Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Flesh Forge posted:

how are you getting "that guy supports militias and thinks they are good" from anything I have ever posted? really seriously?

people in this forum and especially this thread use this tactic all the time and it's really annoying, it's a crutch used by very stupid people who can't adequately defend their point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Flesh Forge posted:

consider this another way. do you think it is good when media uses the terms "thug" or "animal" to refer to any given black criminal?

I refer to the chuds as savages, just out of fair play tossing their own poison back at them :shrug:

staticman has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Oct 10, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
[I must have misread that]

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

consider this another way. do you think it is good when media uses the terms "thug" or "animal" to refer to any given black criminal?

This isn't the same thing. Violent militias are exclusively right wing and luckily laws already constrain violent militias. There are few to no "legitimate" militias operating that would be slurred by changing the working definition of the term vs the various left wing organized groups that could and likely would suffer if all "groups operating in opposition to the state" were able to be stuffed under a legal grab bag term like "domestic terrorism".

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

leave aside your views on legality for a minute, talking about cultural connotations here. "legitimate" is immensely loaded also. the point is not (and has never been) that good, righteous militias might be slurred by media's use of this word, it's that among the media's consumers a very large sector will never interpret that word with the same connotations as you. they hear the media saying "the good guys are getting oppressed by the government". the same as they read "a violent thug was fatally wounded in an officer-involved shooting" and hear "a good guy killed a bad guy". media uses these culturally ambiguous words very often because they know you and people with the literal opposite views will take their own meanings from them and nod smugly to themselves.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'll be glad to explain all of this to the people pointing their guns at me

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

all you have to do is yell OBJECTION like it's a phoenix wright game, don't worry

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

all you have to do is yell OBJECTION like it's a phoenix wright game, don't worry

Calling them domestic terrorists though, that'll definitely make them not shoot you

Edit: but seriously, I take your point regarding how the media uses language. But once we open the domestic terrorist terminology door it's gonna get used on left wing activists too if only so the media can both sides the poo poo out of things

KitConstantine has issued a correction as of 23:46 on Oct 10, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

no but it might make tens of millions of americans not think of them as the good guys

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

no but it might make tens of millions of americans not think of them as the good guys

The a lot of the kind of people that hear militia and think good guys arent gonna agree that these guys are domestic terrorists anyway

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

This isn't the same thing. Violent militias are exclusively right wing and luckily laws already constrain violent militias. There are few to no "legitimate" militias operating that would be slurred by changing the working definition of the term vs the various left wing organized groups that could and likely would suffer if all "groups operating in opposition to the state" were able to be stuffed under a legal grab bag term like "domestic terrorism".

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

The a lot of the kind of people that hear militia and think good guys arent gonna agree that these guys are domestic terrorists anyway

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

how are you getting "that guy supports militias and thinks they are good" from anything I have ever posted? really seriously?

maybe the fact that you think its wrong to call them terrorists when they're planning terrorist attacks and generally acting like terrorists

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
the media are terminal decorum libs so if both antifa/blm and militias get successfully labeled terrorists to them it's mission accomplished

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rah! posted:

maybe the fact that you think its wrong to call them terrorists when they're planning terrorist attacks and generally acting like terrorists

....... how the gently caress did you get the idea that I think it's wrong to call them terrorists?
e: gonna be nice and just say PLEASE REVIEW

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Dai dai dai-dai

Da-da-da-da dai-dai

Da-da-da-da dai-dai

MILITIAS!!!!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Rah! posted:

perfect example of what I was just talking about lol. can you even read? is that a skill you possess?

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
we must impotently oppose labeling of right wing groups to prevent crackdowns on left wing groups as if that ever slowed down one bit

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Armed community defense as a principle rejects the idea of a standing militia and individual gun culture poo poo

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

this argument is intensely stupid, I can call them terrorists all I want and that won't change the fact that the american public sees them as brave heroes.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

edit: wrong thread oops

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
got a new shirt and noticed this when i got home

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Flavius Aetass posted:

got a new shirt and noticed this when i got home

In the words of Robert Evans "that's a brickin'!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mRG88KPbA

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mary Annette posted:

Dai dai dai-dai

Da-da-da-da dai-dai

Da-da-da-da dai-dai

MILITIAS!!!!

at three I started Sunday school, at ten I got a gun

I hope that when I see Antifa that my killshot is fun

MILITIAS, MILITIAS

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/sep/28/nba-finals-marvel-capcom/#c1606625

quote:

SirtoM1 said on October 7, 2020 at 7:14 a.m.
Reply @dreamizded1132 #37
Dude you not for real right? As much information i dropped ( links aside) you sould of looked into what i was saying. If your leader/founder said "We Are trained Marxist" that dont ring any ring any bells? On there website they had a list of goals. & 1 of those goals was "to destory the western nuclear family" which they now removed your a terrorist organization. If your beliefs gets in the way of critical thinking. Dont do politics or even think about it. Dont even get me started on all the black lives that was lost during BLM "peaceful protest" that BLM came out and said nothing for. Im im sure your going to nitpick what i said. So dont bother replying.

quote:

