Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The epic of Salami Dave vs Pepper-Jackonoth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I really hope that doesn't happen; like, sure, let's establish that Jagganoth is Serious Business, but I'd rather not see Solomon instagibbed or Ki Rata just shoved aside. Maybe have Jagganoth brush it aside and Solomon then have to retreat? It'd feel slightly more interesting since the "big strong character instagibbed by Actual Big Bad" approach has been done so many times. (Also Solomon hasn't really learned the lesson of democracy yet)

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 10, 2020

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

In the next sequence, Solomon David will be forced to unbind his beard and release its full potential.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

What if the thing we hate is Solomon David killing Jagganoth?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Dave is about to hit Jag with his Ki Rata Limit Break only to see a whopping zero float lazily into the air.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ashcans posted:

In the next sequence, Solomon David will be forced to unbind his beard and release its full potential.

Beneath his beard lies another fist

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

pseudorandom name posted:

Everybody! The next sequence is going to be a pain in the rear end to draw!

To: artists about to die, we salute you

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Tekne posted:

Dave is about to hit Jag with his Ki Rata Limit Break only to see a whopping zero float lazily into the air.
Trying to clear Universal War (Ultimate) with a nonstandard party comp including a bunch of players not even at level cap and only 3 of them equipping their Keys is already a reach. At least they have a full party of 8 facing off against Jag in that first panel.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder how much was destroyed in that initial blast. I assumed it was contained within the arena at first, but now it's looking like it might be the whole city, at least.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I call this "God King Solomon David" and this; HYAAAAA IS WHAT IT IS TO GO BEYOND!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how much was destroyed in that initial blast. I assumed it was contained within the arena at first, but now it's looking like it might be the whole city, at least.

It did break out of the Arena containment, but also what we see on this pages roughly matches up with what we saw of the remains of the arena at the end of the last chapter, so it's difficult to saw how much damage was done to the rest of the city.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Seeing how the sword could nuke a demiurge shielded colosseum, I'm betting Jag's warpick is equally nasty, maybe even worldbreaking.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Auntie Maya had just sat down at the Ring of Power's franchise of the best noodle shop in 777,777 universes for a bite to eat... and she is real fuckin angry right now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

i dunno, a smear on the ground doesn't seem all that hard to draw

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Abaddon previously said that Solomon David could fight Jagganoth to a standstill, but Jagg is still invulnerable.

It would rule if both of them are locked out of the plot for a while because they’re locked in incredibly badass combat that we cut back to occasionally to maintain a sense of time pressure as Solomon is slowly worn out.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

bitprophet posted:

DBZ powerup noise! Except Solomon is bald so I guess he can’t really go SSJ? 🤔

His beard could go blond and spiky instead.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

What if the thing we hate is Solomon David killing Jagganoth?

their own drat fault, look at all that poo poo on jaggas back. no way he can pull all that crap out. it'll all tumble to the floor if they try

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Most probable option here is that Solomon doesn't hurt Jagganoth in the slightest, but does make the collateral damage even more appalling in his blind rage.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Joe Slowboat posted:

Abaddon previously said that Solomon David could fight Jagganoth to a standstill, but Jagg is still invulnerable.

It would rule if both of them are locked out of the plot for a while because they’re locked in incredibly badass combat that we cut back to occasionally to maintain a sense of time pressure as Solomon is slowly worn out.

This would be interesting to me. Solomon David fighting just to buy time for others would be a cool way to allow the heroes time to escape.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jadis is also there, and presumably not just to spectate.
Perhaps she'll pick up the protagonists here.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

bitprophet posted:

DBZ powerup noise! Except Solomon is bald so I guess he can’t really go SSJ? 🤔

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

It's.. beautiful.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Does jagganoth have a different weapon for each of the other demiurges? Six in total?

