Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man, with the pandemic changes, playing Go is now lots of fun. Especially with the extended range on Pokestops and Gyms, the experience is smoother than ever. I really like what the game has become over the years but goddamn does it run like rear end on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Kikas posted:

Man, with the pandemic changes, playing Go is now lots of fun. Especially with the extended range on Pokestops and Gyms, the experience is smoother than ever. I really like what the game has become over the years but goddamn does it run like rear end on my phone.

Yeah, I downloaded it again with the announcement of GMax Melmetal and was surprised to be enjoying myself.

RIP my battery though

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Poor Charizard, thought of stealth rocks and died

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hammerite posted:

Poor Charizard, thought of stealth rocks and died

There was a time when everything thought of stealth rocks and died.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hammerite posted:

Poor Charizard, thought of stealth rocks and put on his Timbs

Yeah if you're 4x weak to Sneaky Pebbles you don't leave without 'em. Now I'm thinking about Volcarona wearing little boots.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

come play doubles where there are few if any pebbles

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I created a web app that you can use to help with the Cram-o-matic:

https://cramit.z6.web.core.windows.net/

Experimental. Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

It will have a better address eventually. I am bad at DNS.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Rudoku posted:

Yeah if you're 4x weak to Sneaky Pebbles you don't leave without 'em. Now I'm thinking about Volcarona wearing little boots.

Does Volcorona have six little boots on the end of its little stubs or a single huge one at the tip of its thorax?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

galagazombie posted:

Does Volcorona have six little boots on the end of its little stubs or a single huge one at the tip of its thorax?

I want it to be 6 little boots, but I'd accept one huge one if it's like a Kuribo's Boot from Mario 3.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rudoku posted:

I want it to be 6 little boots, but I'd accept one huge one if it's like a Kuribo's Boot from Mario 3.

:hmmyes:

Love my demi-god moth so much.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I'm going to try to finally complete Pokemon Red while I'm on pandemic. Are the sequels any good?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

They're okay.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1313236216167510016

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
a week later, i still keep coming back to watch the friggin' Gotcha AMV

its too cute

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mutekimaru_ch/status/1312384220791070721

an actual fish just found a new glitch in rse

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I don't think that's the retail release of Ruby, though. I'm pretty sure it's the betta version.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

i know nowadays shinies are omnipresent, and practically everyone has a collection of them at this point, but every time I find one its just like :aaaaa:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaziken386 posted:

i know nowadays shinies are omnipresent, and practically everyone has a collection of them at this point, but every time I find one its just like :aaaaa:

With what limited amount of time I played GO I got a shiny Sneasel to hatch and I'm just waiting to bring it over.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I found a shiny Eevee in Go so obviously now my local gyms are defended by Sakura the Lime Green Espeon :v:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 10, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kikas posted:

I found a shiny Eevee in Go so obviously now my local gyms are defended by Sakura the Lime Green Umbreon :v:

Espeon's the limeon of the eeveelutions, or has Go decided to let RNG decide Shiny color as it should've been doing for the past twenty years

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

I found a shiny Eevee in Go so obviously now my local gyms are defended by Sakura the Lime Green Umbreon :v:

As a big Umbreon fan that finally got a shiny, I fear that one of our Umbreons is in dire need of medical attention :ohdear:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blue Raspberry Umbreon is good

Edit: I need better reading comprehension, but my point still stands

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 10, 2020

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is there a way to see in Pokémon bank who is gonna become legal to transfer in Crown Tundra so I don’t have to dig through all my crap one by one

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is there a way to see in Pokémon bank who is gonna become legal to transfer in Crown Tundra so I don’t have to dig through all my crap one by one

You can filter by what is transferable to SwSh or Let’s Go. After the dlc drops it will include the new ones that be sent over

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Espeon's the limeon of the eeveelutions, or has Go decided to let RNG decide Shiny color as it should've been doing for the past twenty years

Hrist posted:

As a big Umbreon fan that finally got a shiny, I fear that one of our Umbreons is in dire need of medical attention :ohdear:

Of course it's a Espeon, this is what I get for driveby posting between Squadrons matches.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Haven't played since a week or two after launch, did the expansion add to the end game? Online or the wilds area less of a shitshow? Anything big to catch up on?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

My Gimmick Name posted:

Haven't played since a week or two after launch, did the expansion add to the end game? Online or the wilds area less of a shitshow? Anything big to catch up on?

