Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Renaissance Robot posted:

If you remember, beards were very much Out Of Fashion in the west too until the last decade or so.

Funnily enough, there's a whole era of "Japanese art about how weird and goofy and alien westerners are" and one of the main indicators of "Western-ness" is beards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tulip posted:

Funnily enough, there's a whole era of "Japanese art about how weird and goofy and alien westerners are" and one of the main indicators of "Western-ness" is beards.

If you examine western art over the past couple of millennia, you can see beards moving in and out of fashion. If recent history is any indication, beards might stay popular for the next 40-60 years. Then again, if WWI hadn't happened, beards might never stopped being popular at all in the 20th century.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

A.o.D. posted:

If you examine western art over the past couple of millennia, you can see beards moving in and out of fashion. If recent history is any indication, beards might stay popular for the next 40-60 years. Then again, if WWI hadn't happened, beards might never stopped being popular at all in the 20th century.

Lol and they might fall out of fashion for similar reasons if covid 19 keeps runnin wild

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I always kinda feel bad for the guys trying to properly wear masks over these giant bushy beards.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

I always kinda feel bad for the guys trying to properly wear masks over these giant bushy beards.

As a guy trying to properly wear masks over a giant bushy beard, it’s not fun.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A.o.D. posted:

never mind beards, where are my preposterous waxed mustaches

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Late to the party, but this one made me laugh.

17 Hot Student Shatters Lies

And I predict a rad series of exchanges, Jagganoth tanking many blows, then setting off a nuke which forces the party plus SolDave to retreat.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Jagganoth is carrying a golf bag.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Algid posted:

Truly the most FFXIV of comics.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

True Royalty doesn't need a bag to carry 9 weapons and run at 45 mph at all times.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Algid posted:

I think for primordial first weapon hammer beats out spear since even unworked stone functions as a hammer. Also rocks are even more common as weapons/tools among animals than sticks. What I'm saying is that this means Intra killed Yem Yedo with a thrown hammer, which doesn't even have to be "a particularly sharp rock" as Meti might have called it.

Intra the first hammer bro

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

The epic of Salami Dave vs Pepper-Jackonoth.

Does every demi urge have a food related nickname?

Mottomless Mucket

Honestly trying to think of ones for the others but nothing's coming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Jamdis (Aka; Jam-Jar Jadis)

Gummy-Gog

Marmalottom

Mutton (Mammon)

Incubun

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Mammon the Gammon

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jagganoth dropping all of his fancy weapons and just wiping out a regular-size gun

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
BANG! BANG! BANG! GOODBYE DIRT!

Also idle speculation on my part: I feel the part we're not going to like will be a sudden swift death of one of our more fragile heroes from the indirect fire of Jag's incoming army. Because war sucks.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Is this the awakening of the legendary Super Salami-man?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

The part we will hate is slight redraws of the latest panel running for the next 7 weeks.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Thyrork posted:

BANG! BANG! BANG! GOODBYE DIRT!

Also idle speculation on my part: I feel the part we're not going to like will be a sudden swift death of one of our more fragile heroes from the indirect fire of Jag's incoming army. Because war sucks.

Allison's ex is death flagging pretty hard after they finally reunited and started catching up. He's her only connection to their homeworld, so it makes sense narratively for him to disappear during...whatever she's about to go through.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Jagg will not be a true hunter until he masters the hunting horn and the SnS

Hammer is just a discount hunting horn cmv

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rhaka posted:

The part we will hate is slight redraws of the latest panel running for the next 7 weeks.

Switching from one anime genre to another would be a hell of a move.

stab stabby
Mar 23, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jamdis (Aka; Jam-Jar Jadis)

Gummy-Gog

Marmalottom

Mutton (Mammon)

Incubun

Gog is obviously Casu Marzu

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

Jagg will not be a true hunter until he masters the hunting horn and the SnS

Hammer is just a discount hunting horn cmv

SnS is a discount Charge Blade.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Darth Walrus posted:

Flashy expensive charge blades might look cool but when you're out of phials you'll wish for the simplicity of a sword and shield

Meti uses LS tho just foresight slashes for days

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

Allison's ex is death flagging pretty hard after they finally reunited and started catching up. He's her only connection to their homeworld, so it makes sense narratively for him to disappear during...whatever she's about to go through.

I think Zaid's been a pretty good take on the damsel in distress that I'd really not like to see it ending with him dying to raise the stakes/motivate Allison. I'd rather see what Abaddon wrote about Zaid and Allison becoming friends and Allison dealing with the fallout of her whole quest being set off by a need to save this guy that she's come to terms doesn't mean all that much to her, but now he's floating around in her periphery and she has to have some kind of relationship with him, considering the fact that they're both in this poo poo together. Plus, I want to see more of his character—we saw him awkwardly have sex with Allison, being driven mostly by horniness but having at least a bit of attention to her needs, we know her roommates don't care for him, and then, when we next see him in action, he challenges Solomon David to his loving face about tyranny.

Much like with Allison, he seems like a guy who's not an exceptional specimen of humanity, but he does have what it takes to rise to the occasion when called upon. I'd like to see more of that, and also, give us the whole awkwardness of them having to deal with all the poo poo that's happened in between them trying to bang.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
In another timeline I'm pretty sure Zaid has it in him to be like Zoss, dominating the wheel (as apposed to Allison, who is supposed to break it). This time he didn't get the key, but he still has the spark.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I just realized that we're about to get two demiurges going all out at each other, using the power of pure creation in the way a man might use an especially sharp rock and I'm so excited

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I just realized that we're about to get two demiurges going all out at each other, using the power of pure creation in the way a man might use an especially sharp rock and I'm so excited

Not guaranteed that Jaggy is going to be going all out here.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

All Jag really has to do is stall Solomon and keep him occupied. I’m pretty sure without Solomon to lead his empire will be crippled and unable to respond to Jags armies. This will further incense Solomon and eventually break him.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This just makes me sad there's no good epic orchestral version of Space Jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krXTZvkRCD4

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Darth Walrus posted:

Not guaranteed that Jaggy is going to be going all out here.

Well assuming that as someone said upthread Sol can fight Jag to a standstill he doesn't look like he's going to have much choice in the matter cause Dave sure as poo poo looks ready to pop off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

attention all:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1291146500492468224?s=20

that is all

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

poo poo now we gotta redo all the b-ball edits to be about baseball. REACH HOME PLATE THROUGH VIOLENCE.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

TwoPair posted:

poo poo now we gotta redo all the b-ball edits to be about blaseball. REACH HOME PLATE THROUGH VIOLENCE.

https://www.blaseball.com/
Join us.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Darth Walrus posted:

You take it back you MONSTER

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Motherfucker posted:

You take it back you MONSTER

They're not wrong

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

poo poo now we gotta redo all the b-ball edits to be about baseball. REACH HOME PLATE THROUGH VIOLENCE.

We need to invent Basket Base Ball.

I have no idea how that would play.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Cat Mattress posted:

We need to invent Basket Base Ball.

I have no idea how that would play.

Something like this I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ieUp88iL8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU