Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Azubah posted:

Or the spy went "these are good people, let's not betray them anymore."

Sadly, Hawks already made the wrong decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Bakougo dying would be absolutely insane and I kinda want it to happen just for the sheer balls of killing off the most popular character. Especially after finally acting like a true hero.

And yes it's definitely not gonna happen but just thinking about how the fandom would react to that make me laugh.

More interesting option - Deku dies after passing the power to Bakugou (who becomes the new protagonist) and lives on inside Bakugou's head like the other OfA holders.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't even hate Bakugo but that would totally kill my interest in this manga

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, that's not an interesting option at all and it'd be transparently a decision made by popularity polls.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah that's dumb, everyone knows Deku will give OfA to Mina when he dies, making her the new main character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That would probably oversaturate the character at best, but at worst it ends up undermining the dynamic between those two characters. I can't see it happening.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Provided the interview with Horikoshi about Heroes Rising was right and the end of the story originally had an element where Midoriya passed on/shared All For One with Bakugou for a combo attack I wonder if the whole thing was originally the vehicle for the "true apology" Horikoshi mentioned that Bakugou still needed to give Midoriya.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhonne posted:

Yeah that's dumb, everyone knows Deku will give OfA to Mina when he dies, making her the new main character.

Now THIS I can get behind

Gonna Eddie Gordo the villains to death

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The manga starts with Deku describing all of this in past tense and saying this is the story how he became the worlds greatest hero. Deku ain't going anywhere.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Deku always thought Bakugo was so great, this is the story about how he becomes Bakugo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

CodfishCartographer posted:

I honestly don't think this is a very fair comparison. One Piece has a very solid, concrete goal: find the one piece at the end of the grand line. If Luffy isn't near the end of the grand line, or isn't at the one piece, then the series probably isn't ending.

MHA, meanwhile, has a much more nebulous final goal: Deku becomes a great hero, and presumably AFO and/or Shiggy are beaten. Deku fighting Shiggy could easily be the end point for both of those ultimate goals - he beats AFO, and in doing so beats the one villain that even the number 1 hero couldn't, thus making him be widely considered a great hero. There are also other, smaller goals / chekhov's guns set up that need paying off such as the other OFA quirks, the traitor, etc, but those aren't necessarily mandatory to finish the story. They could, in theory, be wrapped up or handwaved away if this was the end of the series. It would be lovely rushed writing, but with shonen jump rushed endings aren't uncommon.

I don't think this is actually the end of the series cus yeah it's still wildly popular, but I also find it very easy to think this is the end.

i mean but by this same token, do you REALLY think the story that starts with deku saying "this is the story of how i became the greatest hero" ends with him going into a berserker, uncontrollable rage as a result of him holding shigaraki mid air hitting him with his crippled quasi arms over and over until endeavor virtually exploded on him leaving a charred husk? that was the birth of the greatest hero?

basically, we're pretty far from one piece.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Monaghan posted:

The manga starts with Deku describing all of this in past tense and saying this is the story how he became the worlds greatest hero. Deku ain't going anywhere.

The story comes to an end with the narration cutting to Bakugo saying "at least, that's probably how the nerd would tell it."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

I'm wondering how OFA would supercharge everyone in 1-A's quirks now. Would the invisible girl become so invisible that she becomes intangible?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm wondering how OFA would supercharge everyone in 1-A's quirks now. Would the invisible girl become so invisible that she becomes intangible?

I think it'd more supercharge her light-bending abilities, so laser beam time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I WILL NEVER STOP SPARKLING

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Also this is a manga about high school, how can it end in grade 10

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sugar man will be able to draw power from fats as well, and after swallowing an entire side of bacon he'll bench press Tokyo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tsuyu will have all the abilities of a frog AND a prince.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mineta will just become one giant sentient orb.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
All these "main character dies and my favorite character is the new main character!!!!!" discussions are so tedious.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I mean its already clear that the new main character will be Mirko. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Will be"?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

I think it'd more supercharge her light-bending abilities, so laser beam time.

The real worst part of the A vs B arc is the girl who manipulates light got on the same team as the guy who can shoot out light and somehow absolutely nothing came of it

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Between her/tokoyami/aoyama they had a crazy loop combo to turn dark shadow into a giant and then crank it down when needed, coulda made momo look as clever as monoma

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Neo_Crimson posted:

All these "main character dies and my favorite character is the new main character!!!!!" discussions are so tedious.

Don't pretend Tokoyami taking over the show wouldn't be great.

Also, even as a big fan of Bakugo, I'd be okay with him dying if it prevents him from the fate of just being a parallel for Endeavor. Anything to shake up the status quo would be nice at this point.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

rannum posted:

The real worst part of the A vs B arc is the girl who manipulates light got on the same team as the guy who can shoot out light and somehow absolutely nothing came of it

Even worse is that they actually showed off Hagakure and Aoyama doing just that after all the kids got back from their internships just before this War arc.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Deku dies and the mc becomes Nana piloting Deku’s corpse

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/machtwotoaster/status/1314270068038160384

Is that why we haven't seen Best Jeanist for a while?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Don't pretend Tokoyami taking over the show wouldn't be great.

Tokiyami with OfA will evolve like a Digimon. First it's Pride from FMA:Brotherhood, then it's a shadow version of Obelisk the Tormentor and then finally it envelopes the world in shadow allowing him to wield his full power at all times.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/machtwotoaster/status/1314270068038160384

Is that why we haven't seen Best Jeanist for a while?

Best Jeanist would never call himself a pimp

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES

YOUNG FATGUM AND YOUNG MIRKO!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Here we go again...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's a beautiful day for kicking a man in half

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:unsmigghh:

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES

YOUNG FATGUM AND YOUNG MIRKO!

violent, terrifying cheers from the readers

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's a lovely day in the fight club.

And you are a horrible bunny.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

It cannot be stopped. We have already hopped passed the singularity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cross-post from anime thread

NikkolasKing posted:

What are the odds you give each League member to be redeemed/have some kind of happy ending?

Dabi would seem to have the best odds. I'd like Twice to at least have some kind of "and he got help" ending.

:chloe:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Dabi has the best odds of having a happy ending where he reforms. Dabi. The guy who tried to burn several people to death in an alleyway for no reason and straight up killed Snatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still miss Twice.