Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I always wonder what would've become of Hangman if he stuck around. Sugabayashi and Harold both named him as one of their favourite wrestlers.

I don't see them pushing him as a top gaijin ahead of Jay White and that one fucker, so peaked at the US Title, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Why would NJPW put an important singles title on a tag team wrestler like “Hangman” Adam Page??

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I agree with the Super J Cast, the endless "speculation" around a business partnership between AEW & NJPW is incredibly boring. It's nothing to do with the "sanctity" of the WTL (laughing at the idea anyone thinks that, never mind the Super J-Cast guys)

AEW having a working relationship with DDT or All Japan would be something interesting. It'd actually benefit the Japanese company, it'd get eyes on incredibly talented wrestlers that are less well known in the west.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Broke: MJF vs. Ishii

Woke: MJF vs. KENOH

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Making a deal with CyberFight would definitely be far more beneficial to AEW than making one with NJPW for sure. They'd be far more amenable to sending people for extended tours and they've got a lot more young talent who'd get over quickly. Yuka instantly got over and I'm sure you could give someone like Takeshita, Kaito, Endo, MAO or Maki a match on Dynamite and people would be begging for them to come back.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i would also prefer to see ddt wrestlers do tours of AEW and vice versa, the companies have way more similar vibes tbh.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i would also prefer to see ddt wrestlers do tours of AEW and vice versa, the companies have way more similar vibes tbh.

It's almost as if DDT is part of the formative DNA of AEW way more than New Japan was by way of an American promotion run by a psychopath that generally aped the DDT vibes at his Pennsylvania based lucha fed that most of the roster did their time in.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Quack was ripping off osaka pro

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

It's almost as if DDT is part of the formative DNA of AEW way more than New Japan was by way of an American promotion run by a psychopath that generally aped the DDT vibes at his Pennsylvania based lucha fed that most of the roster did their time in.

also because maki itoh is part of DDT and would be a absolute mega star if exposed to a bigger audience

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

Quack was ripping off osaka pro

You are correct.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

also because maki itoh is part of DDT and would be a absolute mega star if exposed to a bigger audience

You are also correct.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

I agree with the Super J Cast, the endless "speculation" around a business partnership between AEW & NJPW is incredibly boring.

Hard disagree, I'm having the time of my life here.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Oh man, Maki Itoh getting a bigger american audience would absolutely rule

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

really about the only thing I'd want an AEW/NJPW partnership for is to exchange some of the lower card talent both ways

I'd love for my beautiful boy Yota Tsuji to do his excursion with AEW

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

aew is the only place where my ultimate dream match of maki itoh and chris brookes vs mei suruga and baliyan akki can happen so i hope they do more with ddt

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

then again, if aew partners with new japan i can get my other ultimate dream match of mei vs okada, the first 10 star match, so it's a wash

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1315849968268308485

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder if there should be a separate thread for stupid wrestling journalist opinions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't watched RAW in months, I saw roughly 5 minutes tonight, I didn't even realize that "Lana goes through tables each week" wasn't a hyperbolic joke until tonight, and I feel like I can reliably predict that Lana vs Asuka is gonna end with Nia Jax putting Lana through a table.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Weedsworth420/status/1315869247684321280

Imagine watching a La Sombra match and thinking "meh, no charisma, one dimensional"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

noted one dimensional wrestler La Sombra

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/Weedsworth420/status/1315869247684321280

Imagine watching a La Sombra match and thinking "meh, no charisma, one dimensional"

I guarantee he's never watched a LaSombra match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rarity posted:

I guarantee he's never watched a LaSombra match

Even if you haven't watched his CMLL stuff, the NXT title reign where he finally got to cut loose and work big-time main events should make it obvious how much charisma and star power Andrade has.

But of course it's his fault that main roster WWE whiffed on the most can't-whiff Mexican wrestler of the modern era.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Andrade in NXT is a rare case of them actually doing a great job turning someone around after he struggled early, if he was actually a one-dimensional performer he wouldn’t have been able to adapt so well at all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Andrade's Takeover match with Gargano is still the best thing they've done since MitB 2011

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Andrade was probably my favorite wrestler in the world for a while there. Shame what's happened to him. Give my beautiful boy his name back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bad news wrestlers; if you're not a main eventer, you can't have a five star match.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1316118119320940544?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

before we continue i'm required to ask. is what we're doing here, "in the sane mind"?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/1316542178680811522

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1316390190156406785?s=20

ryan satin hasn't made a single tweet about any other wrestling besides WWE since announcing he's working for fox sports, but he broke his silence to let everyone know that actually its okay to flip to NXT during AEW's womens matches

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was a neilsen household for a year and never got paid, also directv viewers are automatically tracked for Neilsen no consent needed. satin has no idea what the gently caress he's talking about.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JOHN CENA posted:

i was a neilsen household for a year and never got paid, also directv viewers are automatically tracked for Neilsen no consent needed. satin has no idea what the gently caress he's talking about.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1316393948240257024?s=20

He has understood this since he was a child so it sounds like you’re wrong

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1316393948240257024?s=20

He has understood this since he was a child so it sounds like you’re wrong

On the flipside Ryan, as a child I knew that cutting about with racist shites like Sheriff Joe Arpaio was bad so guess it's a wash

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Pro Wrestling Illustrated thinks Tessa is inspirational

Only registered members can see post attachments!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has Drake Maverick actually done something inspirational or is it just because he didn’t die from all that boot polish he lapped up?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Has Drake Maverick actually done something inspirational or is it just because he didn’t die from all that boot polish he lapped up?

he donates and brings awareness to a bullshit qanon child trafficking conspiracy theory for brain dead idiots so i imagine its that

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

he donates and brings awareness to a bullshit qanon child trafficking conspiracy theory for brain dead idiots so i imagine its that

Are you thinking of Drake Wuertz or is Maverick also that special brand of fuckwit?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Think you got the wrong Drake. Ref Drake Wuertz is the QAnon guy. AFAIK Drake Maverick is not involved with that stuff.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

they both do it, its spreading around the nxt locker room like covid

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edit: wrong thread, the app is loving with me something fierce tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Joey McChrist posted:

No that's the other Drake this is the Drake that pisses himself.