Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I have a five string somewhere under a pile of lamps so I am technically a bassist, in fact the worst kind of bassist, the kind that owns a five string and tells you about it

a perfect post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Bill Posters posted:

That cab in my pic is a 4x15. It has 2 speakers facing each other in the central section. It was my white whale until I managed to snag it off gumtree. I've never seen another one in the wild.

Christ, what a beast! Sounds incredibly heavy, too.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I have a five string somewhere under a pile of lamps so I am technically a bassist, in fact the worst kind of bassist, the kind that owns a five string and tells you about it

Hey, if you don't want it... *gestures

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Carlos Lantana posted:

namechange to a weed guitar pun

Riff Splifff

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i've spent the past 3 days learning Vulfpeck bass riffs so I'm probably not the cool kinda metal bassists you guys like

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Cool metal bass is only fun in a band. Motown/jamiroquai/vulfpeck sorta stuff is way more fun to play by yourself imo.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Carlos Lantana posted:

namechange to a weed guitar pun

Tuning peg roach clip

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Visible Stink posted:

Riff Splifff

can you just flick through your avs at will?
I'd like my bark hippy back. The one about being buttfucked is 40 years too late

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Carlos Lantana posted:

I'd like my bark hippy back. The one about being buttfucked is 40 years too late

http://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/

No idea if this still works or not.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Jestery posted:

Tuning peg roach clip

Engineering? You mad?

Simple:
- don't clip guitar strings down when you've put a fresh set on.
- instead, clip them about an inch long, being sure to clip diagonally to the string to create a needle point.

BINGO - 6 individual roach skewers.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
When applying for a government job would you hint at diversity-hire stuff in your application? trans/minority/disability etc.? Do you think that could be beneficial?

Asking for a big, gay, differently-abled friend.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Sillybones posted:

When applying for a government job would you hint at diversity-hire stuff in your application? trans/minority/disability etc.? Do you think that could be beneficial?

I can't speak for other government departments, but if you're applying to work at the NDIA, definitely. Work a sentence in there along the lines of "my lived experience of *non-heteronormativity* enables me to *address one of the selection criteria in a unique way*".

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

i've spent the past 3 days learning Vulfpeck bass riffs so I'm probably not the cool kinda metal bassists you guys like

I would very much like to steal Joe Dart's talent. I imagine it'd be like the Monstars in Space Jam but with a bass instead of a basketball to shove all the stolen power in.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Sillybones posted:

Yes most aps apps in the last few years I've seen have questions specifically for it you can choose to answer.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Sittin outside punchin darts & cones and can't hear even a single noise. No cars, no people, no planes just silence. Not sure if I will even be able to cope with city life after lockdown ends holy poo poo I think it has really hit home how much the quiet helps me to be able to tune off.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

I would very much like to steal Joe Dart's talent. I imagine it'd be like the Monstars in Space Jam but with a bass instead of a basketball to shove all the stolen power in.

Its crazy how good he sounds. He's got those tone fingers. He's so cool.

I also want Cory Wong's floppy strumming wrist.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

naeka posted:

Sittin outside punchin darts & cones and can't hear even a single noise. No cars, no people, no planes just silence. Not sure if I will even be able to cope with city life after lockdown ends holy poo poo I think it has really hit home how much the quiet helps me to be able to tune off.

Having grown up somewhere fairly quiet then moving to Sydney it took me quite a long time to get used to the noise cause the quiet was part of my wind down each night. I moved back to the mountains not that long later and the first couple of nights I was back up here it really blew me away just how quiet it was and now I wouldn't trade it for much.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

The noise around me is insane and it’s all inconsiderate cunts doing stupid poo poo at all hours of the day. it’s a big trigger of my anxiety. I’d love to move to the middle of nowhere but my girlfriend wants to be close to friends/society and also being outside of my inner melbourne gay communist bubble would probably be unpleasant

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Vulfpeck is very good and cool with this stoner metal/Metallica covers bass player.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Speaking of getting away from the noise, wondering where I could do a super cheap rear end camping holiday on my own somewhere in SA in the middle of nowhere (I grew up like three middle of nowheres in, so I'm used to that) with a nice beach and little chance of meeting anyone I know. But preferably still with a supermarket. Port Germein is tempting.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

I live in an old shop on the corner of a sub-main road, it can be pretty noisy but I am used to it now. Last place was above a shop on Parramatta Rd, which was pretty awful. The noise was one thing, the pollution another. What drove us out was the fact that it loving flooded in heavy rain.
My guess is that if we had stayed there and the rain we had that cyclone Sunday near the start of the year would have had knee-high water in the loungeroom.

