Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open for candy, pumpkins and costumes!

Buy what you want at Nooks! Help yourself to costumes! Take part in the fishing tournament!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

I'll be AFK so thanks for visiting!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
To get the gold tourney, I need to get 300 points on the same day, correct?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Cumulative over all the fishing tourneys you’ve participated in.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

UltraRed posted:

To get the gold tourney, I need to get 300 points on the same day, correct?

No, points carry over between events. If you get to 299 points today, you would just need 1 point during the winter (or summer if you’re sh) tourney to get the gold trophy.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I swear the fishing tourney cuts spawn rates for fish in half

I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 within the time limit, it's insane. Especially compared to the bug off, where you can get 10+ easy.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You need to cooperate to get anywhere in the fishing tournament. The bug tournament can be easily exploited solo. But you want to fish with friends

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Blaziken386 posted:

I swear the fishing tourney cuts spawn rates for fish in half

I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 within the time limit, it's insane. Especially compared to the bug off, where you can get 10+ easy.

What's your favorite flavor of clam, friends? There's an easy solution to your problem.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Spellman posted:

You need to cooperate to get anywhere in the fishing tournament. The bug tournament can be easily exploited solo. But you want to fish with friends
Unfortunately all my friends have lovely wifi :v:

...Not that I actually need the points, I got all the rewards back in spring. I'm mainly doing it today for that sweet sweet fishmoney, because I kinda blew the entirety of my savings on the Royal Crown, and need a semi-decent base to buy a full inventory of turnips tomorrow.

e:

Chronojam posted:

What's your favorite flavor of clam, friends? There's an easy solution to your problem.
I wouldn't call "needing to dig up clams for hours to craft them, one by one, into bait" an "easy solution"

More a "bullshit tedious boring as gently caress" solution

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 10, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've seriously gotten worse at fishing the more I've played, somehow I managed a 50 in a row streak during the first tournament. Now I can barely catch like 3 in a row without messing it up.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

I just stopped caring after I got the 100-catch streak trophy so I’ve gotten pretty sloppy.

And I am also certain they cut the spawn rate during the tourney. And I really noticed it this time because I forgot to stockpile bait ahead of time (but I don’t really care because I already got the gold trophy and all the swag).

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
The points roll over? drat I spent like an entire miserable day on the first tourney getting gold. Since then I just do one round to get the stamp.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Got bronze trophy and all the loot during the tourney. Doing the rounds of the villagers to give out their daily coconuts now they've all stopped fishing obsessively (aside from Klaus and Apollo who haven't got the memo yet, seriously guys you need to stop). It rolled over to 8pm, took a run up to the cliffs to see if there's a ghostie there today and had my first encounter with a scorpion holy gently caress those little buggers are fast i didn't even loving see it until it rammed into me and now all the crickets are scaring me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thank God! Did 305 fishing tournament points and wondered who would go through this?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

track day bro! posted:

Forgot to post this yesterday but It's 2 spooky 4 me

Also bonus feels from Julian, who said smugs were the worst

This is a fantastic picture, thank you

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Dodo code is Closed

It’s day 10 of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween

I am your gracious host Stonks, Where the Wild Things Are

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of courseVisit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House Six rooms of terror await you, can you arrive.

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, Thanks to goon generosity, the Haunted Forest now has a wicked witches brew in the center of it

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables has Mage’s dress for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy** up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 11, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Who's bullying my beautiful boy??

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fun with terraforming today. The area around my plaza and the paths around the villager houses are pretty much done now (or will be when I stop procrastinating and move the last flowers out of the way to finish paving an area). It's now possible to actually walk along the back of the island all the way around. And there's a little alleyway to Redd's beach from the scummy trash/weed-filled hollow where my alt's shack is half hidden. I'm getting there.

How often do you get campsite villagers, incidentally? Since the mandatory first smug visitor (Klaus) I've only had one random drop by. I do have all ten villagers.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Black Robe posted:

Fun with terraforming today. The area around my plaza and the paths around the villager houses are pretty much done now (or will be when I stop procrastinating and move the last flowers out of the way to finish paving an area). It's now possible to actually walk along the back of the island all the way around. And there's a little alleyway to Redd's beach from the scummy trash/weed-filled hollow where my alt's shack is half hidden. I'm getting there.

How often do you get campsite villagers, incidentally? Since the mandatory first smug visitor (Klaus) I've only had one random drop by. I do have all ten villagers.
It's sort of random, but basically 3 days after the campsite has emptied, you get an increasing chance of a camper every day (5 percent the third day, 10 percent the next, topping out at a 20 percent chance every day).

