Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Our boys are guesting on Hello from the Magic tavern!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Our boys are guesting on Hello from the Magic tavern!

Are the finally going to review the Burger King next to the portal?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
They're also on Blank Check talking about Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Sexy cartoon ladies. Yep, sounds right up Wiger’s alley

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

crimedog posted:

Was a good episode worth listening to

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

crimedog posted:

It's a good episode, I like Griffin especially when he's discussing behind the scenes details in an affable way. Although sometimes he's at a 10 and needs to bring it down to a 7, we heard your joke the first time you don't need to shout it five more times.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I could go for some lemon on pancakes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea never tried that before but that sounds pretty good not gonna lie

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

sexpig by night posted:

yea never tried that before but that sounds pretty good not gonna lie

I'd rather have it then the "golden syrup" or whatever that's just pure corn syrup.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I assumed "golden syrup" was just a British euphemism for piss, mate, urine innit?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
nah golden syrup is indeed just corn syrup, I can't imagine eating it straight with pancakes.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The lemon thing made a lot more sense when I found out that their pancakes aren’t like American ones - they’re more like crepes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't think it is from corn, but from sugar cane or sugar beet. This stuff.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think it is from corn, but from sugar cane or sugar beet. This stuff.

Yeah Golden Syrup is basically a very light coloured treacle (molasses). It also comes in a victorian looking tin with a picture of a dead lion on it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is it a thing that's different for english people then, because I'm almost positive last time I bought golden syrup for candy making it was corn.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

How does Wiger not know what a tornado is? Is this a midwest only food?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Well this is the first time I've seen someone refer to a tornado as something food related so I'm guessing yeah

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I haven't listened to the episode yet so I don't know if they reference it, but this is the only other time I've heard tornado used as a food (which tracks with it being a midwestern thing):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iE4N5kbZLw

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

New guest isn't winning me over by mentioning going to Harvard immediately, then complaining about their cafeteria quality. Kinda like how Hodgman will bring up Yale at every opportunity.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

oh me? oh I just went to a school near boston, :smug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hyrax Attack! posted:

New guest isn't winning me over by mentioning going to Harvard immediately, then complaining about their cafeteria quality. Kinda like how Hodgman will bring up Yale at every opportunity.

I liked her but yea fuckin big lol at 'I was so silly I didn't even know the Harvard dining hall chicken tikka masala wasn't authentic' as one of the first things out of her mouth.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I liked her but yea fuckin big lol at 'I was so silly I didn't even know the Harvard dining hall chicken tikka masala wasn't authentic' as one of the first things out of her mouth.

Yeah she's a fine guest but it's super offputting when people can't stand the idea of someone not knowing their high status for even a second so they make sure to say it as soon as possible. I'm in the Seattle area and some techbros are terrible about "my name is Microsoft Q. Amazon, I can't stress enough how much money I make, where do you work?" When one guy wouldn't take multiple social cues to stop asking what I was paid I said a billion dollars and he got mad.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 8, 2020

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I started listening after seeing these and it is Nick who brings it up. I guess, what else are you going to talk about w/ someone who went to Harvard. It's the most interesting thing about them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

I started listening after seeing these and it is Nick who brings it up. I guess, what else are you going to talk about w/ someone who went to Harvard. It's the most interesting thing about them.

oh is it? Well now I'm the rear end in a top hat, I thought he said she went to college in Boston or something and she was all 'well yes at Harvard'.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
does she talk about her cronies

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

oh is it? Well now I'm the rear end in a top hat, I thought he said she went to college in Boston or something and she was all 'well yes at Harvard'.

No you're remember correctly, but "a school near Boston" is Harvard. I counted it as bringing it up because it's such a thinly veiled euphemism.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Did they go to Harvard?"
"I'm not sure."
"That means they didn't."

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I stopped listening to the one with Eva Anderson (Mooby's) when they were joking about Nick having a personal rear end-wiper or whatever and she was like "and now that the Covid benefits have expired you can probably find someone to do it, too!". I'm not pissed at the guys or anything but it's pretty gross to hear someone casually yuk it up about the desperation of tens of millions of unemployed people. Was that just me?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Not the Doughboys in particular, but I am extremely tired of comedians whining about quarantine.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
i think they acknowledged that it was hosed

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Human Tornada posted:

I stopped listening to the one with Eva Anderson (Mooby's) when they were joking about Nick having a personal rear end-wiper or whatever and she was like "and now that the Covid benefits have expired you can probably find someone to do it, too!". I'm not pissed at the guys or anything but it's pretty gross to hear someone casually yuk it up about the desperation of tens of millions of unemployed people. Was that just me?
yes it's you

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

they make a "nick molests children" joke nearly every episode so i had personally been conditioned to believe that the jokes they make aren't necessarily an endorsement of the activities described in the joke

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I guess it was just me then.

little munchkin posted:

they make a "nick molests children" joke nearly every episode so i had personally been conditioned to believe that the jokes they make aren't necessarily an endorsement of the activities described in the joke

Yeah no poo poo, I didn't say anybody was personally endorsing Nick hiring a personal rear end-wiper. Only that her "haha poor people" joke was bad and made me not want to listen to her.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I dreamt I double teamed a girl with Wiger last night. It was gross and I don’t feel good and don’t know why my brain would think of that

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I dreamt I double teamed a girl with Wiger last night. It was gross and I don’t feel good and don’t know why my brain would think of that

That's hosed man, sickening.

Was he good?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

wow

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Oh wow hey buddy I'm gonna cum buddy

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Oh wow hey buddy I'm gonna cum buddy

Dude why are you only looking at me, look at the girl!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

im sorry you got grossed out by a woman showing up in your sex dream about nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

I guess it was just me then.

Yeah no poo poo, I didn't say anybody was personally endorsing Nick hiring a personal rear end-wiper. Only that her "haha poor people" joke was bad and made me not want to listen to her.

do you feel the same revulsion at "haha sex abuse victims" and "haha suicide", or do you just reserve your ire for when a woman makes a problematic joke?

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 9, 2020