Moving to a quiet area is an option, but I work in the city half the time and at different venues any other time, so moving to the mountains always feels a bit like it would drive me mad with travel.

Though I would still love to do it.
Since Melbourne is off the cards for while.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 10, 2020

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I am the opposite. I was born and raised in the city, and whenever I go to the country, I found the quiet eerie and unsettling. I am a bit of an introvert, so the sound of human activity and walking through places where people are provides the kind of social energy that keeps me going. If I were just by myself in a quiet place, I think I would find it quite isolating and depressing tbh.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Can't actually remember how loud the city was but it can't possibly be as loud as the insomniac rooster that can't tell time I'm certain

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its as loud as the two leafblowers that are currently being used in my street

just use a rake you lazy cunts, your yard isn't even big at all

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I actually really like em when they have the big sack attachment that runs on reverse and acts like a big outdoor vacuum. I'm not even really sure what the normal mode is meant to achieve tbh it always just looks like it never does what the person operating it actually wanted

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'd be happy enough living out on 20-50 acres well away from all the noise and idiots. Not very practical for schooling and working in the cbd but.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

i was in a cul de sac in the burbs and that was pretty quiet.

conversely i was on a main road in dural (big blocks outside sydney) and it was loud as gently caress. we were like 50m from the road but no trees/fence to break up the soundwaves and the roads posted speed was 80. it was also dead flat so you'd get people really winding out their engines and, if you floored it from the turn off the whole way to our house you were easily up around 150km/h

in a flat now at the front of a block on the trainline and i can only sometimes hear the frieght trains at night if theres no noise at all.

the helicopters into the the hospital are pretty loud.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 11, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Cool day of hanging smoke. Got the air con on recirculate just cleaning because gently caress going outside. Checking the rural Fire service RSS feed is back baby aroooo (wolf howl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ili posted:

I'd be happy enough living out on 20-50 acres well away from all the noise and idiots. Not very practical for schooling and working in the cbd but.

Mate that's a lot of mowing I don't know if you're up for that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Out in the country we had a gigantic heavy duty lawnmower, I went a little mad with power and mowed an entire shrub.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Still not sure if my relationship with Mrs turnbeug has actually survived the time I left the John Deere catalogue out before Valentine's and she took the hint to get me a second hand push mower

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I'm in a little back street cul de sac in Darlinghurst (10 minutes walk from the Sydney CBD) and it's surprising how quiet it can get here. Outside of the junkies screaming every now and then

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Carlos Lantana posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/ad/f1/00042809.0001.png

Just change the .png to .jpg or .gif and that last digit from 1 to 2, 3 etc to see all the avs you used to have.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Still not sure if my relationship with Mrs turnbeug has actually survived the time I left the John Deere catalogue out before Valentine's and she took the hint to get me a second hand push mower

I dunno, that's a cracker of a $20 joke gift.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Korgan posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/ad/f1/00042809.0001.png

Just change the .png to .jpg or .gif and that last digit from 1 to 2, 3 etc to see all the avs you used to have.

thanks for finding that

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Laserface posted:

conversely i was on a main road in dural (big blocks outside sydney) and it was loud as gently caress. we were like 50m from the road but no trees/fence to break up the soundwaves and the roads posted speed was 80. it was also dead flat so you'd get people really winding out their engines and, if you floored it from the turn off the whole way to our house you were easily up around 150km/h

I was working in Dural this week and gently caress me dead for a little out of the way place it has SO MUCH GODDAMN TRAFFIC. I am on New Canterbury Rd and I don't think it's a bad as there half the time.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

naeka posted:

For real i am semi dreading how things might end up; its been quieter than being on holiday in a country town or way out in the middle of nowhere ; on a main road in the city here too. Curfew sort of sucked but also was nice i guess (i cant imagine it wold have been much fun if you lived with your parents or had horrible room mates though :(.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
found this in a dusty old folder, made for Isaac

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Carlos Lantana posted:

found this in a dusty old folder, made for Isaac

lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAJsI7Csp0

Sunday night and a new karma collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU