Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FMguru posted:

Isn't dragging politicians out in the street and subjecting them to citizen's trials (and then humilation/execution) a big part of right-wing wank fanfic like The Turner Diaries and similar stories?

Yeah, that's a big part of the militia movement going way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

Isn't dragging politicians out in the street and subjecting them to citizen's trials (and then humilation/execution) a big part of right-wing wank fanfic like The Turner Diaries and similar stories?

TBF I want the same thing except with the wealthy.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

We need to get a committee of public safety going

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
dragging politicians for trial is fairly a political.

when the trails become because your black is when you get full diaries

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

CharlestheHammer posted:

dragging politicians for trial is fairly a political.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
there is no way Ben Shapiro would say that.

he has to be vague and dogwhstlely to keep his ad revenue

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

salisbury shake posted:

looks like a gay fascist was recruited as the face of the United States Nationalist Party.

this is thomas cade martin. he's a marine.

currently the USNP is rebranding as the United States Nationalist Initiative. this name change happened within the last 3 days. https://www.officialusni.org and https://www.officialusnp.org are the same sites. their facebook still has USNP branded images, but they've deleted hundreds of incredibly racist and antisemitic calls to literal murder from their comments. their facebook still has anti-LGBT propaganda uploaded, and has rehashed patriot front memes.

oh, did I mention that thomas cade martin was kicked out of school and sent to jail for making terroristic threats? a video of him surfaced in which he goes into excruciating detail about how he'd bomb his school with propane tanks and then shoot survivors from a hill as they fled. here's an article about it and this article has a longer clip of his video. "it was just a prank bro" was his excuse.

From feb: Camp Pendleton Marine under investigation for allegedly sharing white supremacist material online

Recently: https://twitter.com/RuthlessWe/status/1311062866414284800

he's still a marine and claimed on facebook that his superiors are protecting him during the investigations into his white supremacist bs

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

why would an anarchists want to kidnap the governor.

In their complaint their thinking was that they would kidnap the governor which would inspire other patriots in several states to storm their capital buildings and seize control from their governments as well

They really had no plans beyond "we are a spark that fans the flame which leads to the collapse of the US government"

One guy spent $4k on a night scope as well.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
yeah these shitheads always think that their terrorism will be what sparks civil war 2: rahowa rising when in reality all it sparks is a bunch of dipshits screaming FALSE FLAG KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY NOT

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

In their complaint their thinking was that they would kidnap the governor which would inspire other patriots in several states to storm their capital buildings and seize control from their governments as well

They really had no plans beyond "we are a spark that fans the flame which leads to the collapse of the US government"

...I wonder if he's selling a $4k night scope cheap.

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Zeroisanumber posted:

guess which one of these is likely to happen and which one is a dumbass goon fantasy shared by like, 1500 extremely online people

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

did you come right back of probation to troll some more.

that’s so sad

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

salisbury shake posted:

he's still a marine and claimed on facebook that his superiors are protecting him during the investigations into his white supremacist bs

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Didn't a sitting representative or somesuch in the south literally get kidnapped by pigs on false charges and the DA frauduently named a witness in order to prevent them from dismissing the charges? Am I misremembering this event or did the coup actually already occur? Does anyone know what happened to that public defender with a mysterious warrant out for their arrest that no one can tell them what it's for?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

FCKGW posted:

Bushman noooooooooo

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

CharlestheHammer posted:

did you come right back of probation to troll some more.

that’s so sad

your're*

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
the other alt-right thread hit page eighty eight and fourteen hundred, and had to reboot.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tubgoat posted:

Didn't a sitting representative or somesuch in the south literally get kidnapped by pigs on false charges and the DA frauduently named a witness in order to prevent them from dismissing the charges? Am I misremembering this event or did the coup actually already occur? Does anyone know what happened to that public defender with a mysterious warrant out for their arrest that no one can tell them what it's for?

The first part is Portsmourth Virginia, I work there, they charged a state senator and all the local NAACP folks with felonies for an unauthorized statue removal they weren’t at. Then when the mayor said that was bad they charged her too, then charged the local DA when she said these weren’t crimes.

why yes all these people are black why do you ask

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

salisbury shake posted:

From feb: Camp Pendleton Marine under investigation for allegedly sharing white supremacist material online

Watch Trump pardon him for whatever.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Watch Trump pardon him for whatever.
Then watch innumerable conservatives gasp in horror as liberals and those actually on the left criticize him for being a fascist.

"My god," declare the conservatives, "do you not know this man is GAY!? Looks like you people were the real homophobes all along!"

No matter how many times it doesn't work, conservatives and fascists will continue to think "muhaha we got the left cornered now" every time they find someone who isn't a straight white guy to front for their reactionary antics.