There's more varied terrain and like,...designed areas to the new wild area, but it's also like half lovely water to surf around on, and because you still don't have a mini map the fun twisty maze like forest zones are just a bumble gently caress of "poo poo did that berry tree reset or did I just miss this one on my last pass". No real new content but more Old Pokes being added.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Berry trees reset at midnight, so if you see one with berries on it, you haven't gotten berries from it earlier today.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Berry trees reset at midnight, so if you see one with berries on it, you haven't gotten berries from it earlier today.

With how not good the rendering distance is and how busy the whole forest and how easily.you can get turned around cause of not having a minimap and how samey everything looks its difficult to tell which trees are spent until you move towards then and in the forest areas that means taking a few winding paths and turns and oops yeah no you did hit that tree but now you're whipped around again.

And if you're in handheld mode good loving luck.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have some old Pokemon cards. I think the only one that might be worth some money is this Charizard card:

I've never tried to sell a trading card before, so I'm not sure how it works. Is it worth getting this graded and sticking it on ebay, or should I try something else? If there's a good guide for this sort of thing, please let me know.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

DorianGravy posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have some old Pokemon cards. I think the only one that might be worth some money is this Charizard card:

I've never tried to sell a trading card before, so I'm not sure how it works. Is it worth getting this graded and sticking it on ebay, or should I try something else? If there's a good guide for this sort of thing, please let me know.
It's not a first edition, so it's likely not worth that much money, honestly. (First editions have a little ① on them)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Blaziken386 posted:

It's not a first edition, so it's likely not worth that much money, honestly. (First editions have a little ① on them)

I'd always heard that and decided to look up info. I couldn't find a good list of values but here it looks like people are selling non-first edition Charizards for decent cash here. https://mavin.io/search?q=Charizard+Base+Set+4%2F102 I could be wrong but maybe some money can be made off that card.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It looks like it has some slight warping, bending upwards in the middle. A non-first edition one with an obvious but not drastic flaw would probably be worth maybe 90-100?

For reference this one which is in fairly rough shape comparatively sold for about 70 usd.

Mint condition ones on that site are selling for about 200-300 but that one doesn't look perfectly mint, so.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Are old Pokemone cards from the 90's still playable? I know different TCG's do it differently, like Yugioh everything still works and in Magic everything still works but they don't let you use old stuff outside nostalgia formats. But other games will get reformatted so older cards just outright don't work with the game anymore.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

galagazombie posted:

Are old Pokemone cards from the 90's still playable? I know different TCG's do it differently, like Yugioh everything still works and in Magic everything still works but they don't let you use old stuff outside nostalgia formats. But other games will get reformatted so older cards just outright don't work with the game anymore.

They're playable in that the game still works the same way, but none of them are legal for tournament play, even in the Unlimited format which cuts off at HGSS

Early Pokémon TCG design was exceptionally bad

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

With how not good the rendering distance is and how busy the whole forest and how easily.you can get turned around cause of not having a minimap and how samey everything looks its difficult to tell which trees are spent until you move towards then and in the forest areas that means taking a few winding paths and turns and oops yeah no you did hit that tree but now you're whipped around again.

And if you're in handheld mode good loving luck.

I understand that everyone processes stuff like this differently, and that's okay!

But just to balance out the discussion I have to add that I never had a problem navigating the forest.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

DorianGravy posted:

I sold mine for like $100 USD last year through TCGPlayer. I forgot how much grading costs but its not worth it on a non 1st edition.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

the cards would still 'work' even if no format has them legal, you could play them casually, but theyd all be terrible. hp, damage numbers, effects, have all been powercrept super hard.

like we're talking stuff like this being pretty normal in the card game now

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
why the hell is that Crobat a basic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zoran posted:

why the hell is that Crobat a basic

a long while ago they added a mechanic (i cant remember the original name, EX maybe?) where mons got Basic, strong versions but also awarded two prize cards upon being KO'd.