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Slugworth posted:

It's sort of random, but basically 3 days after the campsite has emptied, you get an increasing chance of a camper every day (5 percent the third day, 10 percent the next, topping out at a 20 percent chance every day).

Ah, thanks. I thought it would be more common.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Moose-Alini posted:

The points roll over? drat I spent like an entire miserable day on the first tourney getting gold. Since then I just do one round to get the stamp.

Yes.

Both the points you can exchange for prizes and you points towards a trophy carry over each tourney.

Edit: whoops I quoted the wrong post.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

EDIT: CLOSED. Thanks, friends!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 12, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Dodo code is closed

It’s day 11 of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween

I am your gracious host Stonks

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of courseVisit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House Six rooms of terror await you, can you arrive.

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, Thanks to goon generosity, the Haunted Forest now has a wicked witches brew in the center of it

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables has animal noses for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy** up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 12, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carcosa is open!

Not much at Abel's today, but Nook's has a spooky table, and candy! Also as many cardboard boxes as you can carry! The kind with the shipping label on them.

Stop by and see what's new! K.K. is in town if you need songs, and the pile o' stuff is yours for the taking!

Message doodles and pumpkin watering always welcome!

JD0C2

e: thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 12, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Waffle! posted:

Carcosa is open!

Not much at Abel's today, but Nook's has a spooky table, and candy! Also as many cardboard boxes as you can carry! The kind with the shipping label on them.

Stop by and see what's new! K.K. is in town if you need songs, and the pile o' stuff is yours for the taking!

Message doodles and pumpkin watering always welcome!

JD0C2

Does pumpkin watering by visitors actually do anything?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I don't know tbh. I just appreciate the gesture.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Come on by Mau-Mau for all your candy, pumpkin and costume needs! Take what you want! There are also DIY recipes on the beach in front of Ursala's. And Nook Miles Tickets hidden behind the museum.

Dodo Code: JWM42

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I missed playing for a couple days, will those days Halloween items show up again later in Nooks Crannys?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Check with your animals, theyll be doing one of the Spooky set once per day. Nooks also sells one random spooky item once per day

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I actually had a couple of shooting stars last night, got maybe 5 or so. No time to check for fragments until later but this is a first for me. No Celeste though so I still only have one recipe, guess I'll save any that wash up for another time.

VapeApologist
Sep 25, 2016
Is the trees bounty diy thing over? I read somewhere that it was until dec but I haven't found any since October started.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've opened up today so people can help me get rid of these DIYs. Fruit, fossils, and shopping, too -- Redd is in port.

Code in the other thread.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carcosa is open!

Abel's has impish horns, bone costume, nylon jackets, and poop hats!

Nook's has a spooky tower, and candy! Turnips are junk at 80.

Stop by and see what's new! Help yourself to the pile of DIY's and other goodies!

I'll be open for an hour or so... message doodles always welcome!

BKWY8

e: thanks for visiting! I'll reopen later.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 12, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Goons! Ankha has announced in spectacular fanfare that she wants to move out of Fiorina! She’ll be in boxes tomorrow if someone will have an empty plot ready for the second most sought after cat in Animal Crossing.

E: a campsite visitor wanted her to move out so a goon is taking her tonight instead. Yay! Golden toilet cat has found a new home!

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 12, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Dodo code is closed

For a dozen days in a row now Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween

I am your gracious host Stonks the Skonksitton!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House! Six rooms of terror await you, can you arrive.

We'll be making modest improvements throughout the month, but we're approaching max Spookpacity!

The ables has Mage's Hoods for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 13, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Come on down to Mau-Mau for candy, pumpkins and costumes! There are still Nook Miles Tickets hidden behind the museum if you need some.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks!

Able Sisters have the flashy animal costume, fairy dress, figure skating costume and construction helmet!

No one is building anything at the moment and Gullivarrr is visiting! (Which is why I'm dressed like a spooky pirate king)

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 13, 2020

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
If you want Sprinkle she's packing up today. Her house is the one with pink balloons.

Code: BCCXS

You have any Halloweeny goodies or tombstones please leave em!

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Did I miss something? For why is KK Slider on my island today?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Is it your birthday?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Is it your birthday maybe? Or the birthday of one of your accounts?

Or maybe you didn't log in on Sunday/Monday and he's a visitor override the first day you log in after an interrupted (fish tourney) Saturday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Oh my God, Operation Full Island Touch Zone has me using Excel for the first time in yonks.