Enver Zogha has issued a correction as of 13:40 on Oct 9, 2020

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/awinston/status/1314584069863354371

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I wonder if there's a rush to crack down on a bunch of these groups before the elections. I can forsee a lot of unknowns from these groups if Trump loses.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

I wonder if there's a rush to crack down on a bunch of these groups before the elections. I can forsee a lot of unknowns from these groups if Trump loses.

There has to be, this election is gonna be nuts and these are absolutely low hanging fruit for the FBI.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FCKGW posted:

There was a big report from some 3 letter agency a week or so ago talking about how the time between the election and the inauguration was going to be a super dangerous time because the far right is going to go absolutely bugfuck nuts if Trump loses. Even if Trump does slink away quietly, there's going to be a whole lotta violence.

They were definitely trying to not do anything like this, but I think that seeing polls (lol I know) showing Trump losing big have kinda forced their hand. If they don't do anything and one of these groups pops off in a big way, that's a load of inevitable career destroying "why didn't you do something" congressional investigations.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Rah! posted:

chuds are already blaming ANTIFAAAAAA for it, because one of the militia chuds has an anarchist flag in his room:

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1314267058339819520

lol

Yeah, its far more likely that he's a politically illiterate moron who thinks the symbol looks cool.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

chuds are already blaming ANTIFAAAAAA for it, because one of the militia chuds has an anarchist flag in his room:

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1314267058339819520

lol

What's the other flag over on the right? Looks like some kind of stylized snake where the stars should be?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What's the other flag over on the right? Looks like some kind of stylized snake where the stars should be?

It's a large P and some pellets, i.e. the "pee and poo" flag.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I haven't seen it solved either.

My assumption based on the overall design and lack of identification with a known group is that it's the flag for their little militia, but that's pure speculation.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's the logo for Periphery, a prog metal band.

So he's a major-rear end dweeb, in addition to a far-right shithead.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beard Dandruff posted:

Yeah, its far more likely that he's a politically illiterate moron who thinks the symbol looks cool.

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1314364601866178560

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1314370298683170821

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Azathoth posted:

There was a big report from some 3 letter agency a week or so ago talking about how the time between the election and the inauguration was going to be a super dangerous time because the far right is going to go absolutely bugfuck nuts if Trump loses. Even if Trump does slink away quietly, there's going to be a whole lotta violence.

They were definitely trying to not do anything like this, but I think that seeing polls (lol I know) showing Trump losing big have kinda forced their hand. If they don't do anything and one of these groups pops off in a big way, that's a load of inevitable career destroying "why didn't you do something" congressional investigations.
I don't really buy this recurring meme that the FBI has some kind of affinity for far right groups. Boogaloo morons are virign NEETs who want to LARP out fight club irl. the FBI is comprised of careerist institutionalist bureaucrats whose career plans and plans for their personal lives very much depend on the continued integrity of the federal government. they just both happen to be filled with white supremacists

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gaupo Guacho posted:

I don't really buy this recurring meme that the FBI has some kind of affinity for far right groups. Boogaloo morons are virign NEETs who want to LARP out fight club irl. the FBI is comprised of careerist institutionalist bureaucrats whose career plans and plans for their personal lives very much depend on the continued integrity of the federal government. they just both happen to be filled with white supremacists

it's one of those cases where white supremacists, who see benefit in maintaining BIPOC folks as an economically exploitable underclass, and white nationalists, who want to genocide BIPOC folks, come into deep conflict because the latter runs the risk of loving it up for the former

more than literally any other governmental institution, the fbi is deeply invested in maintaining the governmental monopoly on violence and on the maintenance of "order" nationally, because said economic underclass cannot be exploited if they're dead/expelled and they also rise up in response to an incipient white nationalist revolution

it really shouldn't surprise anyone that the fbi is cracking their heads

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

why would an anarchists want to kidnap the governor.

There is precedence for anarchist violence in Michigan.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

There actually is a lot of progressive anarchist history and activism in Michigan, in Detroit and Ann Arbor. Anyone know if the trumbleplex is still around? I used to crash there in the late 90s sometimes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1314849923582566400?s=19

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
JJ MacNab continues to be dumb as hell

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1314931382171336705

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

KozmoNaut posted:

It's the logo for Periphery, a prog metal band.

So he's a major-rear end dweeb, in addition to a far-right shithead.
he also had a gadsden flag as well, which is not as cool as the periphery flag

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
arguing over "terrorist" vs "militia" nomenclature is kinda silly. they can be both, although i prefer the term "meal team six"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also if you're gonna do the boogaloo you have to do the shabba doo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDL4PvDmThc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

arguing over "terrorist" vs "militia" nomenclature is kinda silly. they can be both, although i prefer the term "meal team six"

Branding bro, millitia in americana are heroic fight the british kind who only take up arms when tyranny or outsiders[native americans] are about. A group enshrined in the american constitution.

You dont want to give them easy propaganda for the stupid part of the populace.