Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theironjef posted:

When that stinger scene dropped all I could think of was the battle in Endgame where the moment he arrives he just pops his mask off in front of two armies. Like yeah you're probably not gonna get sold out by a Ravager, Wakandan, or spare wizard, but it's not like that fight happened indoors or something, any number of civilians could have been drawn to the sound of fighting and spaceships and junk.

The avengers base is out in the middle of nowhere, but even then it’d be more like that JLU Scene where Lex is in Flash’s body, nobody is going to have any idea who he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did you see Far From Home? It wasn’t implied, that was explicit in the movie.

I think New Wave Jose was saying that after the trailer dropped and people were speculating what would happen in the movie, he was saying that was his personal theory about what QB's deal was.

Which is fine.
I saw way too many people who were legit going "this guy named Mysterio. Whose powers are about illusion, misdirection and razmatazz. He must be totally on the level with what he's saying."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

theironjef posted:

When that stinger scene dropped all I could think of was the battle in Endgame where the moment he arrives he just pops his mask off in front of two armies. Like yeah you're probably not gonna get sold out by a Ravager, Wakandan, or spare wizard, but it's not like that fight happened indoors or something, any number of civilians could have been drawn to the sound of fighting and spaceships and junk.

I mean, no one knows who Peter Parker is besides Tony, Happy, and Pepper and I doubt there were a lot of onlookers with their phones out in the middle of a battlefield. And I doubt Wong took a second to take a selfie in the middle of the battle. So I think it was probably ok.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I know it’s a movie thing but it absolutely killed me how everyone constantly took off their magical masks to show their face dieting the fight in Endgame. You’re in the middle of a fight don’t take off your helmet we learned this in Starship Troopers forever ago

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I know it’s a movie thing but it absolutely killed me how everyone constantly took off their magical masks to show their face dieting the fight in Endgame. You’re in the middle of a fight don’t take off your helmet we learned this in Starship Troopers forever ago

I mean, I don't know if Star-Lord or Spidey would have seen Starship Troopers...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean, I don't know if Star-Lord or Spidey would have seen Starship Troopers...

Spidey would have seen it, it's a sci fi movie from a really long time ago.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vince MechMahon posted:

Spidey would have seen it, it's a sci fi movie from a really long time ago.

He would even get its message.

But Marvel is pretty good at having their heroes keep their masks and helmets on though. The whole HUD shot was crated to show RDJs face while keeping it on.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

theironjef posted:

any number of civilians could have been drawn to the sound of fighting and spaceships and junk.

Any number of civilians in a 3 square mile radius probably got killed by that orbital bombardment. If you lived through it, and didn't have powers, you'd better be running away from the sudden war zone.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

People will miss a guy dancing in a gorilla suit if they're looking too closely at a layup in a high school basketball game. I think it's fair to assume no one was paying attention to the specific facial details of the squeaky white boy who took his mask off for a minute in the middle of the most catastrophic and high stakes war to ever occur in all of history.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IUG posted:

Any number of civilians in a 3 square mile radius probably got killed by that orbital bombardment. If you lived through it, and didn't have powers, you'd better be running away from the sudden war zone.

Yea, pretty sure a massive area in upstate New York was obliterated by the battle. Anyone who was there was either in the Avengers or Thanos's army.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

IUG posted:

I mean, it’s upstate NY. “Anyone in a 3 mile radius” is like four people and a cat.

Also, there’s gonna be a MODOK show with Patton Oswalt?!?! How did I not know about this?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SlimGoodbody posted:

People will miss a guy dancing in a gorilla suit if they're looking too closely at a layup in a high school basketball game. I think it's fair to assume no one was paying attention to the specific facial details of the squeaky white boy who took his mask off for a minute in the middle of the most catastrophic and high stakes war to ever occur in all of history.

"Check out that army of freaky aliens, and holy crap an army of soldiers, gods, wizards, and Avengers coming through magic portals! Holy crap that massive spaceship! Wait, that little guy took off his mask! I'm gonna use the 3 mile zoom on my phone!"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
If Carol Danvers, who looked him straight in the eye and smirked at him, were to then bump in to Peter Parker at the grocery store days later she probably wouldn't get further than "he looks familiar".
He was way more at risk in the backroom of that event he did with his loving Aunt, what the gently caress was he thinking. How's he gonna protect himself from a sneaky camera phone wielding TikToker without his Peter Tingle!

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

I think New Wave Jose was saying that after the trailer dropped and people were speculating what would happen in the movie, he was saying that was his personal theory about what QB's deal was.

Which is fine.
I saw way too many people who were legit going "this guy named Mysterio. Whose powers are about illusion, misdirection and razmatazz. He must be totally on the level with what he's saying."