SirtoM1 said on October 7, 2020 at 7:24 a.m.
Reply @dreamizded1132 #37
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/16/...

https://youtu.be/xzijqjFl3OQ shes admitting to being a marxist. So you the mear fact you brought up my links being far right anything makes me laugh because your leader of blm admits shes the farthest you can possibly get to being left

Race Realists posted:

i LOVE video games!!1!11!1!:unsmigghh:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Oct 11, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

this isn't the first time I've seen this, but I still have no idea how any of these people ended up in fighting ga--- oh wait Street Fighter V lol

you would think Mortal Kombat, but they tend to stick to themselves or get lost forever in those weird single player modes

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Victory Position posted:

you would think Mortal Kombat, but they tend to stick to themselves or get lost forever in those weird single player modes

google the character Jax's MK11 Ending. Read the comments. better yet just type Mortal Kombat 11 rant on YouTube.

go ahead ill give you a moment

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
we live in a world in which hyper violent games are now EssJayDoubley00 propaganda because... some of the characters have vaginas?:shrug:..

admittedly Jax's MK11 Ending is peak SuccDem fantasy but other than that i dunno

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The last two pages have been a wonderful slap fight, but I'll answer the question around right wing militias and why they openly operate.

It's because they are full of cops. That's why. They are already part of the militarised culture of the US. They operate in tandem with the rest of the US state apparatus. They are the most granular most local, most primeval version of the security state you can imagine. poo poo they don't even have badges but they uphold the ideology of the States to the letter. They are true patriots.

Forest for the trees etc.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Race Realists posted:

google the character Jax's MK11 Ending. Read the comments. better yet just type Mortal Kombat 11 rant on YouTube.

if people could react as fast as they do with getting pissy about "woke" or "ending slavery" in video games, they'd be a hell of a lot better at fighting games

also I think now's a good time to bring up Tom Brady, the Mortal Kombat player, mostly because his name is Tom Brady

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'd really like the people saying "the American Public thinks militia are heroic freedom fighters" to have some kind of actual evidence in hand to support that over "the American Public thinks militia are creepy woods-dwelling racists" which is equally plausible and well-supported

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Race Realists posted:

no thanks, i only have so many moments

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
CHUDs belong in residential schools at best
https://twitter.com/ErikaHa11772363/status/1315075596221771776

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i knew i recognized the tell-tale bipolar booty shake

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

Many tens of millions of people are loving racist assholes why the gently caress do they get to define anything?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

the real issue is that you don't have a point

all you've said is that there are a lot of people that think "organized militias" are good guys, like so what, of course there are, it breaks down along ideological grounds like everything else in this stupid red vs blue country. the only material difference is that the power structures, especially at the local level/law enforcement, trend heavily red, so if Clem and Buck and Chuck and a bunch of late 40's fart men show up in camo open carrying, they're allowed to do w/e, even if it's in the books as illegal, because the law is a contrivance to arrest outgroup members of the labor class, minorities, queers, and poor people.

the only thing that's going to unseat white men with guns as the defacto good guys regardless of their intentions is the destruction of white supremacy and patriarchy as the pillars of society/culture, and the only that way happens is millions of people dying

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

lol what kind of comparison is that?

militias are groups of (mostly) chuds (so, mostly white and racist), that make the conscious decision to get together to play right wing patriot supersoldier, and sometimes to plot the overthrow of the government and maybe create an ethnostate/commit genocide

black people on the other hand, are victims of centuries of institutional racism and murder due to nothing but the color of the skin they were born with, at the hands of the kind of people who often join militias

its wrong to call back people "thugs" or "animals" because that's racist. It's not wrong to call militia members terrorists, when terrorism is what they're loving doing

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

leave aside your views on legality for a minute, talking about cultural connotations here. "legitimate" is immensely loaded also. the point is not (and has never been) that good, righteous militias might be slurred by media's use of this word, it's that among the media's consumers a very large sector will never interpret that word with the same connotations as you. they hear the media saying "the good guys are getting oppressed by the government". the same as they read "a violent thug was fatally wounded in an officer-involved shooting" and hear "a good guy killed a bad guy". media uses these culturally ambiguous words very often because they know you and people with the literal opposite views will take their own meanings from them and nod smugly to themselves.

you honestly think none of us know this?

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

....... how the gently caress did you get the idea that I think it's wrong to call them terrorists?
e: gonna be nice and just say PLEASE REVIEW

maybe it was your posts where you were arguing that it doesnt make sense to call them terrorists because they themselves and their grandmas and their pet hamsters dont consider them to be terrorists (what the gently caress do you call a plot to kidnap a governor, if not terrorism?), that gave me that idea

lol

people who aren't chuds/chud adjacent, usually do not have high opinions of militias, especially when they're committing terrorist acts. Who gives a poo poo if biff meatslab from suburban detroit loves them and thinks they're super patriots?

also you never answered my question here:

Rah! posted:

Flesh Forge posted:

why do you think commonly-described armed militia were allowed to storm michigan's statehouse unmolested?
because the cops themselves are a bunch of white supremacist militia freaks

you think they would have let a black militia do that? lol

(the answer is no)