Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Im stuck on the gears/machines part of Prestige Tree. Up to 1e83 and 2e58 respectively.

I barely get any progress, the next Space building upgrade or machine brick upgrade is multiple bricks away, the remaining few machine challenges are miles away.
I have tried a myriad of mastery building configurations and none are able to kick me past this stage.
I keep checking the various nodes to see if there are any upgrades i have missed, there are none.
It feels like i am missing something obvious.
I alternated between putting everything in building 2 and everything in building 3 and seeing what worked. There was however a big grind to get Imperium brick 22, which updates something, which makes it easier to get IB 23 and upgrade machines. That was the one big slowdown I encountered while bumbling my way to the endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

dipple posted:

Try 1/1/5, you're around the point where you gotta push to the gear e96 upgrade.
Aye, that was it!
Must have been like the single combination of master brick buildings i didn't try, sigh.

Kyrosiris posted:

Wait am I playing on the wrong URL because I don't know where the heck this gears and machines part of prestige tree is. :psyduck:

https://jacorb90.github.io/Prestige-Tree/index.html

Lufia posted:

I alternated between putting everything in building 2 and everything in building 3 and seeing what worked. There was however a big grind to get Imperium brick 22, which updates something, which makes it easier to get IB 23 and upgrade machines. That was the one big slowdown I encountered while bumbling my way to the endgame.

Thanks, i am well past that stage though, i am at 46 IBricks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Okay so I am playing on the right URL. Y'all have gotten past these super-prestige point and hyperspace energy walls? :wtc: I'm over here trying to figure out how to get my 32nd phantom soul so I can maybe progress, lmao.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Literally 80% of the time you will spend on the game is on the gears and machines nodes, at least for me. Gotta find the optimum combination of master brick upgrades with hyperspace building upgrades (eventually you can cap all hyperspace buildings, but picking the correct ones is critical to progress at some points)

This has been one of the more interesting incrementals i have played, up until the gears/machine nodes. What a complete garbage the last layer is.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

dis astranagant posted:

This is cute, someone made Candy Box as a Prestige Tree mod https://raw.githack.com/Acamaeda/Candy-Tree/master/index.html

e: not much content tho

This is a neat idea, but that it very quickly requires you to grind out 1e1000 lollipops is utterly ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that they just ran out of content after a few minutes of gameplay and threw up an impossibly high barrier pretending there's more past it, but still.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yeah, I really liked Prestige Tree when it was just various categories bouncing off each other and letting each other grow - no real wrong answers, at worst you might just be improving a less-useful thing instead of a more-impactful thing.

I liked this last update and its build/spec-focused nature a lot less, where if you're not in the right spec for what you're trying to do you just simply won't be able to do it.

I had the same reaction to his other game, Distance - my interest level shut down hard when I got to the part where you had to play around with theory tree specs.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

:same:

Its a shame really, i really enjoyed the earlier layers of Prestige Tree. Mashing the buttons gave constant progress, the next milestone was never far away, and there was virtually zero gain from long waits or going offline.
There are so many games that wants you to do an action like every 10 minutes but nothing to do inbetween but wait, Synergism being the newest one.
Having a pure incremental without the idle part was a refreshing take on the genre, but that whole guess which upgrade is best part soured me on the whole game. Im up to e270ish gears now with the next upgrade at e320 and again have hit a wall that presumably requires a specific set of master brick buildings.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

This is a neat idea, but that it very quickly requires you to grind out 1e1000 lollipops is utterly ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that they just ran out of content after a few minutes of gameplay and threw up an impossibly high barrier pretending there's more past it, but still.

Those are obvious placeholders. Found out that it's on hold til the mod api matures a bit.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Having a pure incremental without the idle part was a refreshing take on the genre, but that whole guess which upgrade is best part soured me on the whole game. Im up to e270ish gears now with the next upgrade at e320 and again have hit a wall that presumably requires a specific set of master brick buildings.
I also hate the having to respec every 10 mins gameplay loop, but it does seem to boil down to maxing either building 3 or 2, then the other one, then building 1 with any bricks left over, rather than a very specific build.

Which makes it worse actually. I could see that kind of stuff working if you made a bit of a puzzle out of it, but once you find the correct build you never have to respec again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Progress has ground to a halt for me in Synergism and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep with it. At this point I'm close to being done with the ant stuff, have all but 2 runes maxed, all but 1 of the talismans maxed out, blessings all 1k+, and every challenge completed, but I'm still like 1B away from finishing the first Sadistic challenge which I assume is what I need next for the Ascension tier. I guess I could leave it on the Sadistic challenge for a day and see if that gets me that first level?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

No, Synergism challenges are 10 second deals and not something you wait for.

I dont remember specifically what to do at that stage. Are all 4 of your talismans 180/180 and specced 2-4-5?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ineptitude posted:

Are all 4 of your talismans 180/180 and specced 2-4-5?

1-2-4 for challenges, 2-4-5 for ant growth. :eng101:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hmm, I only have three talismans? And 2 of them are 180, the other one is 150 but that is the Ant one so maybe that's part of my problem. I haven't been able to finish the No-Runes challenge quite yet which appears to be what I need to shoot for at this point.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

explosivo posted:

Hmm, I only have three talismans? And 2 of them are 180, the other one is 150 but that is the Ant one so maybe that's part of my problem. I haven't been able to finish the No-Runes challenge quite yet which appears to be what I need to shoot for at this point.