Yeah I knew who Mysterio was so I rejected any multiverse angle right away

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

IUG posted:

I wish that Thor's Roommate Daryl had a cameo in the bug group shot of all the armys showing up. Just have him in his bathrobe stepping out of the portal taking one look around and then just noping back through the portal as he sees it closing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

New Wave Jose posted:

Yeah I knew who Mysterio was so I rejected any multiverse angle right away

I mean, Spider-Men had 616 Mysterio doing his thing in the Ultimate Universe, so there was some precedent.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

twistedmentat posted:

The whole HUD shot was crated to show RDJs face while keeping it on.

And it has always bothered me. Right from the start, the HUD screen has been way too big for his head and it annoys me every single time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I always took it as an AR type display that sits outside of his helmet, like a FPS ui.

Because you don't want to be hovering and have a fixed sightline

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's now official:

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1315750465318027264

:rip: movie theatres

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

What does this actually mean? I really hate reading corporate press releases.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

It means their parks are hosed, theaters are hosed. They have to make money somehow.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

My guess is it boils down to "We'll still have revenue streams even with COVID. Please don't sell your shares"

gently caress knows if it actually comes to anything.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It means their parks are hosed, theaters are hosed. They have to make money somehow.
Yes, but for the time being they have bumped all of their major releases well into next year, except for Soul which is being put on Disney+

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just "we're making more stuff for streaming". The glacial pace of Disney+ original content really hit them hard because they've had poo poo all during the whole pandemic. Netflix had like 2 new shows a week.

The main thing is that they split up distribution from content creation. and then further broke down content creation into 3 divisions. One for "Disney live action and Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios and Searchlight Pictures", one for "20th Television, ABC Signature and Touchstone Television; ABC News; Disney Channels; Freeform; FX; and National Geographic" and one for sports. All that stuff used to just be one thing I guess.

It specifically calls out that they're still making shows for broadcast and cable, and theatrical releases as normal.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume there will be more MCU Disney+ projects announced at the Dec. 10 investor day as part of this prioritization of Disney+.

I would also guess that, behind the scenes, some MCU projects that were originally in development as theatrically released films are going to be shifted to Disney+, whether reworked into TV series or otherwise.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Disney has really done a poor job of running Disney+. They launched it with almost all old content and almost nothing new. Their plans for future content were also way out in the future.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Disney has really done a poor job of running Disney+. They launched it with almost all old content and almost nothing new. Their plans for future content were also way out in the future.

They seem to be doing fine as far as subscriber numbers go, but it’s fairly clear that their originals pipeline wasn’t supposed to shift into full gear until 2021. how much of that still happens given COVID production delays remains to be seen, though it seems like the Disney+ MCU shows that wouldn’t potentially spoil Black Widow are moving ahead

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the MCU side, the only thing covid delayed was Falcon and Winter Soldier.

They had planned all along for none of the MCU TV shows to be up for the entire first year.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

What does this actually mean?

Mickey demands blood.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

On the MCU side, the only thing covid delayed was Falcon and Winter Soldier.

They had planned all along for none of the MCU TV shows to be up for the entire first year.

Falcon was supposed to premiere in August, which is within the first year. WandaVision also *may* have been supposed to premiere slightly earlier (I can’t recall if it was ever specified beyond TBA 2020), but only slightly if so.

Production on Loki was shut down as well, and presumably some of the production start dates for series that hadn’t started filming in March (Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk) were also pushed back. There’s a decent chance we’re still getting Loki early next year, but 2021 may be pretty sparse after that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Black Widow getting delayed to next May is going to push a lot of stuff back

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just put black widow on disney+ already you stupid shits

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still what things would be like if this had all happened a year earlier and delayed Endgame. I can't see them pushing it back but I also can't see them dropping it on streaming and losing out on billions.
I feel like Disney would have just funded a vaccine or something

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's gonna be ironic/ very sad when the real world catches up to the MCU after they had a time jump.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

It's gonna be ironic/ very sad when the real world catches up to the MCU after they had a time jump.

Hey I'd love for the consequences of this pandemic to be completely glossed over and underdeveloped like the beginning of Endgame.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

How much validity is there to this or is all just clickbait?

https://hypebeast.com/2020/10/tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-tom-holland-spider-man-marvel-cinematic-universe-multiverse-info

gently caress YOU, NOT CLICKING: Hypebeast speculating that Magure and Garfield will appear in the next Spiderman thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's been rumored and speculated for a while.

Some site called Fandomwire or something reported it done as an exclusive but they're usually wrong.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I haven't seen any of the more reliable sites talk about it. These seem to exist in that nebulous middle between CosmicBookNews and WeGotThisCovered at the bottom and Variety on the top end.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Based on the casting so far it's safe to say there will be some multiverse stuff going on so it's not super out there, but it's a lot more likely that they'd have 2 second cameos than having this be an actual spider verse thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Mickey is blood.