Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Waffleman_ posted:

The Will of Q

doc q is part of blackbeards crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sub Harrison posted:

Devil Fruits are NOT real, they're complete make-belief. You've been watching too much of the magic telesnail again!

"ALL THESE DEVIL FRUIT POWERS ARE JUST MIRRORS AND TRICKS" - East Blue Heavyweight Champion, Mr. Satan

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

"ALL THESE DEVIL FRUIT POWERS ARE JUST MIRRORS AND TRICKS" - East Blue Heavyweight Champion, Arlong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Crasical posted:

the longer a time frame an adventure goes on for without reasonable offscreened downtime the more you have to figure out how and when the protagonists are eating/drinking/sleeping/pooping

Are luffys poops also rubber

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Brook is the only strawhat who canonically poops, and even then he might have been lying.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

This seems like a really fuckin good question for the SBS, we need some bilingual goons in here stat to ask Oda.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Jose posted:

Luffy's sweat, saliva, and blood are all apparently normal fluids, so I don't see any reason why bodily waste would be any different. Furthermore,

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
But then Mr 5's boogers are bombs. Perhaps he is the first awakened Devil Fruit user we saw in the series!?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Luffy’s poop takes 30 years to pass through him like chewing gum that’s why he’s so interested in others

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We do have evidence of Luffy getting fat as hell and suddenly losing it all without pooping that he in fact doesn't

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No hes been compressing his poop ever since he got the fruit.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No hes been compressing his poop ever since he got the fruit.
Gear 5? I've been charging this mode for years!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jose posted:

not until he awakens

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1314277208400293889?s=20

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Basically confirms the datamine, so the last two characters will be Kiku and Oden

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Tolth posted:

Luffy's sweat, saliva, and blood are all apparently normal fluids, so I don't see any reason why bodily waste would be any different. Furthermore,

Wait, I thought his blood is rubber when its in his body at least, I thought that was part of how Gear 2nd worked?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Tir McDohl posted:

Wait, I thought his blood is rubber when its in his body at least, I thought that was part of how Gear 2nd worked?

When Rob Lucci comments about Gear 2 in 420 (lol) he says "You pump your legs and speed up your blood flow. The blood pressure would rupture a normal person's heart. You can do it because.. your organs and blood vessels--every part of you--is rubber." So not his blood, per se, but the vessels that allow the blood to flow through! :)

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
How would having rubber blood work anyway...?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Tir McDohl posted:

Nah, his blood vessels are made of rubber and he uses this to circulate blood around his body enormously fast and increase his blood pressure to what would normally be a lethal level, meaning his cells get like 10x the oxygen and can all operate way beyond normal limits. Presumably this only works because his lung tissue is also, made of rubber. (How did that happen?)

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yo ho ho he had a cardiac arrest!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Luffy subsists entirely off of red meat and lives a high-stress lifestyle and gets cut constantly.

His blood pressure could turn coal into diamonds.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Biology is just a suggestion in One Piece world.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Ryaomon posted:

Basically confirms the datamine, so the last two characters will be Kiku and Oden

might buy it for kiku tbh

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Shadowlyger posted:

How would having rubber blood work anyway...?

The same way rubber flesh and bones work!

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Ryaomon posted:

Oh poo poo. Oh poo poo that’s 110% my jam I didn’t know I was missing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lolling during my shop remembering luffy being hit by hancocks love beam and thinking it’s foxy slow mo

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

uh, chapter?!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
on break this week

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lpzie posted:

uh, chapter?!

Oda took a 2 week break due to a sudden illness. Chapter should be out next week.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
One of my favorite comedy moments is when they’re on Zou looking at the Road Poneglyph and Ussop gets all excited at the prospect of stealing Poneglyph rubbings and EZ-moding it to Raftel. Luffy’s look of disgust is perfect and in the next panel you can see Ussop beating on Luffy for not wanting that kind of adventure

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Julias posted:

Oda took a 2 week break due to a sudden illness. Chapter should be out next week.

do we know more about this illness? cause uhh umm hmm....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe it's already been confirmed that he's fine.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good! does oda still draw everything that moves? water, clouds, etc. def. feel like he should hand that off and reduce his load to just characters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's got assistants, yes, like pretty much everyone does.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

does oda know what the one piece is

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Lpzie posted:

good! does oda still draw everything that moves? water, clouds, etc. def. feel like he should hand that off and reduce his load to just characters.
Have you seen the water since we've gotten to Wano?

It's definitely worth whatever Oda's putting into it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

He's got assistants, yes, like pretty much everyone does.

He specifies stuff that moves. Oda said in a SBS once that the assistants usually do backgrounds but he handles anything that moves. I thought that specified just living things, you know people and animals and stuff, but I guess I might've misread.

Though with how many panels are like 90% people anyway its kind of moot...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

oddium posted:

does oda know what the one piece is

Yes, and he laughed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Reiche posted:

One of my favorite comedy moments is when they’re on Zou looking at the Road Poneglyph and Ussop gets all excited at the prospect of stealing Poneglyph rubbings and EZ-moding it to Raftel. Luffy’s look of disgust is perfect and in the next panel you can see Ussop beating on Luffy for not wanting that kind of adventure

lol that's great

I also like Law and Zoro getting in on the Raizo ninja disappointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Feel like I ask the thread this question every couple years, but does anyone have an archive of One Class lying around??