The 4th talisman you're likely to get is the one from the shop.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
All I want from a new idler is some kind of semi-decent sense of progression and scale.

Like, lemmie idle the universe but start from the big bang generating particles to worlds and stars and poo poo.
Once I get worlds, let me develop life
Once I have life, let me develop skills and construction and exploration
Once i have construction let me create industry
Once I have exploration let me have colonisation
Once I have industry, let me develop jobs and roles
Once i reach a certain point let me explore the galaxy and colonise the universe
Once i colonise the universe let me use all resources and jump dimensions
Once i get through all dimensions, let me go do something else.

Each one of the stages could have some different kind of idle mechanic or perk like NGU. Progress wouldn't simply be a number going up.

Make it super granular too. Like building your first "home" is carving a hole in the wall or fetching branches or something and it takes ages to first develop skills and such like engineering, brickmaking before you then go into working your way up to a modern house.

That in itself would then take ages the first time, but the speed would depend on how many workers of each type you'd applied to it, the general skill levels of each of the trades and then the individual things that were being built on the house, like flooring, roofing, electricals, plumbing etc.

I'm thinking idlers inside idlers here.

So, while you're slowly plugging away and building a house and civilisation and poo poo, your original universe idler is still ticking away growing the universe your civilisation resides in. Then it comes back into play as the resource you tap into when you're colonising said universe. You could have some wacky poo poo like automatically generating other life in the universe which idles by itself eventually leading to the unlocking of tech perks that speed things up when you get to the explore a universe stage.

Call it idle existence or something.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

That sounds like a mod for Prestige Tree. (A possible one, not an existing one)
Apparently it is easy (" ") to mod Prestige Tree

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Meh, I'd want a snazzy interface with nice visuals of an the different idle mechanics.

Click on a house and boom, you're inside it seeing all the different idlers ticking away.

Take a step up and you can see how your overall housing estate is going.

Another step up and here's how the city is, etc.

Essentially, imagine being able to click on almost anything to then be taken to the idle mechanisms that improve it.

So you're in that house view and you can click on the plumbing, which then shows you the perks or other connected things that improve plumbing speed. Or click on the plumber dvd you can now see the things that improve their speed doing the task. That might be stuff like skills, healthcare, strength, dexterity.

For example, you've put the effort into investing your resource (say money for simplicity) into agriculture research which is generating better quality food that is then providing a net boost to everything that eats the food. So teachers teach better, plumbers plumb better but then there are cumulative effects like the better quality teaching leads to better production by the plumber.

You also have to train plumbers one at a time until you automate it, etc.

Systems on top of systems.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

You won't get 25 completions of no runes until you're in the next tier. The 4th talisman is the shop one. It shouldn't be strictly necessary (it's very expensive to level), but it can help.

The next tier is slow going to start but opens up a lot after a few days and gives you several options for progression.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

does anyone know if energy bars in ngu idle contributes to your overall energy output or does it just make you get to your energy cap faster after a rebirth?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
E/M/R3 speed is how many ticks per second (there are fifty per second) generate one of that resource, bars make it produce that many resources every time it produces. So if you have fifty Energy speed and fifty Energy bars, you get 2500 Energy per second before other bonuses.

Bars also make your beards grow faster and I believe contribute to wishes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

You won't get 25 completions of no runes until you're in the next tier. The 4th talisman is the shop one. It shouldn't be strictly necessary (it's very expensive to level), but it can help.

The next tier is slow going to start but opens up a lot after a few days and gives you several options for progression.

Eh I just gave up and relapsed back to NGU lol.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'll hand out a Steam key or two here for industries once i launch my next build, if there's folks interested.

edit: which is in a day or so.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I am interested.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

something posted:

I'll hand out a Steam key or two here for industries once i launch my next build, if there's folks interested.

:f5:

does this make the thread an idler?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

something posted:

Yeah I'd be interested or is there any early access to give you a little dough

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Definitely interested.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I'm interested too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'd like one too, I'm curious to see how much has changed since the last build I played months ago.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Yeah I'd be interested or is there any early access to give you a little dough

too early for early access!

but the testing now is building to an eventual Early Access release, yeah.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Also interested!

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

just gonna slam those industrial numbers right into my veins

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wrong thread. yes to video game

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

You better believe I want a key to your next game :)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm interested in this

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also interested.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Samesies, would be interesting. I mucked about with the really early demo on Kong a bit.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm stuck in Synergism. I don't mean in a slow patch, I mean the game has bugged out and it just sits on the Loading Offline Progress screen forever. Any advice?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
uh something it's already late he PROMISED it'd be out by now and I'm very mad don't encourage him

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
i am very mad at eldercain's post it really really hurt my feelings this is not a shitpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
double post sorry, but i just handed out 3 keys to some goon folks. i should have said it's easier to get a hold of a key if you're present on the ngu discord with the goon role, cause i have to do discord stuff in my other, NGU INDUSTRIES discord to set you up for testing.

Every so often i'll still hand out some keys to you fine people, if you're still interested :)