or post period weight gain? My clothing is looser and I look a bit smaller but I gained 2KG during this week apparently and for someone finally getting a semi grip on my ED and lingering period hormones I’m not great

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

Does anyone get period or post period weight gain? My clothing is looser and I look a bit smaller but I gained 2KG during this week apparently and for someone finally getting a semi grip on my ED and lingering period hormones I’m not great

I get gut and boob poofy about a week before the evil happens

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

teen witch posted:

Yeah it can be very hard to get a good sense of weight when you've got a uterus and a pile of fluctuating hormones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

IT'S THE BIKINIS THAT SHOULD BE AFRAID OF US!