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I count eight, including the bow and the two he's holding in his hands. It's at plausible that six might be anti-Demiurge weapons and one or two of them might be general-purpose weapons for fighting non-Demiurges.

the warpick would obviously be for cracking Jadis's crystal. the bow would be for Mammon? and I don't think we have any good shots of what the other ones are.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

do we know that these weapons are specifically designed to fight each demiurge? like, they could always be general use weapons each with bizarre, reality - bending effects

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
:swoon:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Does jagganoth have a different weapon for each of the other demiurges? Six in total?

a computing pun posted:

I count eight, including the bow and the two he's holding in his hands. It's at plausible that six might be anti-Demiurge weapons and one or two of them might be general-purpose weapons for fighting non-Demiurges.

the warpick would obviously be for cracking Jadis's crystal. the bow would be for Mammon? and I don't think we have any good shots of what the other ones are.

Yeah, Sword/Hammer/Bow and then there's 5 handles, one's another sword and there's three more sword(?) tips you can see peeking out. Kind of weird he doesn't have a spear, which is drat near close to the primordial first weapon ever created. Maybe one is some kind of short spear or something.

If one of those is something weird like nunchucks or a two-handled thing then he'd have one for each + allison.

Potato Salad posted:

do we know that these weapons are specifically designed to fight each demiurge? like, they could always be general use weapons each with bizarre, reality - bending effects

prob this but who knows

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Everyone presuming he has all those weapons for a specific purpose clearly hasn't played far into an RPG in a while

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

At lest two are almost useless at his level, but one looks super cool with his current outfit and the other was his main weapon while grinding through the 30s and he can’t bring himself to toss it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kind of reminds me of a line from an old sci-fi channel show about magic items.

"What's The Gun do?"
"It shoots bullets."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

teacups incoming!!!

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah, Sword/Hammer/Bow and then there's 5 handles, one's another sword and there's three more sword(?) tips you can see peeking out. Kind of weird he doesn't have a spear, which is drat near close to the primordial first weapon ever created. Maybe one is some kind of short spear or something.
I think for primordial first weapon hammer beats out spear since even unworked stone functions as a hammer. Also rocks are even more common as weapons/tools among animals than sticks. What I'm saying is that this means Intra killed Yem Yedo with a thrown hammer, which doesn't even have to be "a particularly sharp rock" as Meti might have called it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Algid posted:

Trying to clear Universal War (Ultimate) with a nonstandard party comp including a bunch of players not even at level cap and only 3 of them equipping their Keys is already a reach. At least they have a full party of 8 facing off against Jag in that first panel.

really, like who is heals? Jadis would be to on the nose. I'm going with Zaid but lol he's under leveled (not to mention still in leveling greens) for this content

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mirror wizard guy is going to show up, steal the kill at the last second, and rule all of creation

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

White Chain’s that one person in your group who hides the appearance of literally every piece of gear you can, and she’s still doing fine.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

really, like who is heals? Jadis would be to on the nose. I'm going with Zaid but lol he's under leveled (not to mention still in leveling greens) for this content

Mottom's the main healer (her specialty is life magic, c'mon). Solomon, being the monk, is the off-healer, and Gog and Jadis handle team buffs and utility. Incubus is the support DPS/debuffer, and Mammon is the tank.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Algid posted:

I think for primordial first weapon hammer beats out spear since even unworked stone functions as a hammer. Also rocks are even more common as weapons/tools among animals than sticks. What I'm saying is that this means Intra killed Yem Yedo with a thrown hammer, which doesn't even have to be "a particularly sharp rock" as Meti might have called it.

Yes but the spear is unequivocally a weapon

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(Why is Japan so biased against Beards anyway?)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If you remember, beards were very much Out Of Fashion in the west too until the last decade or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Mottom's the main healer (her specialty is life magic, c'mon). Solomon, being the monk, is the off-healer, and Gog and Jadis handle team buffs and utility. Incubus is the support DPS/debuffer, and Mammon is the tank.

You sure Incubus isn't a mini boss?