Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

OniPanda posted:

Yeah, the channel already exists and it's full of magic and causes deadspaces to appear

I was in that fleet and it was magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
There are some combat missions, the 100-150k variety, that have space rocks to eat. I dropped a Mammoth in one for a few hours and had a bunch of Pyr to turn in while I worked/parented.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Retrievers might make it possible to live in nullsec

Still need bubbles tho. Dont want whats happening to SHH happen to us

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Haize posted:

Uhh I'm pretty sure "Paki" is quite often used a pejorative.

Pakistan translates to "land of the Pakis" or more literal Paki land. "Stan" is a turkish word that means land, so Uzbeki land, Paki land, Afghani land, etc...

Did they change the buy orders from 30 days to 6 days... They sure love to make marketeering more difficult.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

darthzeta88 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 8, 2020

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

eSporks posted:

Stupid newbie questions.

I mostly want to solo gank miners and farmers, and occasionally join goon groups. I had planned to do this in frigate.

The wiki doesn't mention frigates anywhere, are they useless?

Should I do my ganking in something else?

Is it feasible to spec for frigates and cruisers on the same goose, or should I make an alt? (I think I know this one)

Can you easily transfer things between alts in this game?

Each of the 4 main faction's tier 4 frigates are pretty good for ganking poorly equipped folks, pick one you already have the weapon systems trained for (or experiment) and go nuts. the reason you probably won't see any builds posted is because they have so few slots, that there isn't much room to swap things in and out for, they're mainly all 2/2/2, which you'd have 2 of the short ranged bonus'd weapons in (pulse/snubs/auto/torps) then 2x warp disruptors in mid/1 afterburner +1 repairer/booster or 1 plate/shield extender

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

so I attempted to get bluestacks and start up a pvp alt, but it gave me low memory warnings and attempted to light my pc on fire.

Any other emulators yall recommend to see if it doesn't become a fire hazard

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

darthzeta88 posted:

Pakistan translates to "land of the Pakis" or more literal Paki land. "Stan" is a turkish word that means land, so Uzbeki land, Paki land, Afghani land, etc...

Did they change the buy orders from 30 days to 6 days... They sure love to make marketeering more difficult.

I've only ever heard "Paki" used as a pejorative.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

darthzeta88 posted:

Linguistically yes, but why don't you try going around calling people of Japanese or Jewish descent by a similarly contracted version of their nationalities and see what happens.

Personally, I don't think it'll go over very well.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

darthzeta88 posted:

The denotation is fine and good for what it is, but that's not the connotation. Like, you can still look up bitch in the dictionary and still see the first definition say "female dog." That's not how the word is used in practice, it's a pejorative. Just like how "paki" is usually used, it's used a slur. So yeah, don't try to argue denotation when talking about connotation, defending words that are actively used as a slur is not a good look.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Khris Kruel posted:

so I attempted to get bluestacks and start up a pvp alt, but it gave me low memory warnings and attempted to light my pc on fire.

I use MEmu and have had success running it on a crappy thinkpad. I don't multibox though, so others may have better options.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Khris Kruel posted:

Try LDPlayer. Way better performance and graphics for me personally as a 4x multiboxer. I do have regular virtualization enabled though (not hyper-v)

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

MadMadi posted:

I've only ever heard "Paki" used as a pejorative.

If you are from the UK its 100% a slur and everyone without an agenda knows it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

In Massachusetts we use packy, with a y for shorthand for the package store. You know the logical name for the store allowed to sell alcohol.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I got a Venture I in Alikara I can contract you, what's your IGN ? Generally speaking hi-sec belt are swarmed with bots in retrievers and mass harvesting everything faster than you can warp there. It's not as AFK friendly as you wish it were for a mobile game, unless you're ready to mine a bunch of systems away from the popular spots. Belts respawn automatically once they've been mined out and no one is sitting there AFK.

Hey thanks for the offer. I'm pretty sure I can get something from my corp (honk) because I've heard a lot about free starter ships but I haven't really looked into that too much yet since I've mostly just been AFK playing while working.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

pixaal posted:

In Massachusetts we use packy, with a y for shorthand for the package store. You know the logical name for the store allowed to sell alcohol.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

pixaal posted:

First time hearing ppl in mass say this a bunch I wasn't sure wtf was going on because most of mass is really racist pats fans

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Khris Kruel posted:

Honestly tried the same thing and enabled virtualization on my BIOS. Still runs lovely so I gave up. Some people have recommended LDplayer.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Hey thanks for the offer. I'm pretty sure I can get something from my corp (honk) because I've heard a lot about free starter ships but I haven't really looked into that too much yet since I've mostly just been AFK playing while working.

