Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I started a new AtB campaign in MekHQ (3025 timeframe). I know for a fact that I'm not attentive or consistent enough to do a Let's Play or regular updates of any kind, but does anybody want to toss their name/callsign into the ring to be used for names? There are already a few Goons represented, but I've got room still for:

2/2 Administrators
2/2 Doctors
13/13 Techs (12 'Mech Techs, 1 Mechanic)
7/12 MechWarriors
- Stinger :rip: It's a Locust now
- Thunderbolt
- Wolverine
- Shadow Hawk
- Shadow Hawk
- Warhammer
- Clint

I'd prefer actual callsigns to just internet handles but it's not a dealbreaker. Every once in a while there's a chance I have a decision to make that I don't feel strongly about and may dump it here. :v:

Strobe fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The clear answer for your Warhammer pilot is "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

The guns are his peaks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has anyone gotten any models yet from the kickstarter?

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

Has anyone gotten any models yet from the kickstarter?

Their last update on timing didn't have shipments going out to backers until around September 15, sounds like they may be a week behind right now.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

grissenko posted:

Their last update on timing didn't have shipments going out to backers until around September 15, sounds like they may be a week behind right now.

Have they ever suggested when the new models will be available to purchase in general? I didn't have the money to do more than back at $1, and I REALLY want some of these figs.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
There's been no store dates mentioned at all that I've seen, even vague ones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My hope we can eventually buy the mechs individually. Even if that is a long ways off. I have some of the models that are already in these packs from buying mechs from Iron Winds, and fan made 3d printed models. My collection is up to 30 mechs so far, no duplicates.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Just got an address confirmation e-mail, so it looks like the first wave is days from shipping.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
ilClan when

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I got my email too, so I'm pretty excited. :toot:

I hope Catalyst sells plastic single mechs too. But I don't think they can? I've seen people saying that Iron Wind has the rights to sell individual mechs, and Catalyst can't / won't infringe on that.

Then again, I've also never seen any proof that there's an IW + Catalyst deal like that. Just random people talking on forums / reddit.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Basically what it comes down to is that CGL and IWM are both licensing specific rights from Topps. If they want to expand that they have to negotiate a new deal.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I remember it being something along the lines of Catalyst only having the right to sell boxed sets/games (among other things), while IWM gets to sell minis, period.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Even if they legally could, I can't imagine they would spend the money to redo their packaging, especially with the Mech packs bring as cheap as they are. Would you really want to pay like $15 for a single Mech?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Would you really want to pay like $15 for a single Mech?

I mean, not a plastic one

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

I mean, not a plastic one

Bingo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just waiting until I can buy these on miniaturemarket.com.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

I said come in! posted:

Just waiting until I can buy these on miniaturemarket.com.

Going to slam buy on that so hard it'll fracture my keyboard. Upset I didn't have the funds to back properly (only in for a dollar).

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Lately I have been dreaming about all the friends I am going to make when I wear my Clan Ice Hellion t-shirt around town.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
They're my mechs, and I want them now!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Call JG Wentworth! 1-8777 MEKS NOW! 1-877 MEKS NOW!

Sorry, seeing that post reminded me of the drat commercials. ANd if I have to suffer the earworm, so do you.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
That was the intention.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

SirFozzie posted:

Call JG Wentworth! 1-8777 MEKS NOW! 1-877 MEKS NOW!

Sorry, seeing that post reminded me of the drat commercials. ANd if I have to suffer the earworm, so do you.

JG Whitworth was right there and you missed it.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
It was in cover, clearly.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
That's what I get for firing after drinking three Periphery PPC's. (No, not really)

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Apparently when they reopen the pledge manager on the 15th, there's going to be eight new rewards you can add to ship with wave 2.

Did they hint / say what those would be somewhere? Seems kind of late to be more plastics, so I'm guessing it's other stuff.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Not that I've seen.

My initial thought was something else from IWM, since they're already involved with the Fortress DropShips and it's clear Catalyst is sharing the new designs with them since they've got pewter versions of the new Shadow Hawk and etc.

My only random guesses are "a new mapsheet bundle" and an IWM pewter mini in a kickstarter exclusive "the same as your new plastic 'Mech but jumping" pose. I'm not sure how likely the second is, since the Clans just don't have any super iconic jumpers unless you count Aidan Pryde's Timberwolf.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

the Clans just don't have any super iconic jumpers unless you count Aidan Pryde's Timberwolf.

There's not a lot of Clan characters who are associated with one machine, that's part of it. Every time Vlad showed up, it seemed like he was driving something different.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

There's not a lot of Clan characters who are associated with one machine, that's part of it. Every time Vlad showed up, it seemed like he was driving something different.

Vlad's preferred 'Mech was the Adder (Puma) he fought Phelan with during the bloodname trials, IIRC. It's never stated outright but Phelan comments that Vlad prefers "lighter machines" and Vlad felt the Puma v. Wolfhound IIC matchup was fair, which he likely wouldn't have if it was a machine he was uncomfortable with. I'm pretty sure Phelan had the Linebacker designed with Vlad's tastes in mind as a peace offering (which didn't work). Vlad got relegated to heavier, slower 'Mechs a lot while playing bodyguard for Ulric so he's still best known for the Timberwolf he used to capture Phelan on the Rock.

The list of really famous/infamous Clanners who didn't pilot some combination of the Timberwolf, Warhawk, or Dire Wolf for some/all of their career is shockingly low. If you're talking about a Clanner and they didn't pilot one of the Big Three they were probably an Elemental.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 10, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They really don't follow through on that preference. He fights Phelan's Trial of Position in a Gladiator, kills Chistu in a Masakari, spent some time running around in second-line machines like the Tundra Wolf and Blood Reaper to make his warriors stop demanding an Omni and then dies in a Mad Cat.

PoptartsNinja posted:

If you're talking about a Clanner and they didn't pilot one of the Big Three they were probably an Elemental.

Aletha Kabrinski driving a Dasher is the only Invasion-era character I can think of who actually, y'know, fights someone.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

They really don't follow through on that preference.

Stackpole forgot about it / forgot to share it, so everyone else just assumed he was a Timber Wolf pilot.

Vlad was always supposed to be Phelan's dark mirror, right down to 'Mech preference. The one and only time they have a fair fight is the Wolfhound IIC v. Adder fight.

Edit: I've always kinda liked the fact that the selfish and "evil" Vlad was nearly always setting his personal preferences aside for the needs of his Clan while the supposedly selfless Phelan continued to pilot a 35 ton deathtrap and getting into stupid pride fights even while he should've been driving something with some actual defense.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 10, 2020

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The Tundra Wolf and Jupiter are just two horribly ugly mechs. Tundra Wolf alone probably convinced my adolescent brain that clickytech was bad and best ignored.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Stackpole forgot about it / forgot to share it, so everyone else just assumed he was a Timber Wolf pilot.

Turnabout is fair play, I suppose.

General Battuta posted:

The Tundra Wolf and Jupiter are just two horribly ugly mechs. Tundra Wolf alone probably convinced my adolescent brain that clickytech was bad and best ignored.

The Tundra Wolf, I think, looks like it's from the wrong era. All its weapons seem weirdly bulky, especially for a Clan machine. If you told me it was an Age of War machine, so they were making it at the same time as stuff like the Ymir or Icarus, I would go "yeah that looks about right, the people who made this were clearly still figuring poo poo out."

The Jupiter though, that thing's torso just looks like a sad duck. And why does it have handles all over it?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I've always kinda liked the fact that the selfish and "evil" Vlad was nearly always setting his personal preferences aside for the needs of his Clan while the supposedly selfless Phelan continued to pilot a 35 ton deathtrap and getting into stupid pride fights even while he should've been driving something with some actual defense.

Phelan is driving a Gladiator when we see him in Bulldog and... wait...

PoptartsNinja posted:

driving something with some actual defense.

nm

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 10, 2020

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The entire reason Aidan Pryde wound up in a Timber Wolf for Legend of the Jade Phoenix III: This Time He Dies is because the Summoner has no back-up armaments and it's much more "notable" to kill a lance of ComGuards with an ER Small Laser than it is to do it with an ER PPC.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

But a Summoner is an Omnimech, he could load nothing but LBX2 and ER smalls, what gives Thurston :colbert:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

General Battuta posted:

But a Summoner is an Omnimech, he could load nothing but LBX2 and ER smalls, what gives Thurston :colbert:

The Mad Cat is a designated hero mech, that's what.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Only Slightly Bent posted:

Apparently when they reopen the pledge manager on the 15th, there's going to be eight new rewards you can add to ship with wave 2.

Did they hint / say what those would be somewhere? Seems kind of late to be more plastics, so I'm guessing it's other stuff.

I'm pretty sure they'll be throwing in the new metal dice pucks that they've released this year, and probably also the military academy t-shirts. Maybe the Battletech facemasks?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm gonna be bummed if I could have gotten a Nagelring shirt for cheaper after I just bought one

Now, if they add a Blackjack School of Conflict one...

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If they add a Blackjack School of Conflict shirt, then they'd better add a Princefield Military Academy one, too.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Now, if they add a Blackjack Jade Falcon School of Conflict one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pussy Cartel posted:

If they add a Blackjack School of Conflict shirt, then they'd better add a Princefield Military Academy one, too.

I thought the Marik equivalent of Blackjack was the Hero Training Institute?