Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1314805852222574592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jericho is so drunk right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jericho is always drunk, but Meltzer isn't wrong. Both Lance and Tenay have blown my expectations of them out of the water this year on WOL while Cornette's opinions are so bad he has his own quarantine thread.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I assume Jericho is just drunkenly bullshitting, that locker room would probably openly revolt if Tony started cutting Jim checks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MJeff posted:

I assume Jericho is just drunkenly bullshitting, that locker room would probably openly revolt if Tony started cutting Jim checks.

I imagine the things that would prevent revolt count under the 'pull his head out of his rear end' portion.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can believe Jericho is dumb enough to think that Cornette is a couple of months' good behaviour away from getting a call from Big Biceps Tony

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Does Jericho even like Cornette? I know he gave him his break but I don't think I've ever heard Jericho say anything about him, positive or negative

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Does Jericho even like Cornette? I know he gave him his break but I don't think I've ever heard Jericho say anything about him, positive or negative
They used to travel together at bare minimum, because Jericho was the one who filmed Cornette screaming at people in a fast food drive-thru

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

They used to travel together at bare minimum, because Jericho was the one who filmed Cornette screaming at people in a fast food drive-thru

Jericho records Cornys podcast?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cornette gave Jericho his first real extended US booking in SMW, that probably goes a long way

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

What was Jericho’s tweet before he deleted it? Generically putting over Cornette?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What was Jericho’s tweet before he deleted it? Generically putting over Cornette?
More along the lines of “if you could stop saying bad poo poo all the time you’d probably have a job in AEW by now”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lance's teaching moment in the latest F4D was absolute quality. I immediately equated it to the Pac/Cassidy match at Revolution and why that match sold me so well on Orange's babyface comeback.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I got the 1997 observer book and i found it extremely interesting, i have never actually read an actual observer, just heard them excerpted in Lapsed Fan/around the net.

Weird since i've listened Dave almost all of my adult life,

Neverthless i really like the book and his style of analysis on big and small situations, from Shawn losing his smile to Maurice Smith beating Coleman. I was actually suprised with the amount of MMA/Japan stuff.

I highly recommend this if you are a nerd and like books. About minute details of fake and real fighting

What other years would be good for this kind of book? 2007 with Benoit stuff? 2001 with WWE/WCW and the following fuckery?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

TheCool69 posted:

What other years would be good for this kind of book? 2007 with Benoit stuff? 2001 with WWE/WCW and the following fuckery?

1984 with the birth of the Hulkamania and the start of WWF's expansion but I'm not sure if Dave will have enough material.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TheCool69 posted:

I got the 1997 observer book and i found it extremely interesting, i have never actually read an actual observer, just heard them excerpted in Lapsed Fan/around the net.

Weird since i've listened Dave almost all of my adult life,

Neverthless i really like the book and his style of analysis on big and small situations, from Shawn losing his smile to Maurice Smith beating Coleman. I was actually suprised with the amount of MMA/Japan stuff.

I highly recommend this if you are a nerd and like books. About minute details of fake and real fighting

2020 will be in time

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The Croc posted:

2020 will be in time

Can we get a combo 2019-2020 book? The Rise of AEW?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Every month of 2020 will need a book.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Dave is just so excited to be reviewing yesterday's G-1.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
https://twitter.com/thebesttripever/status/1315079402623909888?s=21

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That is good news even if it seems like a lot to get through.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
There's a lot going on here.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1315503534205538309

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rick posted:

That is good news even if it seems like a lot to get through.

Yeah, it's a long road ahead but God I'm glad that it seems like Valley is gonna be around to travel that road.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The opening to the Bryan & Vinny show this week is amazing, holy poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This week's New Day podcast is incredible and I totally understand why Big E kicked Hornswoggle.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Is it just me or has F4Wonline been taking hours to update?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you have to like, manually refresh for it to update. it's really weird. you'd think going back and clicking on say, the raw report, would give you the latest version, but it stays cached forever so you just have to f5 that bad boy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

The opening to the Bryan & Vinny show this week is amazing, holy poo poo.

My God I'm catching up and this was incredible.

Bryan and Vinny ended up watching completely different shows, only realized after Vinny recapped the first segment, then just took an hour long break so Bryan could watch the right show and get caught up :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

My God I'm catching up and this was incredible.

Bryan and Vinny ended up watching completely different shows, only realized after Vinny recapped the first segment, then just took an hour long break so Bryan could watch the right show and get caught up :allears:
My favourite part is Bryan having to check who hosed up as if it was in any doubt

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Elias believes in a Flat Jeff Hardy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

Elias believes in a Flat Jeff Hardy

I just had to stop and take a moment to appreciate living at the same time as Dave Meltzer when I got to that part :lol:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Very happy that Dave was unable to think of the word "truther" at that moment.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It sounds like all his friends are getting Facebook Boomer Brain Poisoning though so that's a bummer.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I dunno what's going on with Dave but Flat Jeff Hardy is really funny for whatever reason

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I enjoyed Dave getting hot when Bryan teased him about the Observer being late

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave has clearly not learned the lesson he swore he learned about going too easy on wwe because he cant let a bryan criticism pass without trying to do some work for them

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Classic Bryan ignorance during the granny segment when he doesn't understand why anyone would still have a desktop computer when they could have an iMac. Worrying that no one else tried to educate him, though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you say that like bryan alvarez isn't the definition of the apple target demographic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bryan is 100% the type of customer that would get every single add on and extra an Apple Store employee would try and sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
A braided cable?? Just like me in the Bahamas...