Just get free ships, order free ships, get a V3 if you want to mine or like anything else if you don't. Ships are free how many times do I have to say this.

Back in the day I would just buy the pyro and turn it in to the missions, the ore price was like half the mission payout. Was good for afking three characters during the day. Then hisec anoms came about and holy poo poo that's so much better.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

CubicalSucrose posted:

Then hisec anoms came about and holy poo poo that's so much better.

but now they are much more rare :negative:

fortunately we can have new geese tag along for deadspaces or whatever in omens and get everyone space rich

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
Holy crap, I just resubbed one account to EO after a three-year break. They have new ships, new races and somehow it seems my skills are a little screwed up. I also have crap strewn across the universe, I need to do some house cleaning.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

while I wait on tech level 5 to complete what are my best isk earning options? I've been chilling out in hisec anomolies but I only see level 3 ones mostly so I'm just kinda gathering bounties and testing out my ships to understand whats going on, trying to find Pyro at .5 has mostly been a bust for me. Does it matter a ton or should I just keep hitting missions when I see them if it's stuff I haven't cleared? My income is pretty low but also I don't understand what I want to buy yet anyway so I dunno if it matters much anyway.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

obithrawn posted:

while I wait on tech level 5 to complete what are my best isk earning options? I've been chilling out in hisec anomolies but I only see level 3 ones mostly so I'm just kinda gathering bounties and testing out my ships to understand whats going on, trying to find Pyro at .5 has mostly been a bust for me. Does it matter a ton or should I just keep hitting missions when I see them if it's stuff I haven't cleared? My income is pretty low but also I don't understand what I want to buy yet anyway so I dunno if it matters much anyway.

Get out here to Null and join DED fleets, Put isk into your Goose Eggs, Win EE within two weeks :)

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

I'll do that soon enough but in the meantime I am a slow learning and just made an account 48 hours ago so trying to figure out which parts of the game I enjoy most and grasp the very basics :) :)

also after I posted that I found some pyro so life is good, now i can actually try out my industrial trainer

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

darthzeta88 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GG broheim, Broseidon, Ayatollah Bromeini...

Regarding the mining I don't know how good the systems we rat in are for mining but I'd be happy to roll on the spot defense together with mining.. Many of us carry at least a point now.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Kaysette posted:

but now they are much more rare :negative:

fortunately we can have new geese tag along for deadspaces or whatever in omens and get everyone space rich

Anecdotal but I don't know that the spawn rate dropped significantly. Couple it with a doubling of Minmatar datacores and overall less competition for them, seems like an overall neutral change for me.

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

obithrawn posted:

In your case it really doesn’t matter much. If you are in Corp, once you hit t6, you can get free ships for ratting, mining in null or even for running story missions. At t5 I wouldn’t stress too much about making isk. Can also try base busting with a frigate for Corp bounties I guess.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

the amounts I'm working with are so small it seems like a waste to grind it out so that makes sense, just flying around doing whatever random crap to learn how stuff works is pretty nice so I'll just bide my time for now while my tech goes up

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Celebratory gently caress Lowtax

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ThatEvilOne posted:

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

ThatEvilOne posted:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

yo this Tahini guy just said we're never gonna hold sov.

He's pulling a BoB

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Khris Kruel posted:

yo this Tahini guy just said we're never gonna hold sov.

He's pulling a BoB

There are no Goose. Goodbye

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
The more things change they more they stay the same.

Im glad we found these guys, they are a never ending source of hilarity.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ThatEvilOne posted:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

ThatEvilOne posted:

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

ThatEvilOne posted:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

So to give a breakdown of what happened last night.

We had intel that it was possible they could destroy their own station, but it didn't happen. We had some people on the station recording in case it did. That would've been great.

We flew up with our ventures and Vexors and OB$ hit us, who we completely wrecked. We destroyed multiple Moa Guardians and some faction frigs, killmails are in the channel.

We then hit up 3jn9 and did our mining thing, while we killed a few SFI's that were trying to do their PI hauling.

We took a bunch of pics and everyone was drunk and had fun.

We had a huge metric ton of salt from reddit, with Tahini declaring in SirMolles voice that goons would never hold sov. It was super hilarious.

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 10, 2020

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

First fleet op I actually manage to get into and it was amazing. Never not honk.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I got so many angry PMs while posting killmails in CZ local, a good time was had by all indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

ThatEvilOne posted: