Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

BlueBayou posted:

I like Haunted Mansion Holiday.......

But I also don't live in SoCal so maybe I'd feel differently if I were a local

The problem is the Holiday version is so extensive that it shuts the ride down for not insignificant amounts of time to add and remove the stuff, so the amount of the year that it actually is the original show is like March-July. And if you're not a local, that means there's regular long stretches where if you visit you won't see Mansion at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

fuji xtra 400 on an Ansco Pix Panorama. $10 camera and cheap film.

nice i’ve now just bought one

do you scan the film yourself

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Craptacular! posted:

The problem is the Holiday version is so extensive that it shuts the ride down for not insignificant amounts of time to add and remove the stuff, so the amount of the year that it actually is the original show is like March-July. And if you're not a local, that means there's regular long stretches where if you visit you won't see Mansion at all.

Really? A few years back they did a few specials on Freeform or something where they showed all the work that went into making the parks holiday-ready virtually in one night. They talked about the DL Nightmare Before Christmas haunted mansion overlay but I don’t know if it was part of the overnight renovations.

Those were really cool mini-documentaries and I should really try to find them again.

Edit: “Decorating Disney”

Hazo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 10, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hazo posted:

Really? A few years back they did a few specials on Freeform or something where they showed all the work that went into making the parks holiday-ready virtually in one night. They talked about the DL Nightmare Before Christmas haunted mansion overlay but I don’t know if it was part of the overnight renovations.

Those were really cool mini-documentaries and I should really try to find them again.

Edit: “Decorating Disney”

Most of the park stuff is just hanging up decorations. Doing Haunted Mansion's overlay is a lot more intensive from what I understand.

I also like Haunted Mansion Holiday but I'd prefer if it got transformed in early November and lasted until right after New Years. It makes more sense that way. Jack doesn't discover Christmastown until after they come back from kicking rear end at Halloween that year :colbert:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Haunted Mansion Holiday:
New music and narration track with a new Ghost Host track (I can’t remember if it’s the same guy from WDW HalloWishes)
New stretching room paintings and projection on the ceiling)
Huge new piece in the boarding area
New lighting
Holiday touches on stuff
Big wreath with teeth added in the hallway
Entirely new Madame Leota film, Leota's face is provided by an imagineer who is the daughter of the original 1960s Leota. Leota's voice is the lady who replaced Eleanor Audrey as the voice of Leota, Maleficent, and Lady Tremaine.
A huge, animated, sometimes moving cake is made each year by the pastry team at the central kitchen. This thing weights hundreds of pounds and often lights up and does things when a car passes by. It’s different every year.
The entire attic scene is removed (afaik, not merely curtained) and changed to a new scene
The graveyard is extensively overhauled with the addition of Pumpkin Hill that lights up, a Jack AA where the frightened man was, new singing busts, etc.
Hitchhiking Ghosts curtained and replaced with an Oogie Boogie AA and game show prop
Mirror ghost effects changed.

I mean, it’s extensive. It’s about six weeks to put in and then about six weeks to remove, which is three months there’s no Mansion at all.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 10, 2020

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The full calendar for 2021 is now open for booking. No discounts or anything as yet.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Does anyone happen to have any insight on what MK 50th anniversary is going to consist of next year? I haven't been able to find any consistent info on it anymore.

Reason I ask is because we're planning a fairly big family vacation next year, and we're torn between making it a Disneyland or MK 50th trip. My father in-law is from SoCal and used to go to DL when it first opened a lot, so he wanted to be able to take my daughter there just once.

The only thing I know for sure about the 50th is that a ton of poo poo was cut/cancelled in light of COVID, even in spite of the fact that 4-5 years of development went into it. And that's coming straight from, until very recently, CMs within the communication teams between Burbank and Celebration, but they're all gone now.

But is there any indication of whether or not it'll be much more than special/limited edition merch and snacks? Or will they actually have some special events for it?

Apologies if this was already discussed and i just missed it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Whatever they had planned has almost certainly been pulled back heavily because of Covid, budget cuts, and layoffs.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I was at Disneyland's 50th and I'll be damned if Im going to mis MK's 50th.

But overall, its going to be a year long celebration, no? I think anything that got postponed was just postponed to the back half of the celebration year (ie Guardians)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

Same. I have reservations for Oct 1st already. I will cry. I've accepted this.

Doronin posted:

Does anyone happen to have any insight on what MK 50th anniversary is going to consist of next year? I haven't been able to find any consistent info on it anymore.

Reason I ask is because we're planning a fairly big family vacation next year, and we're torn between making it a Disneyland or MK 50th trip. My father in-law is from SoCal and used to go to DL when it first opened a lot, so he wanted to be able to take my daughter there just once.

The only thing I know for sure about the 50th is that a ton of poo poo was cut/cancelled in light of COVID, even in spite of the fact that 4-5 years of development went into it. And that's coming straight from, until very recently, CMs within the communication teams between Burbank and Celebration, but they're all gone now.

But is there any indication of whether or not it'll be much more than special/limited edition merch and snacks? Or will they actually have some special events for it?

Apologies if this was already discussed and i just missed it.

we aren't going to know anything for certain until a lot closer.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

But overall, its going to be a year long celebration, no? I think anything that got postponed was just postponed to the back half of the celebration year (ie Guardians)

Disneyland’s 60th went from May 22nd, 2015 to Sept 5th 2016. I expect that with the pandemic Disney World’s 50th will run for well over a year.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
In MDE (website or app), how do I remove people from my list of people. I have an ex-bf that keeps showing up when Im planning, and, yknow,..... I dont need that.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

In MDE (website or app), how do I remove people from my list of people. I have an ex-bf that keeps showing up when Im planning, and, yknow,..... I dont need that.

If you figure it out, let me know. As far as I know, there's no way to delete them if they have a Magic Band tied to a past trip.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bottom Liner posted:

Whatever they had planned has almost certainly been pulled back heavily because of Covid, budget cuts, and layoffs.

Cake castle.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

Call their MDE support line. Pretty sure they can do it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cake castle.

I would coviddisney if it meant supporting cake castle 2.0

Douchebag posted:

Call their MDE support line. Pretty sure they can do it.

they can. I had some folks removed for real good reasons and they had no issue in doing it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Braksgirl posted:

If you figure it out, let me know. As far as I know, there's no way to delete them if they have a Magic Band tied to a past trip.

Our MDE guest list triggers me everytime I look at it. It's disgusting how long and out of date it is.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

BlueBayou posted:

My MDE list is about 30 people long and it's exclusively been my fiance and I going for several years. I have an ex girlfriend on there from 2013 lmao. Happiest place on earth.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I feel like selecting people for your Rise boarding group is a pain when there are many people....? or is it not an issue?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If I recall it will only let you pick people who have scanned into the park. But I did this back in Dec so my memory is fuzzy.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

BlueBayou posted:

I feel like selecting people for your Rise boarding group is a pain when there are many people....? or is it not an issue?

I'm pretty sure they changed it. When I was there in Feb it showed your entire F&F list. I ended up removing everyone who wasn't there with me on that trip to make life easier. Supposedly they've updated it to show only who has scanned into the park that day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
In Seuss land too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
who here hasn't wanted to strip down to their thong and get a little wild in Seuss land?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I never wanted to go to Suess land in the first place.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bottom Liner posted:

who here hasn't wanted to strip down to their thong and get a little wild in Seuss land?

I guess if you want to cosplay as one of the sneetches but you misread their name.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I’ve removed folks from my Friends and Family via the website - but if it’s not sticking then I would call MDE IT.

Got my res for the 50th!

HS will auto select anyone in your party that is scanned in to the park for ROTR.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1317690911174905857

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Anya posted:

I’ve removed folks from my Friends and Family via the website - but if it’s not sticking then I would call MDE IT.

MDE chat worked. Took a few mins but my exes are no longer on the list! Yay!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Discount dropped this morning for Jan - April 2021. It's a room discount up to 35% off, typical resort exclusions apply, however, Little Mermaid rooms don't appear to be excluded which is new.

Also, All Stars look to be accepting new bookings as those hotels reopen in Feb.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

California dropped amusement/theme park guidelines yesterday. poo poo is gonna stay closed for a long time.

quote:

Smaller theme parks in California will be able to operate when their county reaches the “moderate” tier of Covid-19 spread, which is classified as one to 3.9 daily new cases per 100,000 people.

Smaller theme parks will be limited to 25% capacity, can only operate outdoors and can only sell tickets to residents of the county.

Larger theme parks—classified as having a capacity of more than 15,000 people—can only reopen at 25% capacity when their county reaches the “minimal” tier of Covid-19 transmission and there’s fewer than one daily case per 100,000 people.

I think some examples of "smaller" parks would be things like Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and Santa Monica pier. Though I think they would both have to really change-up how they let people in. Both of those go by a ticket-per-ride system instead of an entry-to-park system.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

California dropped amusement/theme park guidelines yesterday. poo poo is gonna stay closed for a long time.

Good. Hopefully Pfizer has good news for us at the end of the month.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I...sorta did a thing. The rates at CBR were too good. We're getting a 5th sleeper room there for $186 a night for the end of January. It's a really good sale, y'all.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I keep wondering why I haven't gone back in so long, and then I look at my old reservations receipt from 2005:

code:
February 7, 2006-February 13, 2006 (6 nights)

1 Adult

Resort Name:     Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Resort Category: Moderate
Room Type:       Standard View Room
Ticket Type:     7-Day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More options

Total Price:        $1,001.87
That poo poo's like $1,700 even after this sale. Wake me up when I can buy a 6 nights at Disney with a park hopper ticket for my $1200 stimulus. (Which wouldn't keep up with the pace of inflation because boy howdy have I been hosed by the past thirteen or so years of the US economy.)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I heard a rumor that they’re now selling individual Savi’s parts in Orlando. I know they do it in DL— I asked a CM about it in Dok Ondars one time and he said they only do that “on our sister planet.” Can anyone confirm?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Craptacular! posted:

I keep wondering why I haven't gone back in so long, and then I look at my old reservations receipt from 2005:

code:
February 7, 2006-February 13, 2006 (6 nights)

1 Adult

Resort Name:     Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Resort Category: Moderate
Room Type:       Standard View Room
Ticket Type:     7-Day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More options

Total Price:        $1,001.87
That poo poo's like $1,700 even after this sale. Wake me up when I can buy a 6 nights at Disney with a park hopper ticket for my $1200 stimulus. (Which wouldn't keep up with the pace of inflation because boy howdy have I been hosed by the past thirteen or so years of the US economy.)

Yeah it’s incredible. The cruise prices are even worse. On the other hand, up till the pandemic the parks have been more crowded than ever.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I have some tickets from the 90s. I think we had 5 day park hopper tickets for a family of 4 and total cost was about $350.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Braksgirl posted:

I have some tickets from the 90s. I think we had 5 day park hopper tickets for a family of 4 and total cost was about $350.

That was also back when your park days would never expire. I still have a ticket from when I was 12 or 13 that was one day left on it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hazo posted:

I heard a rumor that they’re now selling individual Savi’s parts in Orlando. I know they do it in DL— I asked a CM about it in Dok Ondars one time and he said they only do that “on our sister planet.” Can anyone confirm?

I’ll be there in a week or so. I’ll ask. I wanted some spare parts for myself too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’ll be there in a week or so. I’ll ask. I wanted some spare parts for myself too.

Hey, same :hfive: Heading down next Saturday. I was just wondering before prepping to go down there